Logan Woodside
Rod Taylor
Auden Tate
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was your favorite pick?
Which pick did you like the best?

It’s Darius Phillips for me. He seems so versatile and obviously he’s a pure playmaker. Hopefully we have our new return man for years to come.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:14 PM)wcu Wrote: Which pick did you like the best?

It’s Darius Phillips for me. He seems so versatile and obviously he’s a pure playmaker. Hopefully we have our new return man for years to come.

Billy Price... no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Billy Price... no doubt.

I loved the Price pick. I guess it’s not my favorite because it was such a given and so necessary.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Billy Price... no doubt.

Same, like every pick besides the Walton one but finally valuing the Center position and getting the one that was
the best run blocker and had the biggest upside is definately my favorite pick. Malik Jefferson is probably my 2nd
favorite, but i agree with Darius Phillips, could be a major steal as could Andrew Brown.
Reply/Quote
Mine was JB3.

We have missed having a playmaking safety since Reggie left. That was really when our defense went downhill not being able to cover center field.

People were clamoring for Reid but really that is not we need.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Price because he was our most important pick.

The pick that I'm most excited to watch is Jessie Bates because I think he's the playmaker that we need in our secondary. He's also not afraid to lay the wood, and if he'd add on some muscle and weight to build his frame I think he'd be an enforcer. It's one of those times that I wish we had a good weight room and training facilities, but hopefully he can still build his body. Being a former safety also makes me a bit bias towards him.

He has GREAT ball skills.

I can't wait to see him get some interceptions and make guys fear coming across the middle!
Reply/Quote
After years of watching trainwreck after trainwreck try to replace Braham.....it's Billy Price.  As a big time FSU fan, I like Auden Tate, but I'm not sure he'll ever get past the practice squad.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I picked Billy Price as he was a consensus first round pick at THE need position. Of the others, Bates gives us back the center fielder safety our defense lacked and I am intrigued by Auden Tate and think he is a dark horse to make the 53.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: After years of watching trainwreck after trainwreck try to replace Braham.....it's Billy Price.  As a big time FSU fan, I like Auden Tate, but I'm not sure he'll ever get past the practice squad.

Devin Funchess ran a 4.7 40 so I am not too worried about the speed for Tate, what I like is that he scores TD's. I think there could be a place for him as a red zone specialty guy if he can be a willing blocker.

Tate against Fitzpatrick (#11 pick)

[Image: a1084b_fc2742a99b4f49daab0e65f9a61243cb~mv2.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hands down the Billy Price pick is my favorite ! I mean we need a canter badly, there's no mystery there. However, the Bengals/MB have placed no value on interior O-line up to now, basically speaking. Hope this is a sign along with the others that the times they be a changing ?

Also like the Bates pick, we need to increase our turnovers to say the least.
Reply/Quote
I went with Andrew Brown because I think he's an absolute steal but I liked all the picks really.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, like every pick besides the Walton one but finally valuing the Center position and getting the one that was
the best run blocker and had the biggest upside is definately my favorite pick. Malik Jefferson is probably my 2nd
favorite, but i agree with Darius Phillips, could be a major steal as could Andrew Brown.

Walton steps in and helps STs....
Reply/Quote
Overall Favorite was double dipping OSU players that were worth it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Devin Funchess ran a 4.7 40 so I am not too worried about the speed for Tate, what I like is that he scores TD's. I think there could be a place for him as a red zone specialty guy if he can be a willing blocker.

Tate against Fitzpatrick (#11 pick)

[Image: a1084b_fc2742a99b4f49daab0e65f9a61243cb~mv2.gif]

He is a Red Zone threat, no doubt.  Also, to be fair....his meager stats could easily be attributed to the struggles at QB for the Noles over the last couple seasons.  The one thing I have always liked about him is his hands.  We'll see, but he's just never really stuck out to me during his time in the Garnet and Gold.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: He is a Red Zone threat, no doubt.  Also, to be fair....his meager stats could easily be attributed to the struggles at QB for the Noles over the last couple seasons.  The one thing I have always liked about him is his hands.  We'll see, but he's just never really stuck out to me during his time in the Garnet and Gold.

Exactly, he is a hands catcher and if you watch all his Alabama tape he makes a couple contested catches that are great displays of hand strength. Like I said to me it comes down to how much of a willing blocker he is. Down in the redzone you are going to get man coverage and if we can take Tate, Green and Eiffert and throw them out there you get a couple fade options along with Mixon and the running attack.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Exactly, he is a hands catcher and if you watch all his Alabama tape he makes a couple contested catches that are great displays of hand strength. Like I said to me it comes down to how much of a willing blocker he is. Down in the redzone you are going to get man coverage and if we can take Tate, Green and Eiffert and throw them out there you get a couple fade options along with Mixon and the running attack.

Good point sir.....maybe a TJ 2.0?  To be honest, I never really watched his blocking.  Maybe Yojimbo or bonesaw could add some insight here.  No doubt his hands are top notch.  Speed doesn't concern me a whole lot when it comes to a possession receiver.....which is what he would be suited for, IMO.  Maybe he surprises me and catches on.  It's hard to teach "hands", and he already has that covered.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 03:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good point sir.....maybe a TJ 2.0?  To be honest, I never really watched his blocking.  Maybe Yojimbo or bonesaw could add some insight here.  No doubt his hands are top notch.  Speed doesn't concern me a whole lot when it comes to a possession receiver.....which is what he would be suited for, IMO.  Maybe he surprises me and catches on.  It's hard to teach "hands", and he already has that covered.

I'd like to see him work a slant/fade combo. Learn to really body guys on the slant in man coverage but have a slant to fade move to go with it. IDK just kind of excites me when I turn on the tape, but it's a small sample size to be fair. 
Reply/Quote
Bates because the defensive backfield is my favorite thing to watch in the NFL
Reply/Quote
Malik the Freak. For a few reasons:

He gets free Pizzas and is giving them away

He was perhaps the highest rated LB in the Nation when he came out of High School, but struggled in the Charlie Strong Defense. Once Texas changed personnel he absolutely blew up. 110 tackles, 10 TFL, 4 sacks.

I mocked him in the 3rd round of the Dreaded Mock.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I was going to vote for Logan "Wolverine" Whiteside as a gag, but I see someone else already did. :frown:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote