Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the best actor?
(02-03-2016, 10:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: o1b1INh.gif]
That's the one.  What is that movie?  I couldn't think of it to save my life.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 01:09 AM)McC Wrote: That's the one.  What is that movie?  I couldn't think of it to save my life.

The 5th Element.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fun fact for my nominee:

Whenever he gets a script, he must get a copy without punctuation; then he puts them where he wants
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 02:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact for my nominee:

Whenever he gets a script, he must get a copy without punctuation; then he puts them where he wants

That has really, got to be... a tough thing, to do, when you think... about, it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Christopher Walken? 
Reply/Quote

That's because he doesn't talk like anyone else, I suppose.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 03:23 PM)McC Wrote: Gary Oldman is good.  He really creeps me out, though.

(02-03-2016, 10:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The actor who really creeps me the F out is Jeremy Irons.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mdc9b68ac943d7c665535761c38ad8...=318&h=176]  Nervous
Nervous

You guys are afraid of people who pretend... Tongue
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 03:23 PM)McC Wrote: Gary Oldman is good. He really creeps me out, though.

(02-03-2016, 10:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The actor who really creeps me the F out is Jeremy Irons.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mdc9b68ac943d7c665535761c38ad8...=318&h=176] Nervous

Two creepy guys. I'll toss in another: Stanley Tucci. He was a world-class creep in The Lovely Bones.

[Image: tumblr_lvci69r7xi1qmr448o1_r1_500.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No love for Dennis Hopper?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No love for Dennis Hopper?

He was a damn good one.  And quite a director too.

Reply/Quote

One of my favorite movies is True Romance.

So many good actors in that movie.

Just the scene with Hopper and Walken is epic by itself.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Good call.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 10:43 AM)Bryan Wrote: No love for Ed Norton?

Maybe not one of the all time greats, but certainly one of the most underrated

Primal Fear
The People Versus Larry Flint
Rounders
American History X 
Fight Club
The Illusionist
Birdman 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 01:27 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: He's a good actor. But I always felt he was button-holed into a only few types of roles. Granted, he was extremely good in those roles. I feel the same about John Wayne. We never really got to see all that they can/could do.

That said, he is without question one of my top two favorite directors (Ron Howard is the other).

This.  I really liked a lot of his movies, but he has limited range.

And a really great director.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 06:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Raging Bull/Goodfellas Robert Deniro was my favorite.

Now? I would say Dicaprio or Christian Bale.

I pretty much agree with this.

DeNiro is amy all-time favorite, but recently he has agreed to make some of the worst movies ever.  

DiCaprio has amazing range.  If you consider DeNiro past his prime then DiCaprio is my next favorite.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 07:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Good call.....

Weird little story about Dennis Hopper--

Quite a few years ago, I was kind of hooked up with this couple who had been working in movies for years.  He was a transportation captain and she was in production design.

They really like one of my scripts, a comedy.  So, they were shopping it around Hollywood.  They had worked with Hopper a couple times and had a pretty good relationship with him.  They sent him the script.  At the time, if I remember right, he was more interested in producing and directing than in acting.

He like the script, wanted to buy an option on it.

A date was set up for Hopper to come to Cincy and do the deal.  I almost lost my job taking the day off work to go meet him at Lunken airport.  He was only going to be here long enough to sign the deal and then leave.

Needless to say, I was on cloud nine.   It was never more than a glorified hobby with me, but I got pretty damned pumped about this development.

So, the couple picks me up and we ride out to the airport.   We get there just about the time his plane landed.  One of those Lear jet kind of planes.

We're parked a couple hundred feet from where his plane landed.  The guy, Mario, has me wait there with his wife while he trots out to the plane.  He goes up into the plane, stays there about five minutes, then comes trotting back to the car.  Hopper steps into the doorway of the plane, waves in our direction.  The door closes just as Mario gets back to us.

What's up, I ask.  The plane starts to taxi away.
Mario says Hopper is on his way to NY to sign a big deal, just stopped by to tell us he was out of our deal.

Me--WTF?
Mario--That's Dennis.

Me--Can't he do it later?
Mario--That's not Dennis.

So, he sort of waved at me from a distance and that was my brush with fame.  At least, I think it was him.  Could have been a guy in a Dennis Hopper mask, for all I know.  He was pretty far away.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I pretty much agree with this.

DeNiro is amy all-time favorite, but recently he has agreed to make some of the worst movies ever.  

DiCaprio has amazing range.  If you consider DeNiro past his prime then DiCaprio is my next favorite.
I just don't get all of the dicaprio love. Not saying he is a horrible actor, just not a great one with "amazing range". The only movies outside of Titanic I've seen him in we're either action or drama. Now maybe I've missed him being in a few comedies or a few more romance movies but when someone is limited to one or 2 movie types for their career I would say their range is somewhat limited. 
Reply/Quote
Do I have to say, "What no love for...?" or can I just throw out Paul Giamatti.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 03:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do I have to say, "What no love for...?" or can I just throw out Paul Giamatti.

He's damn good.  Loved his bad guy in "Shoot 'Em Up."  "Either he's that good or we really suck."

Reply/Quote
Gonna Throw out Kevin Bacon... Hes done some really good work... His acting in Sleepers was so good it made my aunt hate him for a while.
Reply/Quote