Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who should be Trump's VP choice and why?
Could be a little soft on certain aspects but I think Satan could be a great VP.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if anybody told these VP candidates that his supporters were ready to hang his last VP. And when they were outside chanting hang Mike Pence, Trump said he deserved it.

I could see him picking that billionaire and pulling a con on him to steal his money. But I also know he is all about optics. And that black guy talking about how great the Jim Crow era was probably moved up the list.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 08:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wonder if anybody told these VP candidates that his supporters were ready to hang his last VP. And when they were outside chanting hang Mike Pence, Trump said he deserved it.

I could see him picking that billionaire and pulling a con on him to steal his money. But I also know he is all about optics. And that black guy talking about how great the Jim Crow era was probably moved up the list.

Another lie from the left.

If you listened to the man speak, instead of believing the liberal clickbait, you would know he was talking about the nuclear family, comparing now to then. There is more to it, but I will let you search that yourself and listen to the man.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 10:34 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Another lie from the left.

If you listened to the man speak, instead of believing the liberal clickbait, you would know he was talking about the nuclear family, comparing now to then. There is more to it, but I will let you search that yourself and listen to the man.

He said black families were better off during Jim Crow.  It is not lies from the left,  He chose the comparason.  And only someone who wants to whitewash American history during the Jim Crow era would say something that ridiculously stupid.  He's entitled to his opinion as idiotic as it is.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 10:42 PM)pally Wrote: He said black families were better off during Jim Crow.  It is not lies from the left,  He chose the comparason.  And only someone who wants to whitewash American history during the Jim Crow era would say something that ridiculously stupid.  He's entitled to his opinion as idiotic as it is.  

If you believe that, then you're feeding into the propaganda.

The ill informed feed off reactions to what he said, but do not listen to or read what Byron Donalds actually said. Hence the spread of your misinformation.

What all did he say to support what was originally claimed? In context of course.
Reply/Quote

(06-07-2024, 10:48 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: If you believe that, then you're feeding into the propaganda.

The ill informed feed off reactions to what he said, but do not listen to or read what Byron Donalds actually said. Hence the spread of your misinformation.

What all did he say to support what was originally claimed? In context of course.

It's very clear what he's talking about. 

Then again, what do you expect from people that get offended by a simple speech praising and advocating for Stay At Home Moms?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 10:48 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: If you believe that, then you're feeding into the propaganda.

(06-08-2024, 02:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's very clear what he's talking about. 

Then again, what do you expect from people that get offended by a simple speech praising and advocating for Stay At Home Moms?

Is it? I definitely missed the point. So according to him during Jim Crow more black families were together and more black people voted conservative. So what does that mean we should bring back racist laws to make more blacks vote conservative?

Looks to me like he was sitting there drinking and said some dumb shit he shouldn’t have. But you guys will defend anything as long as they have an R next to their name and they worship dear leader.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 02:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's very clear what he's talking about. 

It was quite clear he was pandering.

His own family wouldn’t exist in the era of Jim Crow. He was risking getting lynched by even looking a white woman let alone dating and marrying her.

During jim Crow, nuclear families across ALL racial groups were the norm. Divorce was very hard to obtain for anyone but especially if you were poor, black, and living in the south. Women had few rights…so yeah they were stuck. But that’s ok because there was a man in the house

The next thing you will hear from him is that slavery was good for black families because they had a job,food, and housing. Don’t forget, he’s from Florida where they already teach children the benefits of slavery.

Reply/Quote

Oh...you mean like in the 1920's in Tulsa when there was an upscale, black area where families stayed together and they made lots of money and were doing well?  So the white folks massacred them?

I also wonder how many black families got "broken up" by the occasional lynching of someone who got "uppity" or was accused of looking at a white woman.  Or was just being black somewhere.

Yeah, great time for African Americans.   Mellow

Nonetheless there is no "lie" in that he said what he said.  Although with the defense of "he didn't mean what he said" I guess he fits right in with Trump as far has his supporters go so maybe he's a shoe-in.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
New article of Trump's VP choice. As for anyone saying Trump or Scott or any Republican is pandering, that is rich as Democrats have been pandering to black voters for decades. Anyone attacking Tim Scott, Joe Biden has said far worse, far worse including saying he did not want his children going to school with black children. He has a long history of signing bills to put and keep black people in jail.

BTW, it appears it is not Tim Scott who Democrats fear.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-fear-possible-trump-vp-pick-spell-end-biden-insiders

Read it for yourself.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 08:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh...you mean like in the 1920's in Tulsa when there was an upscale, black area where families stayed together and they made lots of money and were doing well?  So the white folks massacred them?

I also wonder how many black families got "broken up" by the occasional lynching of someone who got "uppity" or was accused of looking at a white woman.  Or was just being black somewhere.

Yeah, great time for African Americans.   Mellow

Nonetheless there is no "lie" in that he said what he said.  Although with the defense of "he didn't mean what he said" I guess he fits right in with Trump as far has his supporters go so maybe he's a shoe-in.

NYT is calling out Biden for his lies and embellishing the truth. At least Trump never said his uncle was eaten by cannibals. NYT fact checks Biden and determines Biden is not being truthful.

NYT issues fact-check of Biden's 'tales,' 'hyperbole'; says Trump has 'stream of lies' | Fox News
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It seems to me like it'd be a smart move for Trump to pick a VP who is popular and from a swing state that he needs to flip back to 2016 form if he wants to win.  It looks like Trump's picks are all from safe red states, or in the case of Stefanik, from a blue state that isn't in play.

Would it be fair to say there aren't enough loyal republican politicians in states like PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA, or even NV for such a move?  I know in PA our governor and both senators are democrats so that sort of takes that out of play for Trump's VP pick for example.  Side note, there is a poll-watching youtuber who made an april fools joke video that Trump picked Nikki Haley as his VP and THAT is the one that caused liberals to freak out.

Anyways, it's interesting how Trump himself has changed since 2016.  Then he had to balance the ticket with Pence to give the folks who were concerned about Trump's character issues someone saintly to say "This guy here...he's A-ok and I'll be with him" but now Trump himself is deemed to be the most saintly and just and honest guy there is so he just needs someone who will say exactly what he says and back up all of his talking points.  Have we seen this before?  Where the role of the VP isn't to balance the ticket, but to simply say "Everything the president is, does, and says is 100% right and I agree entirely and I'm just like him only I might happen to be a woman or a minority so you can trust us."

(06-09-2024, 12:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: NYT is calling out Biden for his lies and embellishing the truth. At least Trump never said his uncle was eaten by cannibals. NYT fact checks Biden and determines Biden is not being truthful.

NYT issues fact-check of Biden's 'tales,' 'hyperbole'; says Trump has 'stream of lies' | Fox News

Ida know, can't prove that he wasn't.  Biden saying his uncle was eaten by cannibals is like Trump saying 2020 was rigged...he believes it, so he isn't technically lying.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It seems to me like it'd be a smart move for Trump to pick a VP who is popular and from a swing state that he needs to flip back to 2016 form if he wants to win.  It looks like Trump's picks are all from safe red states, or in the case of Stefanik, from a blue state that isn't in play.

Would it be fair to say there aren't enough loyal republican politicians in states like PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA, or even NV for such a move?  I know in PA our governor and both senators are democrats so that sort of takes that out of play for Trump's VP pick for example.  Side note, there is a poll-watching youtuber who made an april fools joke video that Trump picked Nikki Haley as his VP and THAT is the one that caused liberals to freak out.

Anyways, it's interesting how Trump himself has changed since 2016.  Then he had to balance the ticket with Pence to give the folks who were concerned about Trump's character issues someone saintly to say "This guy here...he's A-ok and I'll be with him" but now Trump himself is deemed to be the most saintly and just and honest guy there is so he just needs someone who will say exactly what he says and back up all of his talking points.  Have we seen this before?  Where the role of the VP isn't to balance the ticket, but to simply say "Everything the president is, does, and says is 100% right and I agree entirely and I'm just like him only I might happen to be a woman or a minority so you can trust us."

Ida know, can't prove that he wasn't.  Biden saying his uncle was eaten by cannibals is like Trump saying 2020 was rigged...he believes it, so he isn't technically lying.

Of course Joe never actually said his Uncle was eaten by cannibals.  He said his uncle was shot down in an area with actual cannibals and was never seen again.  

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 02:04 PM)pally Wrote: Of course Joe never actually said his Uncle was eaten by cannibals.  He said his uncle was shot down in an area with actual cannibals and was never seen again.  

That is technically true, but it also seems fair to claim he heavily implied that this was what happened. It was weird enough as it was. If it had been Trump, I would not give him much benefit of the doubt on that one either.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 02:04 PM)pally Wrote: Of course Joe never actually said his Uncle was eaten by cannibals.  He said his uncle was shot down in an area with actual cannibals and was never seen again.  

A lie is a lie. He was a passenger on a plane which crashed in the ocean.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 07:17 AM)pally Wrote: It was quite clear he was pandering.
His own family wouldn’t exist in the era of Jim Crow.  He was risking getting lynched by even looking a white woman let alone dating and marrying her.

During jim Crow, nuclear families across ALL racial groups were the norm. Divorce was very hard to obtain for anyone but especially if you were poor, black, and living in the south.  Women had few rights…so yeah they were stuck.  But that’s ok because there was a man in the house

The next thing you will hear from him is that slavery was good for black families because they had a job,food, and housing. Don’t forget, he’s from Florida where they already teach children the benefits of slavery.

The bolded is an important point. Also people should remember that Jim Crow was only operative in some some states,
and black families, like white, held together better in non Jim Crow states as well.

Discrimination was widespread in the North during the pre-Civil Rights era, but except in some federal programs, it wasn't
backed into legal policy. So not as bad as the South.

I think what Donalds ultimately meant, once all the walkbacks are taken into account,
is that black people were better off before Johnson's Great Society and the Civil Rights struggle,
with the educational gains, better health outcomes, and widening of opportunity, but also welfare. 

It was post-Johnson that, in lieu of government programs, the male-centered, religious family was thrust front and center 
as a solution to poverty, from Patrick Moynihan to George Gilder. This feeds into the conservative "big government is bad" ideology: 
Dems have damaged the Black community with all their social programs and push for legal equality.

Donalds also said that more Blacks "voted conservatively" under Jim Crow. 

Will I be accused of falling for Dem propaganda and liberal click bait and not listening to what Donalds actually said, 
if I point out that Black's mostly COULDN'T/DIDN'T vote where Jim Crow prevailed? What if I add that conservative blacks didn't
do much to change that?  Liberals and conservatives seem to "hear" different things. Same on the Butker thread. 

In any case, I'm pretty sure that Trump will not choose any person of color for VP. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2024, 10:46 AM)pally Wrote: It is being reported that ND Gov Dough Burgam, Ohio Senator JD Vance, and Florida Senator Marco Rubio have been assked for vetting documents by the Trump campaign

Burgum is possible choice here. The one knock against from from a rational advisors POV would be that be doesn't carry a swing state, or a state with many electoral votes.

But he is a rich guy who would likely stay in the background. Someone on CNN today noted that he also had a full head of hair. I think a small thing like that could actually be decisive, depending on the final field. 

A I said earlier, all need to be yes men. No resistance or independence. That's really the only sure parameter I see here.  
Women who become state governors are not likely to fit that mold. 
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 08:56 PM)Dill Wrote: Someone on CNN today noted that he also had a full head of hair. 

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 08:56 PM)Dill Wrote: Burgum is possible choice here. The one knock against from from a rational advisors POV would be that be doesn't carry a swing state, or a state with many electoral votes.

The issue is that even swing states that have republicans in high ranking positions don't tend to have republicans who are MAGA enough for a Trump ticket. The closest would be Kari Lake in AZ, but she didn't win her election so as much as Trump is allowed to claim he won and it was rigged, there is no guarantee he and/or his followers would give her the same leeway.

PA, MI, WI, and AZ have democrat governors so it'd be down to GA and Brian Kemp is a republican governor of a swing state Trump wants to flip back that is very known to not be of the "Whatever Trump says is reality" mold.  There is only a single republican senator in that group of states, too.  It seems like a really big ask for Trump to get a swing state VP while wanting an ultra MAGA VP is a bit like wanting all your groceries in one bag but wanting that bag not to be heavy.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 07:17 AM)pally Wrote: It was quite clear he was pandering.

His own family wouldn’t exist in the era of Jim Crow.  He was risking getting lynched by even looking a white woman let alone dating and marrying her.

During jim Crow, nuclear families across ALL racial groups were the norm. Divorce was very hard to obtain for anyone but especially if you were poor, black, and living in the south.  Women had few rights…so yeah they were stuck.  But that’s ok because there was a man in the house

Of course Donalds never said any of the above now did he?

He was referring to the time when black families were stronger by staying together and that they've lost their way.

This is just like Butker's speech all over again, you guys are putting things in there that was never said just to make someone look bad.  But yet when someone does it to one of your hero's you are quick to point it out that they never actually said that.
Reply/Quote