Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's our Quarterback in 2018?
(11-05-2017, 08:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: JT Barrett.

AJ McCarron will replace Kirk Cousins in Washington, Andy Dalton will back up DeShaun Watson in Houston, and AJ Green will make Tom Brady Great Again in New England.

You don't think anyone will offer someone with Dalton's resume a starting gig? C'mon now.

Not that Dalton is going anywhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hopefully Andy Dalton. He's the best QB that we could get right now, and I would say he's better than any QB in the upcoming draft. I don't see why he would be going anywhere in 2018.

Doubt many outside Cincinnati would agree with you. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If we draft someone I hope it's not till round 2, I want an O-linemen in the first.

QB's I like who MAY be available in round 2...Mayfield or Rudolph.
Reply/Quote
Has to be Dalton. If I'm being completely honest here, I've bashed Andy this year out of frustration with his multiple out of bounds passes, but I think Andy is as frustrated as Green is right now. What can they do? They can't make the o-line better. They can't change our terrible HC, they can't change our careless owner and they sure as hell can't make the defense better. There are so many issues with this team they're starting to rub off on them. Andy is and has always been an above average QB, but I wouldn't start with him as the main issue on this team. It starts with next off-season. This team is salvageable, we screwed up by not dealing AJM to the Browns in this pst draft. We wanted a 1st and got greedy. We can blame the Browns all day on that bobbled trade last week and that's fine, but I wonder why we were okay with a 2nd this time and not in the draft? Maybe because AJM filed a grievance against the Bengals?

Our fixes have to happen in this order.

Marvin needs to go 10 years ago. After the 2006-2007 season he needed to go. And look where we are with him now (I'll wait haha).

O-Line needs to be addressed in the first two rounds. LT with our first pick and a C/OG with the second. Maybe some depth in rounds 5-6. We need it bad.

Safety has to be brought up as does the entire defense. What is the problem? PG? Secondary? Front 7?

Andy is last. We can improve at QB I guess, but I'm not going to put any blame on Andy. We all knew this guy would not do good under pressure. We need to protect him. He'll be our QB next year and should be.
Reply/Quote
I want Baker Mayfield!
Reply/Quote
It will be Dalton he has three years left on his deal and it is a pretty cheap deal. We may draft a guy in the 2nd or third to groom though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You don't think anyone will offer someone with Dalton's resume a starting gig? C'mon now.

Not that Dalton is going anywhere.

Beginning to wonder if Arians and the Cards might be interested in Dalton.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dalton will still be the Bengals starting QB in 2018 and at least through 2020 unless he pulls a Palmer, gets fed up with horrible coaching, team management and quits on the team. He is a just above average QB and that is hard to come by these days. He is never going to be a superstar QB that can carry a team but he is serviceable enough he will remain on the roster for several years. I like Andy and maybe he will develop to be more like Alex Smith has been over the last 2 years if he gets the right team and coaching around him. You never know.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Beginning to wonder if Arians and the Cards might be interested in Dalton.....

Hey, they loved the last Bengals QB they got. I'd love to see Dalton with Arians and David Johnson. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He might not be broke but he's a Toyota Camry. If you have a chance to go out and get a Lambo...

Agreed. The Lambo will get you about as far though if ya still have bold tires and no gas... I'd worry about the tires and gas first... that's just me though.
Reply/Quote
You guys want a Lambo when we are living out of a refrigerator box. What's the point of getting a Baker Mayfield when we can't even block for him? Dalton is getting sacked by UNTOUCHED defensive linemen...THINK about this!? Adding Baker Mayfield who knows zero about pass protections and defensive schemes is REALLY going to make it better?

Sheesh.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I'm just happy Dalton is better than that QB we used to have, Jon Kitna. Muahaha
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:57 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: You guys want a Lambo when we are living out of a refrigerator box. What's the point of getting a Baker Mayfield when we can't even block for him? Dalton is getting sacked by UNTOUCHED defensive linemen...THINK about this!? Adding Baker Mayfield who knows zero about pass protections and defensive schemes is REALLY going to make it better?

Sheesh.

Dalton never did anything spectacular even when he had halfway decent line's. I'd like to draft his eventual replacement AND work on fixing the oline. Hell, I'd like to see if a different oline coach could do anything with these guys as a first step.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 09:11 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm a Dalton fan but this offseason would be the one to deal him. The draft seems stocked full of some decent QB talent (huge reason I thought it funny that SF and Cleveland wanted Jimmy and AJ at all). Darnold, Rosen, Faulk, Rudolph, Mayfield, Allen.

Same here, big Dalton fan but it might be best for the team to move on and start fresh since hopefully we will have a new HC
next year. Trade Dalton to the Skins for a first rounder and draft Baker Mayfield and the best available OT in the first round
would be my ideal scenario at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:57 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: You guys want a Lambo when we are living out of a refrigerator box. What's the point of getting a Baker Mayfield when we can't even block for him? Dalton is getting sacked by UNTOUCHED defensive linemen...THINK about this!? Adding Baker Mayfield who knows zero about pass protections and defensive schemes is REALLY going to make it better?

Sheesh.

What rookie QB would know more than Mayfield? He also has a quick release and makes amazing throws.

This is all assuming we get a new HC and an O-line coach that picks his new guys and can coach up the line.

This team needs to start fresh, i really like Dalton but it might be best for everybody to trade the guy.

If he sticks around i am also all for it, just hoping at this point all this crappy coaching is not in his head.

The coaches are not giving Dalton enough control and give him no protection, it is bullshit man.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton never did anything spectacular 

Except win games.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except win games.  ThumbsUp

....and set some franchise records......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and set some franchise records......

"Nothing spectacular"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: JT Barrett.

AJ McCarron will replace Kirk Cousins in Washington, Andy Dalton will back up DeShaun Watson in Houston, and AJ Green will make Tom Brady Great Again in New England.

JT Barrett is about the 10th or 12th best QB prospect in the upcoming draft. Surely the Bengals can do better than Barrett. Barrett doesn’t have a pro game skill set.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wasn't Gruden the one who really pushed for Dalton? If Cousins leaves Washington it would be interesting to see if he tries to bring 14 down there.

With this supposedly being one of the best QB drafts since the 80's it could be a good chance to grab one.

The '99 Draft was supposed to be the best QB crop since '83. It unleashed Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Cade McNown on three unsuspecting fan-bases (well, two and ours, we knew deep-down what was coming) and only ended up having Donovan McNabb and three good seasons of Daunte Culpepper to show for it. 

Sometimes 'deepest (insert position) draft since' means there's no one able to separate themselves from the rest, no one knows who's actually the best of the bunch, and they're all just meh. 

It's similar to the old adage: If you have two QB's you really have none.

Like Andy or hate him, unless any of those QB's can both run and pass block while simultaneously playing QB, it won't matter who's taking snaps.

Wait a minute...QUICK!!! Someone call Jared Lorenzen!!!
Reply/Quote