Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Blame the EPA?
I dont get it. Did they put the tainted water in the mines? No

Its like blaming the babysitter for a baby's overflowing shitty diaper when a cheap old diaper the parents put on didnt do the job. It was not their mess. But everybody wants to blame them because a clean up went wrong. Who are we going to blame for all the other shit filled mines waiting to poison even more water? The people trying to clean up the mess? What if they are already leaking on their own?

"EPA officials pointed out that the mine plug already was leaking and could have eventually blown out anyway, and the Interior report acknowledged that was possible."

Got a group that wants to cut EPA funding. But when they try to clean up environmental disasters, if anything goes wrong even though the need for a cleanup had nothing to do with them, anything that goes wrong is their fault. If it wasnt the EPA, who is cleaning up the mess in the first place?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/23/watchdog-report-says-epa-team-caused-toxic-colorado-mine-spill.html

Quote was from that article
(02-12-2016, 02:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I dont get it. Did they put the tainted water in the mines? No

Its like blaming the babysitter for a baby's overflowing shitty diaper when a cheap old diaper the parents put on didnt do the job. It was not their mess. But everybody wants to blame them because a clean up went wrong. Who are we going to blame for all the other shit filled mines waiting to poison even more water? The people trying to clean up the mess? What if they are already leaking on their own?

"EPA officials pointed out that the mine plug already was leaking and could have eventually blown out anyway, and the Interior report acknowledged that was possible."

Got a group that wants to cut EPA funding. But when they try to clean up environmental disasters, if anything goes wrong even though the need for a cleanup had nothing to do with them, anything that goes wrong is their fault. If it wasnt the EPA, who is cleaning up the mess in the first place?

Classic GOP mindset:  Cut the budget and complain when they agency can't do its job and point out that government doesn't work so you need to cut their budget.  Then collect the lobbyist's checks.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-12-2016, 08:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Classic GOP mindset:  Cut the budget and complain when they agency can't do its job and point out that government doesn't work so you need to cut their budget.  Then collect the lobbyist's checks.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

that's pretty much the mo. EPA, immigration, healthcare.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]