Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The worst thing to happen to the Bengals was...
Having 2 great drafts with Green/Dalton/Boling and Dunlap/Atkins in a row. Finding 2 potential HOFers and 4 Pro Bowl players let the franchise think that no front office changes were needed.

We need more scouts. It's unfair to have the coaches scouting in addition to gameplanning and coaching.

We need a GM.

Those 2 drafts were luck as the past drafts have shown.

The NFL implementing revenue sharing also hurt us the fans as it gives the Bengals no incentive to spend to field a highly competitive team.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Having 2 great drafts with Green/Dalton/Bodine and Dunlap/Atkins in a row. Finding 2 potential HOFers and 4 Pro Bowl players let the franchise think that no front office changes were needed.

We need more scouts. It's unfair to have the coaches scouting in addition to gameplanning and coaching.

We need a GM.

The NFL implementing revenue sharing also hurt us the fans as it gives the Bengals no incentive to spend to field a highly competitive team.

We've had some great drafts here and there.  We also had some drafts that didn't pan out not because of talent, but because of off field issues and injuries.  

Reality is, we aren't getting a GM until Mike Brown dies, and we aren't getting an expanded scouting department until we get a GM.  

If there wasn't revenue sharing, the small market teams would have no way to compete. The Bengals had revenue of $355 million last year, and over $240 mil of that was from league revenue sharing.  They would have to move to a larger or bigger spending market to compete.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bodine?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: We've had some great drafts here and there.  We also had some drafts that didn't pan out not because of talent, but because of off field issues and injuries.  

Reality is, we aren't getting a GM until Mike Brown dies, and we aren't getting an expanded scouting department until we get a GM.  

If there wasn't revenue sharing, the small market teams would have no way to compete. The Bengals had revenue of $355 million last year, and over $240 mil of that was from league revenue sharing.  They would have to move to a larger or bigger spending market to compete.

We've had 2 great drafts. Most of our drafts are average.

A draft that doesn't pan out because of off-the-field issues is still a bad draft. The Bengals were constantly trying to take shortcuts. Get that 1st Round talent in the 3rd Round because no one else would tolerate the risk.

Would small market teams fail? I think it would put a premium on doing things right like hiring scouts and competing to keep fans happy.

Pittsburgh isn't that much larger of a city than Cincy and they won Super Bowls before revenue sharing. Green Bay is a smaller market too.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Bodine?

I'm sure he meant someone else. Bodine wasn't taken in that draft and he's awful.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Bodine?

I meant Boling.
Reply/Quote
Hard to say when the coaching staff is lead by a low energy shitbag assclown surrounded by a lot of complacent family friends.

Marvin should have zero say. Piano man should have zero say. Give Tobin a true pro talent evaluator to work side by side with and we may be alright there.

#1 issue is coaching
Reply/Quote
You know...It's really tough to keep talking about the same crap for years on end. Most (at least some) of us have seen the problems coming months or years in advance.

I called for Marv to be fired years ago.
Wanted PA gone years ago (especially after last year)
Didn't like the Zampese hire.
Hated going into the season with no insurance or upgrade for Og, Fisher, Bodine

It's like knowing a train wreck is coming years in advance, but the conductor is a complete moron, so no one can stop it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
...the death of Paul Brown. Cincinnati hasn’t won a playoff game since he passed.
Reply/Quote
Im starting to like players like AJ and Geno more then the actual team itself to the point where i'd like to see them traded to a team that actually has a shot at winning a title.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 05:16 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im starting to like players like AJ and Geno more then the actual team itself to the point where i'd like to see them traded to a team that actually has a shot at winning a title.

I would include Andy Dalton in this list because when the Bengals had even a mediocre offensive line, he shredded defenses all over the league. I bet the Front Offices in Arizona and Green Bay are ringing Mike Brown’s rotary dial phone off the hook right now. Can you imagine how good Dalton would be with those teams?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know...It's really tough to keep talking about the same crap for years on end. Most (at least some) of us have seen the problems coming months or years in advance.

I called for Marv to be fired years ago.
Wanted PA gone years ago (especially after last year)
Didn't like the Zampese hire.
Hated going into the season with no insurance or upgrade for Og, Fisher, Bodine

It's like knowing a train wreck is coming years in advance, but the conductor is a complete moron, so no one can stop it.

That is true, many of us predicted how the season would go.  I can't believe that anyone is seriously surprised with how the season is going?  The saddest part is, the only one who can really be pointed to for blame is the money man in charge.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Having 2 great drafts with Green/Dalton/Boling and Dunlap/Atkins in a row. Finding 2 potential HOFers and 4 Pro Bowl players let the franchise think that no front office changes were needed.

We need a GM.

So again the worst thing to happen in Bengals 50 year history is Ohio Football Legend Paul Brown dying and his family of non football lawyers take over in 1991. .....and actually it's the Reds who suffer in the Money Ball of MLB......The NFL revenue sharing gives Bengals as much chance as any team.  In fact the NFL is set up so no team goes decades without a play-off win.  It takes a non football family of lawyers to pull that off. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote