Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the best actor?
I won't say he's the best but Christopher Waltz is awesome. I think I've only seen him in 2 movies but figured I'd give him a mention. Anyone seen him in anything beyond the Tarantino movies?
Reply/Quote
If we're talking all time, Mr. Eastwood is worth a mention.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 12:19 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If we're talking all time, Mr. Eastwood is worth a mention.

Definately at the top of the list.  From the spaghetti westerns to Grand Torino. He might make me split my Christopher Walken vote. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 12:19 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If we're talking all time, Mr. Eastwood is worth a mention.

He's a good actor. But I always felt he was button-holed into a only few types of roles. Granted, he was extremely good in those roles. I feel the same about John Wayne. We never really got to see all that they can/could do.

That said, he is without question one of my top two favorite directors (Ron Howard is the other).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 08:20 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Daniel Day Lewis

Lincoln
Gangs of New York
There Will Be Blood
Last of the Mohicans

Among others

Females?????   I'm a huge fan of Sasha Grey and the work she's done in the film industry.

Good call.  I can't believe I forgot him.  His role in Gangs of New York is one of my favorites.

Since we're kind on the topic, am I one of the only people that didn't like There Will be Blood?  Don't get me wrong, I think he was great as usual, I just think the movie was kind of meh.  Same goes for No Country for Old Men.  I thought both were kind of a letdown.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 01:44 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Good call.  I can't believe I forgot him.  His role in Gangs of New York is one of my favorites.

Since we're kind on the topic, am I one of the only people that didn't like There Will be Blood?  Don't get me wrong, I think he was great as usual, I just think the movie was kind of meh.  Same goes for No Country for Old Men.  I thought both were kind of a letdown.

I sort of felt the same way about the endings for those two movies. I thought there were great aspects to both movies and great acting in them. But something about the ways that the stories unraveled just left me blah. I don't mind a tragic ending at all, but at least make it a good one.
Reply/Quote
Morgan Freeman, Harrison Ford, Dustin Hoffman, DeNiro. Jon Voight is a helluva actor. Kevin Spacey. Robert Duvall. Denziel.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
No love for Ed Norton?

Reply/Quote
Paul Newman is up there......if for nothing else, Cool Hand Luke and The Color of Money, not to mention, he was a top notch race car driver.

I also like Duvall, Hackman, Freeman, Johnny Depp, Eastwood, DeNiro, Clooney, Nicholson, Billy Bob Thornton, and you can't sell the comedic guys short....like Gene Wilder, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, Belushi, Chris Tucker, maybe even some Will Farrell and Chris Farley.....I mean getting a laugh has to be good for something, look at the lineup in "Harlem Nights".

Women....I liked Bridgette Fonda in her limited time on the screen...Streep, Kathy Bates is a good actress...Drew Berrymore, Selma Hayek (obvious reasons) I like Jennifer Lawrence and even Jennifer Anniston.....Julia Roberts and Julliette Lewis are two I like as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Ron Pearlman and Mikey Rourke have pulled off many different types of roles and i think should be in the hunt at least.

Best Female for me is Sigourney Weaver for a wide range or roles to being in many of my favorite movies. shes a great actress.

Male Actor.... as far as hitting his role for best ever i would go with Johnny Depp
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Paul Newman is up there......if for nothing else, Cool Hand Luke and The Color of Money, not to mention, he was a top notch race car driver.

I also like Duvall, Hackman, Freeman, Johnny Depp, Eastwood, DeNiro, Clooney, Nicholson, Billy Bob Thornton, and you can't sell the comedic guys short....like Gene Wilder, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, Belushi, Chris Tucker, maybe even some Will Farrell and Chris Farley.....I mean getting a laugh has to be good for something, look at the lineup in "Harlem Nights".

Women....I liked Bridgette Fonda in her limited time on the screen...Streep, Kathy Bates is a good actress...Drew Berrymore, Selma Hayek (obvious reasons) I like Jennifer Lawrence and even Jennifer Anniston.....Julia Roberts and Julliette Lewis are two I like as well.

And "The Verdict".  loved that gritty alcoholic loser feel of it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 11:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And "The Verdict".  loved that gritty alcoholic loser feel of it.

That was on tv last night.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 01:44 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Since we're kind on the topic, am I one of the only people that didn't like There Will be Blood?  Don't get me wrong, I think he was great as usual, I just think the movie was kind of meh.  Same goes for No Country for Old Men.  I thought both were kind of a letdown.

(02-03-2016, 03:02 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I sort of felt the same way about the endings for those two movies. I thought there were great aspects to both movies and great acting in them. But something about the ways that the stories unraveled just left me blah. I don't mind a tragic ending at all, but at least make it a good one.

This.
Reply/Quote
Can't forget Gary Oldman.

Sean Connery has his moments.

"The Rapist" for $500 Alex !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 02:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Can't forget Gary Oldman.

You know who should share this opinion?

[Image: ZKNTugA2ioDx.gif]
Reply/Quote

Gary Oldman is good.  He really creeps me out, though.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

there are lots of great ones over the years

Gene hackman has been in a lot as well

Robert duvall as well.

I dont know if its possible to pin down best actor as most will be opinion based unless we go by box office sales or net worth or something like that.
Reply/Quote
Albert Finney and Helen Mirren
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 03:23 PM)McC Wrote: Gary Oldman is good.  He really creeps me out, though.
The actor who really creeps me the F out is Jeremy Irons.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mdc9b68ac943d7c665535761c38ad8...=318&h=176]  Nervous
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 03:23 PM)McC Wrote: Gary Oldman is good.  He really creeps me out, though.

[Image: o1b1INh.gif]
Reply/Quote