Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whos going to be our next coach?
Our offense is hard to stop with Burrow. Its sounding like Burrow may miss all of next year too. Id like to bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back and fill in til Burrow is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Our offense is hard to stop with Burrow. Its sounding like Burrow may miss all of next year too. Id like to bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back and fill in til Burrow is healthy.

No it’s doesn’t.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Our offense is hard to stop with Burrow. Its sounding like Burrow may miss all of next year too. Id like to bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back and fill in til Burrow is healthy.

We improved in offense especially in yards from last year but still not that great.. we did not score many TDs (Burrow only had 7 passing TDs in 8 of the games played.. 6 Tds in the two Browns games)  and we are still  just 20 to 22 place in scoring.... so we have plenty of room for improvement  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it’s doesn’t.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is that possibility... if he is out 12 months (reports range from 9 to 12) .. how many hurt players have we seen not come back in the minimum time frame.. then he has to play himself into playing shape etc.. so now you are talking maybe not till Dec. of next year sometime.. I would consider that pretty much out for the year
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: There is that possibility... if he is out 12 months (reports range from 9 to 12) .. how many hurt players have we seen not come back in the minimum time frame.. then he has to play himself into playing shape etc.. so now you are talking maybe not till Dec. of next year sometime.. I would consider that pretty much out for the year

Total speculation on your part. Dehner is a reputable source, and he’s projecting around 9 months. I’ll go with him over a random guy from a message board.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Total speculation on your part. Dehner is a reputable source, and he’s projecting around 9 months. I’ll go with him over a random guy from a message board.

I have heard sources all day talk about 9 to 12 months..  I have noticed Dehner being wrong a few times in the past... Adam Schefter is also a reputable source in the league... Bengals Plan A needs to be find a QB for a year.. and hope Joe comes back next year to replace that person.. I remember advocating for a veteran QB this year and many on the board said don;t waste $$ .. now we are in that position. 

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cincinnati-bengals/adam-schefter-details-joe-burrow-recovery-timeline
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Total speculation on your part. Dehner is a reputable source, and he’s projecting around 9 months. I’ll go with him over a random guy from a message board.

Well, they're still not done evaluating that knee, but if that knee has other structural damage like a meniscus among other things it's very easily possible to miss all of next year or most of it.

They have a couple of certified doctors who do sport injury reports on YouTube, writers medical articles and such that have said as much. Such as the link below.

https://youtu.be/HsRO2QdUaqQ
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I do think Burrow has influence and if he continues to talk highly of Taylor and the system in place Taylor stays..2 years of draft picks out of Jordan are looking good that helps him. He will be give 3 years to improve team

Baker Mayfield spoke highly of Freddy Kitchens, too.  Does Joe seem like a guy that's going to throw his coach, or anyone else for that matter under the bus?  

If they got a new coach, Burrow would almost assuredly back him, too.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This ^^^

But if we do happen to move on from him, I'd like to remind everyone that the Brown family prefers to work from within.  So our next Head Coach will be....

....Lou Anarumo!

The pain i just felt reading this...i thought my appendix had exploded.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:55 AM)kevin Wrote: I will go on record as saying that I would NOT change Bengals coaches over this 2020 Covid Season.  I would point out that 2020 itself has been one ducked up year.  Whoever heard of starting baseball in August or The Kentucky Derby or The Masters in late Fall.  Can any of you say your lives stayed the same in 2020 ???....

Now many will say all the other teams played in 2020 Covid season.  I agree on that.  However not all teams are in a major Rebuild after Coach Lewis fired after awful 2017 and 2018 seasons.  I say we could NOT expect Coach Taylor to win in 2019.  I further say his 2nd season of 2020 Covid and no preseason and limited practices and no fans in stands is something USA has never went through.  So I go on record here as saying Coach Taylor or any coach would need more than 2019 and Covid 2020 to Rebuild The Last Place Bengals of 2018. 

So many of you will not agree.  Many of you always think firing the coach or quarterback is the answer every year.  I will take the opposite side, and say it would be foolish to change coaches after 2019 and Covid 2020.  Coach Taylor needs more of a chance to Rebuild this team than that.  I'll tell you something else.  Paul Brown in 1968 said not to expect a winning team for at least 5 years.  I feel the awful 2018 team certainly needed more than 2 years.  

I think maybe we could have won a couple more games with Burrow, but he is OUT now, so is Mixon.  I myself can't wait for 2020 Covid year to end with medicine coming. 2020 was the worst year in USA I've ever seen.  Bring on 2021.   As for Bengals, I would NOT fire the coaches, I would want to see them back in 2021.  There is the temptation to bring Eric Bieniemy back to Cincy, but is he that good, or is Andy Reid, Kelce, Hill, Mahomes just that good.  Nope, I would stick with Coach Taylor one more year for the reasons I have stated.  

Plus, eating a coaches contract and hiring another takes money, and money is something empty Covid seat Bengals owners are busy trying not to go bankrupt on.  Just bring back Zac in 2021.   You can't Blow It Up and Start Over every year, that is NOT a good plan for success. 

Um... 2020 has not been any more ducked up than any other year. My life changes every year just like yours does. It's also laughable to call Marvin's last 2 seasons terrible when comparing them to Zac Taylor's 2 seasons. Excuses excuses... Is Zac Taylor a HC or not? It's a rhetorical question. I know the answer. Every team had limited practice, no preseason, and no fans in the seats (what's that got to do with anything?). Taylor needs canned. The sooner the better. Unless you enjoy watching ineptitude. If so... You're gonna love the rest of the season.

Quoting Paul Brown from 1968 is silly too. The game and the league aren't remotely the same. Paul Brown got to own players like chattel. Burrow's on a rookie contract, and this first year is pretty much wasted. You build a contender nowadays while your most expensive price is playing on the cheap... Five years? Lol.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have heard sources all day talk about 9 to 12 months..  I have noticed Dehner being wrong a few times in the past... Adam Schefter is also a reputable source in the league... Bengals Plan A needs to be find a QB for a year.. and hope Joe comes back next year to replace that person.. I remember advocating for a veteran QB this year and many on the board said don;t waste $$ .. now we are in that position. 

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cincinnati-bengals/adam-schefter-details-joe-burrow-recovery-timeline

Bengals Plan A B and C needs to be putting together a stout offensive line no matter the cost that is capable of protecting Joe when he does return.
Reply/Quote

I have been hearing the same thing. Earlier today I was hearing 9 month then tonight closer to 12 months as he has structural damage and possible PCL tear as well. They were also talking about it on Monday Night Football. This is just heart breaking for the kid.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:06 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I have been hearing the same thing. Earlier today I was hearing 9 month then tonight closer to 12 months as he has structural damage and possible PCL tear as well. They were also talking about it on Monday Night Football. This is just heart breaking for the kid.

It was heartbreaking for him from the second he was drafted by this clown show.

Reply/Quote
I'm hearing all off 2021 too.. He has to have reconstructive surgery.. This was a serious , serious injury.. I hate Zack Taylor so much right now. 99% of bengals or nfl fans in general hate him. They can't bring him back.. They just can't.. Not even just the Burrow injury.  The dude totally sucks.. The sooner he is gone, the better..

I would like to see Joe Brady or Rex Ryan take over...
Reply/Quote
I highly doubt it will be all next year. Worst case scenario 12 months, which would still have him back in the middle of the season.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I highly doubt it will be all next year. Worst case scenario 12 months, which would still have him back in the middle of the season.

I hope so bro... Man , this whole situation sucks.. I just have a feeling its gonna cave now.. We are gonna see how bad of a team and how bad this coach really is.. I've been watching doctors videos on joe and his injury and they all say all of 21 too... It could be months before surgery.  The swelling needs to go down. He has alot of damage.  It wasn't a clean tear...
Reply/Quote