Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your Day 3 Targets?
It's Running Back Day! Can we see the Bengals taking not just one but two running backs?!?!

IOL - Christian Mahogany, Mason McCormick, Beaux Limmer, Hunter Nourzad, Sedrick Van Pran, Tanner Bortolini
DL - Kristian Boyd, Jordan Jefferson, Leonard Taylor, Fabien Lovett, Mo Kamara, Brandon Dorlus (tweener fell), Evan Anderson
TE - Ja'Tavion Sanders, Cade Stover, Theo Johnson, Jaheim Bell
RB - Audric Estime, Jaylen Wright, Braelon Allen, Rasheen Ali, Tyrone Tracy, plus more many many more.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely Estime for me. The dude is big and fast and agile for a BIG running back. If we snag him today, we will have won the draft.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:24 AM)Synric Wrote: It's Running Back Day! Can we see the Bengals taking not just one but two running backs?!?!

IOL - Christian Mahogany, Mason McCormick, Beaux Limmer, Hunter Nourzad, Sedrick Van Pran, Tanner Bortolini
DL - Kristian Boyd, Jordan Jefferson, Leonard Taylor, Fabien Lovett, Mo Kamara, Brandon Dorlus (tweener fell), Evan Anderson
RB - Audric Estime, Jaylen Wright, Braelon Allen, Rasheen Ali, Tyrone Tracy, plus more many many more.

Great list.

I'd add 
CB: TJ Tampa, Khyree Jackson, Caelen Carson, DeCamerion Richardson, Kalen King, Cam Hart, Qwan'tez Stiggers, Jarvis Brownlee, Nehemiah Pritchett,  Josh Newton, Kris Abrams-Draine, DJ James

Lou loves speed in his CBs, so Tampa and Jackson may be out for him, but they're so big, it'd be enticing.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:24 AM)Synric Wrote: It's Running Back Day! Can we see the Bengals taking not just one but two running backs?!?!

Estime ran a 4.71 40 at the combine, that is bottom 10% in RB speed across all Drafted RBs over the last 10 or so years. 

Not saying it crucifies him, but lordy, if that is his top speed, then they would basically be drafting a Full Back. 

Hew did run a little faster at the ND Pro Day, like 4.56 or something. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 09:18 AM)JAllenJ Wrote: Estime ran a 4.71 40 at the combine, that is bottom 10% in RB speed across all Drafted RBs over the last 10 or so years. 

Not saying it crucifies him, but lordy, if that is his top speed, then they would basically be drafting a Full Back. 

He falls forward for 3 yards, that is his value.  I'll take that for RB3.

Reply/Quote

(04-27-2024, 08:56 AM)CJD Wrote: Great list.

I'd add 
CB: TJ Tampa, Khyree Jackson, Caelen Carson, DeCamerion Richardson, Kalen King, Cam Hart, Qwan'tez Stiggers, Jarvis Brownlee, Nehemiah Pritchett,  Josh Newton, Kris Abrams-Draine, DJ James

Lou loves speed in his CBs, so Tampa and Jackson may be out for him, but they're so big, it'd be enticing.

Two solid lists here.  
Reply/Quote
Sanders at TE.

I liked Leonard Taylor, but we took 2 DT so that's out.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 09:18 AM)JAllenJ Wrote: Estime ran a 4.71 40 at the combine, that is bottom 10% in RB speed across all Drafted RBs over the last 10 or so years. 

I'd take Braelon Allen. 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be opposed to a LB pick. Jeremiah Trotter is still out there.
Reply/Quote
Jeremiah Trotter has to be considered now that he’s still there. After the year both Wilson and Pratt had there needs to be someone behind them two pushing them. Also Love to bring Leonard Taylor in. Would love Dillon Johnson… the value as late as u can get him is special but if they wanna go jaylen Wright here early that could bring maaaaaaassive upside.
Tj Tampa would probably be my first choice tho with corner being a need and I could’ve lived with him in at 49. His 4.5 don’t worry me he’s ultra physical…
Jordan Jefferson would be a good pick and I think any of the tight ends I could live with now being selected but that’s really just cuz the value is finally there. I mean here we are day 3 and the bengals hVe had plenty of opportunity to bring in a tight end and yet again they’ve passed. Theo Johnson ben Sinnot jatavion at 149 if there, would be great also love tanner Mcglaughlin. Javion Cohen gives me good depth on the line him or Mason McCormick would make me feel good with 1 of first two picks.

Imo perfect work
Tj Tampa at 115
Mason McCormick at 149
Reply/Quote
I'll stick with the "Athletes" theme of the draft.

TE: THEO JOHNSON
RB: ISSAC GUERENDO
ED: CEDRIC JOHNSON

Now some fine favs:
WR: BUB MEANS
ED: EYABI OKIE (Hell, we took Burton)
RB: TYRONE TRACY
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Greg Cosell says everything you need to know about Auddic Estime in one paragraph.
https://www.the33rdteam.com/audric-estime-nfl-draft-2024-combine-results-scouting-report-for-notre-dame-rb/

Quote:Estimé was a master of the 6- to 9-yard run with his vision, contact balance and finishing traits. The more I watched Estimé, the more I liked him as an NFL back, with his toughness and competitiveness as an inside runner who worked effectively in a tight, confined space and did not go down easily.

I really like the idea of adding Estime's skill set to the RB room especially after losing Joe Mixon's consistency.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
How many picks do we have left?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
My lists. Earlier in list = earlier rounds.

CB: Tampa, Hart, Jackson, Richardson, Carson Brownlee, Hadden, Pritchett, Hardy.
IOL: Mahogany, Bartolini, Van-Pran, McCormick, Nourzad, Robinson.
TE: Stover, Johnson, Bell, Sanders, All, Barner, Wiley
RB: Allen, Estime, Wright, Guerrero, Laube, Ali, Vidal
LB: Gray, Jacobs, Ford, Ulofoshio, Speights
NT: Boyd, Jefferson, Lovett, Murphy, Anderson
P: Taylor
WR (slot): Washington (best PFF grade in nation on short routes, late downs, and vs zone), Cowing.

I realize that is 8 position groups and we only have 6 picks. One will get skipped (likely WR) and we could fill others in FA (Gilmore, Nelson, Jackson, Howard at CB, bring back our own guys like Bailey or Tupou, Risner or C. Williams at IOL, etc). Guys like Murphy, Anderson, & Hardy could be UDFAs.

From FA or draft we still need:
1. CB4 (boundary corner)
2-3. IOL depth (C & G, at least 1)
4. Punter

Sure would be nice:
5. A complete TE
6. Another nose.
7. LB5
8. RB (big guy or 3rd down guy),

Likely a luxury:
9. Pure slot WR (I do not buy Burton as a slot).
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll stick with the "Athletes" theme of the draft.

TE: THEO JOHNSON
RB: ISSAC GUERENDO
ED: CEDRIC JOHNSON

Now some fine favs:
WR: BUB MEANS
RB: TYRONE TRACY

Theo Johnson and Tyrone Tracy are two I really like.
Reply/Quote
I think we could change the number of guys we keep at some positions this year.

RB: 3 instead of 4.
WR: 7 instead of 6
TE: 4 instead of 3
OL: 9 instead of 10
DL: 11 instead of 10
DB: 9 instead of 10 (with Ivey & Anderson starting on PUP possibly).
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Now some fine favs:

Hey no joke, I got my eye on Eyabi. Five-star recruit too (which Zac has said he values). He's got a bizarre background (25-yo super senior, transferred/dismissed out of Michigan, Houston AND Bama for unnamed disciplinary issues) but his athleticism speaks for itself. He just screams "I need the right coach!" to me. I don't know if Lou is that guy but I'm intrigued by the possibilities.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:56 AM)CJD Wrote: Great list.

I'd add 

(04-27-2024, 10:40 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to a LB pick.  Jeremiah Trotter is still out there.

I didn't really get to the CB, LB, and Edges this year. Thanks for the lists. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 11:03 AM)Destro Wrote: How many picks do we have left?

6 more, IIRC.

One in each round, with 2 7s and 2... 6s?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's my short list...

- TE - Mclachlin, Holker, Stover (I was STUNNED Tip Reiman went early 3rd)
- DE - Gabe Murphy, Jaylen Harrell
- RB - Wright, Tracy Jr, Ray Davis, Shipley
- OL - Jalen Sundell, Mahogany

I do think they need a CB for depth as well, but I don't know enough about what they are looking for in CBs or have watched much info on this draft class to pick one. 5'11" or taller, fast, willing to tackle looks to be the major 3 things. lol
Reply/Quote