Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaac Asiata, G/C from Utah
If the Bengals make it out of the mid rounds of the draft with guys like Asiata, Toth, or Moton from Western Michigan they will have done well. The interior o line is a mess, and needs quality upgrades. Help the line, draft some pass rushing help, nab a LB and RB, and this is a very successful draft.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree 100%, but it seems the Bengals are stubbornly going to stand by their guy Bodine.  It is more frightening that they are apparently going to do that with Ced Ogbuehi.  I don't see being able to convince them otherwise right now, so I focus on where our team can make the greatest improvements while still staying in line with their plan.  Call it a backup plan to their plan.  

Whether Asiata could win the Center position or becomes our RG of the future, either way, I see the team as improved.  

It will be very interesting to see what they do with Westerman in the preseason.  They put TJ Johnson at Center when Bodine was benched, and later started him at LG when Boling was finally shelved.  They obviously like him and they extended him two years, I believe.  Westerman might have just been on that rookie redshirt season and will get a real opportunity this year to push Andre Smith or (more likely) step in if he is injured. 

I just believe Asiata could help with RG, C, or even RT in the event that Fisher was injured.  Love the guy's versatility.  Love his strength and I want more of a Bobbie Williams at RG than a Kevin Zeitler.  

To me it is more frightening with the Bengals standing by Bodine who has no upside.

We have already saw what he can do, i doubt he gets better. Ogbuehi will get better, just how much is the question.

You are right, most likely the only way we see Westerman is if Andre gets injured which almost seems likely after seeing
how many games he has missed in his career. I hope for Westerman and the team's sake he is really working on playing
Center. If he became a good player for us there it would help us more than anything.

Would love Asiata as our future RG, dude is nasty in the run game and we haven't had that since Bobbie as you say.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 10:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, if he found himself at the second level so quickly that he's overextended, then he must have blown away his first target.

Wouldn't that be a sight for our RBs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 04:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Wouldn't that be a sight for our RBs.

Yes, indeed it would. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote