Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It HAS To Be RB Fournette or LB Foster
(04-09-2017, 01:27 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: If Minter balls out this year, he will be too expensive to re-sign.  Burfict is the Will, but he's also slow and not a true sideline to sideline LB.  Putting a true run and chase guy like Foster at Will and shifting Burfict over to the strong side would upgrade two spots, and would also give the option of playing both in nickel sets.  If Minter leaves after 2017, then the team can decide who plays Will and who plays the Mike.  All that aside, I still am intrigued by Reddick.

Burfict is slow when he is fat, like we all are.

He just needs to stay in shape this year.

Good ideas though, cause they all make sense. Burfict can play all the spots and seems ideal as a SAM backer
cause he is a great run stopper and blitzer. Reddick at WILL or SAM would be great for us, i just hope we do a
longer deal with Minter and sign him for a few years before the season starts.

This 1 year deal stuff isn't good for us if the guy is a stud which i believe he will be here behind this DL.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 01:27 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: If Minter balls out this year, he will be too expensive to re-sign.  Burfict is the Will, but he's also slow and not a true sideline to sideline LB.  Putting a true run and chase guy like Foster at Will and shifting Burfict over to the strong side would upgrade two spots, and would also give the option of playing both in nickel sets.  If Minter leaves after 2017, then the team can decide who plays Will and who plays the Mike.  All that aside, I still am intrigued by Reddick.

Minter didn't have a ton of suitors this year, and it's a stretch to say his market value will explode next year.  That's like saying we don't need a pass rusher because Wil Clarke is going to have a 10 sack year.

LB isn't a premium position in a 4-3, and we play nickel more than a base 4-3.  We've got two well paid starters, two 3rd rounders, and a well paid backup, and we're supposed to throw a Top 10 pick at the position, too?

What in the world makes Foster this can't miss prospect?  He's undersized, his instincts are terrible, has concussion and shoulder issues, and had a melt down at the combine after numerous poor interviews.  On top of it, he has 7 sacks, no picks, no forced fumbles, and no fumble recoveries in college.  He doesn't make enough big plays to justify a Top 10 pick, bottom line.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 04:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Minter didn't have a ton of suitors this year, and it's a stretch to say his market value will explode next year.  That's like saying we don't need a pass rusher because Wil Clarke is going to have a 10 sack year.

LB isn't a premium position in a 4-3, and we play nickel more than a base 4-3.  We've got two well paid starters, two 3rd rounders, and a well paid backup, and we're supposed to throw a Top 10 pick at the position, too?

What in the world makes Foster this can't miss prospect?  He's undersized, his instincts are terrible, has concussion and shoulder issues, and had a melt down at the combine after numerous poor interviews.  On top of it, he has 7 sacks, no picks, no forced fumbles, and no fumble recoveries in college.  He doesn't make enough big plays to justify a Top 10 pick, bottom line.  

All good points, nice post.

I would still sign Minter to a longer deal. Don't like this 1 year stuff.
Reply/Quote