Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Whoopi displays TDS in effort to deny TDS
More folks suffering from TDS;
https://nypost.com/2018/07/27/brawl-breaks-out-at-trumps-new-walk-of-fame-star/

Quote:A knock-down, drag-out brawl broke out on the Hollywood Walk of Fame between a group of protesters and some President Trump supporters — who were holding a makeshift rally around his new star after the old one got destroyed on Wednesday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-27-2018, 11:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: More folks suffering from TDS;
https://nypost.com/2018/07/27/brawl-breaks-out-at-trumps-new-walk-of-fame-star/

Right... I'm not so certain how you could take sides like that here though. Some Trump fan allegedly argues how he could use the n-word whenever he pleases. Then a brawl breaks out. Is there really only the TDS side to blame for that?

-- For sure, people should just leave his stupid star alone, I agree with that.
(07-30-2018, 09:13 AM)hollodero Wrote: Right... I'm not so certain how you could take sides like that here though. Some Trump fan allegedly argues how he could use the n-word whenever he pleases. Then a brawl breaks out. Is there really only the TDS side to blame for that?

-- For sure, people should just leave his stupid star alone, I agree with that.

It's how Trump and his supporters can play the victim card.  They are rude and "non-pc".  They call names and belittle anyone who disagrees.  Then, when someone speaks up to them they claim the "left is intolerant".  They they cry about people yelling at them, or riaising a hand when they are deliberately aggressive themselves.

Violence is never the right answer.

Whining about your behavior getting you responded to is just as stupid.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-30-2018, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's how Trump and his supporters can play the victim card.

Sure that's happening in instances, but I don't think it's the general motivation. The whole "TDS movement" is rather about showing one side to be out of their minds, hyperbolic, hysterical, irrational, emotional... and being in contrast to that means being rational and objective.
In that sense, I rather see it as a self-convincing tactic.

And not an ineffective one. Being accused of being some kind of deranged and mentally challenged throws people off their rails a bit, might result in an angry response, which might lead to further confirmation for the accuser that he is right.
And your political discourse to a large extent really isn't more sophisticated than that.

(07-30-2018, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Violence is never the right answer.

No it is not. When throwing around the n-word, however, one kind of had it coming nonetheless.
(07-30-2018, 10:06 AM)hollodero Wrote: Sure that's happening in instances, but I don't think it's the general motivation. The whole "TDS movement" is rather about showing one side to be out of their minds, hyperbolic, hysterical, irrational, emotional... and being in contrast to that means being rational and objective.
In that sense, I rather see it as a self-convincing tactic.

And not an ineffective one. Being accused of being some kind of deranged and mentally challenged throws people off their rails a bit, might result in an angry response, which might lead to further confirmation for the accuser that he is right.
And your political discourse to a large extent really isn't more sophisticated than that.

No it is not. When throwing around the n-word, however, one kind of had it coming nonetheless.

If your only defense against criticism of an agenda you support is to accuse the critics of being deranged, it's likely that the agenda you support is indefensible. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Fox News Headline.

"DONALD TRUMP SHOOTS MAN IN MIDDLE OF FIFTH AVENUE.  TRIGGERS 'TDS' HYSTERIA IN LIBERAL MEDIA."