Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's our Quarterback in 2018?
The QB isn't what's broken on this team!!!!! Why fix what isn't broken? Wanna break it too? How about addressing this goof troop Oline for starters!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At one point in time, both Marvin and Alexander were good coaches.  However, the NFL is ever evolving, changing at a faster pace than in previous generations.  I'll give an example to illustrate what I'm talking about.  Remember when the Wildcat was killing defenses?  How, when Miami looked to be unstoppable running it?  How long did it take for innovative defensive coordinators to study it, and devise schemes to stonewall it?  About what, 6-8 weeks?

The point I'm trying to make is that guys like Marvin and Alexander don't innovate as the NFL does.  They have become stagnant, and so has the team.  They continue to build and plan a team for a style that was effective in one snapshot in time.  If you look at our offenses in recent years, they have been most productive being run by innovative OCs like Gruden and Jackson, who were both open to running something different, when what was working grew stale.  The same applies with our OL.  Alexander keeps trying to run a zone blocking scheme, that was make prolific by just a couple of coaches, about 20 years ago.  That is a long time to be attempting to push square pegs through round holes.

Good post. Maybe stagnate is the perfect word to explain this coaching staff. Yet, as stagnate water gives you the shits? So do these coaches. LOL...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton. The question is who is our new coaches, and how will this new oline gel.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:19 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The QB isn't what's broken on this team!!!!! Why fix what isn't broken? Wanna break it too? How about addressing this goof troop Oline for starters!

He might not be broke but he's a Toyota Camry. If you have a chance to go out and get a Lambo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good post. Maybe stagnate is the perfect word to explain this coaching staff. Yet, as stagnate water gives you the shits? So do these coaches. LOL...

The organization is filled with lifers. How many people in management have only worked here?

As for Marvin...he's been here like 15 years. I'm sure when he came in he had fresh ideas...but you can only do so much when you don't sign free agents and let guys leave for Comp Picks. When you have to coach and scout.

I'm sure it wears on you. He's now apathetic.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He might not be broke but he's a Toyota Camry. If you have a chance to go out and get a Lambo...

Keep the Camry incase the lambos in the shop..  carbon fiber is a *****.
Reply/Quote
Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good post. Maybe stagnate is the perfect word to explain this coaching staff. Yet, as stagnate water gives you the shits? So do these coaches. LOL...

But, until the Management sees their own culpability, in allowing things to be as they are, nothing will change.

The worst part of the entire deal?  Aside from the obvious heartbreak and misery to the loyal fans, there are some seriously talented players just wasting their careers away on this roster.  One of those players blew a gasket today.

This team is seriously starting to remind me of the pre-Marvin years.  That time when talented guys like Pickens, Dillon, Spikes, etc. were just dying to be anywhere but on the Bengals roster.  When Marvin first arrived, he represented a ray of hope.  Hope that the Management had finally decided to go "all in", and make a serious effort to field a winner.  Years later, we all know that was only "conditionally" true, and another generation of Bengal fans has now had the life sucked out of them by Mike Brown.

I generally mask my disgust with the organization with a little humor and sarcasm, and appearing at times to be the eternal optimist.  But, just like so many other life long fans of this team, the Management has essentially killed my enthusiasm.  I slipped into a bit of a dark hole for a minute, just before the season began, and declared that this was going to be a 3-13 type of team.  I have to say, that prediction might not be that far off.  Games like the ones versus Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and today's game look mighty akin to games of a 3-13 team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, until the Management sees their own culpability, in allowing things to be as they are, nothing will change.

The worst part of the entire deal?  Aside from the obvious heartbreak and misery to the loyal fans, there are some seriously talented players just wasting their careers away on this roster.  One of those players blew a gasket today.

This team is seriously starting to remind me of the pre-Marvin years.  That time when talented guys like Pickens, Dillon, Spikes, etc. were just dying to be anywhere but on the Bengals roster.  When Marvin first arrived, he represented a ray of hope.  Hope that the Management had finally decided to go "all in", and make a serious effort to field a winner.  Years later, we all know that was only "conditionally" true, and another generation of Bengal fans has now had the life sucked out of them by Mike Brown.

I generally mask my disgust with the organization with a little humor and sarcasm, and appearing at times to be the eternal optimist.  But, just like so many other life long fans of this team, the Management has essentially killed my enthusiasm.  I slipped into a bit of a dark hole for a minute, just before the season began, and declared that this was going to be a 3-13 type of team.  I have to say, that prediction might not be that far off.  Games like the ones versus Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and today's game look mighty akin to games of a 3-13 team.

10-fold! Most of us are depressed. Good Lord! Get rid of Marvin tomorrow please. It won't change much, but at least do something. Anything?

Reply/Quote
You know, I bet Dalton and AJ Green were wondering why Palmer demanded a trade right before they were drafted.

I bet now they're like "oh".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know, I bet Dalton and AJ Green were wondering why Palmer demanded a trade right before they were drafted.

I bet now they're like "oh".

Sorta like Luke Skywalker telling Yoda he's not afraid before he walks into the cave. You will be, "You WILL BE!

Reply/Quote
Q: Who's our QB in 2018?

A: Does it really matter?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is our starter in 2018 as his contract is still team friendly. But I do think we draft his replacement next year to take over in 2019
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Mayfield in round 2
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:26 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Mayfield in round 2

He keeps doing what he's doing, he might not make it out of the first.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hopefully Andy Dalton. He's the best QB that we could get right now, and I would say he's better than any QB in the upcoming draft. I don't see why he would be going anywhere in 2018.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton.

No question, nor should there be.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think Andy might be pulling a Palmer after this year and say upgrade my oline or trade me
Reply/Quote
JT Barrett.

AJ McCarron will replace Kirk Cousins in Washington, Andy Dalton will back up DeShaun Watson in Houston, and AJ Green will make Tom Brady Great Again in New England.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:31 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Be careful, the grass isn't always greener.

As Bill Polian recently said, the biggest mistake he made in his career was selecting Andrew Luck in RD1 and not Andy Dalton.  He said had he taken Dalton he'd still be employed.
And, he and Dalton would have won multiple post-season games. It just will never happen in Cincy.
Reply/Quote