Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who to look out for in 2016
(09-01-2016, 12:58 AM)The 160lb Fullback Wrote: There's at least 2 of us here in Australia!

Fosters is barely even beer. Living here in Victoria I would have to argue for Victoria Bitter (VB) as being a superior mass-market beer, if for no other reason than their classic TV commercials from the 70s and 80s.

AussieBengal, did you see that 7Mate will be showing the Bengals-Jets game? At a 3am start though!

(09-01-2016, 05:23 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Fosters is not a beer that Australians actually drink, that is the swill we export to the rest of the world, it is weak and tastes like dishwashing water. We keep the good brews for ourselves.

I might have guessed as much, about the Fosters being low quality swill.  Most of our "National" brands are pisswater, as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 10:41 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: So it's like our Budweiser?

(09-01-2016, 10:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I might have guessed as much, about the Fosters being low quality swill.  Most of our "National" brands are pisswater, as well.

Spot on guys, Each Australian state really has its own beer, New South Wales being Tooheys, Victoria being VB (Victorian Bitter), Queensland XXXX, Tasmania Cascade, South Australia Coopers, Western Australia Swan. VB is really drank nationally though. Fosters is the rubbish we let everyone think we drink so they don't take our beers.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:58 AM)The 160lb Fullback Wrote: There's at least 2 of us here in Australia!

Fosters is barely even beer. Living here in Victoria I would have to argue for Victoria Bitter (VB) as being a superior mass-market beer, if for no other reason than their classic TV commercials from the 70s and 80s.

AussieBengal, did you see that 7Mate will be showing the Bengals-Jets game? At a 3am start though!

Like this one lol

Reply/Quote