Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who will step up?
Which player will step up and put the team on their shoulders?

Joe Mixon? a great game from a team captain could make the difference

Tyler Boyd? the most senior Bengal who has uncharacteristically been dropping passes this year. Jake needs sure hands

Ted Karras? team captain and acknowledged offensive line leader...will he get this group on the same page

Will it be someone on the defense who does more than expected?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The run game and dink and dunk football sounds about right. Mixon gets the game ball!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gimme Charlie Jones
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Irv Smith catches a td pass in the third quarter.
Reply/Quote
If only a backup running back.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Money Mac prevents the shut out with a FG.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Gunna have to be Mixon and the OL. Run game hasn't been good in too long. Well now they'll have to be, I think it's really the time to see if these guys have it or not.
Reply/Quote
Am I remembering right? Haven't a couple of Joe Mixon's good games come vs. the Steelers? It sure would be nice if he didn't drop like a rag doll on first contact today.

We can't throw the ball 55X vs. Watt and company.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 01:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Am I remembering right? Haven't a couple of Joe Mixon's good games come vs. the Steelers? It sure would be nice if he didn't drop like a rag doll on first contact today.

We can't throw the ball 55X vs. Watt and company.

Tanner Hudson on Offense and Jordan Battle on D for a coming out party.
and a Sidenote: I hope Jonah pancakes Watt several times today
Reply/Quote
So then... who stepped up?

Did anybody step up?

Will the real Slim Shady....
Reply/Quote
No one. This team is bad. 1OA pick without Burrow bad. A tough pill to swallow but here we are. In need of a rebuild/reboot as this roster and coaching just isn’t up to par with the rest of the league.

Perine bullying Browns show just how big of a blunder this last offseason was. Set the franchise back years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Jake really isn't it.

The game came down to 1, MAYBE 2 plays: the hold that was reversed (which was bullshit) and the big one, the pick.

That swung AT LEAST 10 points, we lost by 6.

If that hold holds up, who knows what happens.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The answer is the last word of the team chant: Nooooooobody!
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor missed the bell, it was his turn to step up and come out with an offensive game plan that the backup QB would be able to successfully execute. He failed miserably.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:33 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The answer is the last word of the team chant:  Nooooooobody!

In other words..Whodey gonna lose to dem Bengals?  Noooooooobody! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Is it just me or when Zac talks in post game pressers he looks almost exactly like The Annoying Orange mouth?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Zac Taylor missed the bell, it was his turn to step up and come out with an offensive game plan that the backup QB would be able to successfully execute.  He failed miserably.

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Zac Taylor missed the bell, it was his turn to step up and come out with an offensive game plan that the backup QB would be able to successfully execute.  He failed miserably.

Nail meet hammer

It couldn't have been any worse if they tried !! Why ZT doesn't realize he can run the ball, I have no clue?? 
Reply/Quote

Yep, we need a couple new Offensive minds here after the season who can game plan and use players to their strengths.

Taylor needs to step back from play calling. The way we didn't prepare for a hurt Burrow and get our running game up to par and the
way we didn't prepare for Jake Browning's first start was simply inexcusable. This is what good coaches do, they know how to prepare 
and adjust. I think Zac is good at adjusting at times, but the preparation is just plain bad. Have to also blame Callahan, but I don't think
he has much say, so hard to put blame on him.

This is why having too many minds or just simply the wrong ones just isn't the way to go.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:33 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The answer is the last word of the team chant:  Nooooooobody!

Disagree. Hilton had a great game.
Reply/Quote