Why Can't This Organization Call Duke The GM? Its Time
Tiger

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:18 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

mike browns ego
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:20 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: mike browns ego

Mike Brown's contract.  LOL

Seriously, didn't it come out a few years ago that he paid himself a bonus/salary as GM.  If they call Duke GM, they'd probably have to give him that money. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:20 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: mike browns ego

Tiger

Although you may be right to a certain extent but in 2022 he's the front man for this organization whether its the draft or whatever. Even if the man wants to stay low key in his official title the other owners are watching and will offer him a lucrative deal to leave. I believe that ML was a big part in his success as far as putting a roster together and being a talent evaluator. I hated Duke at first but you DO have to plant the seeds before the flowers grow. Even in your own life.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:32 PM)BRM13 Wrote: Mike Brown's contract.  LOL

Seriously, didn't it come out a few years ago that he paid himself a bonus/salary as GM.  If they call Duke GM, they'd probably have to give him that money. 

Tiger

I'm telling the nation now that there will certainly be owners that will pay top dollars for his services after this season.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:37 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Although you may be right to a certain extent but in 2022 he's the front man for this organization whether its the draft or whatever. Even if the man wants to stay low key in his official title the other owners are watching and will offer him a lucrative deal to leave. I believe that ML was a big part in his success as far as putting a roster together and being a talent evaluator. I hated Duke at first but you DO have to plant the seeds before the flowers grow. Even in your own life.

(06-20-2022, 09:48 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I'm telling the nation now that there will certainly be owners that will pay top dollars for his services after this season.

He's probably had requests for intervews and he's been with the Bengals for 20 some-odd years. He's a lifer as long as he doesn't screw up for a period of time (similar to Merv).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
People find the weirdest shit to get upset over.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown has final say
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TigerPeople find the weirdest shit to get upset over.

Tiger

Are you talking about me individually sir ? I don't see any reason why this thread is weird if this guy has been a punching bag on blogs for years and has now built a SB roster. So why is this weirdo to highlight that. Explain with all due respect because this thread isn't about me. Ok
Reply/Quote
Like Rfaulk pointed out he has had multiple chances to leave and hasn't.

Either Mike and the Family have naked photos of him with Whodey or He is the GM and treated like one.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We just went to the Super Bowl and most likely have a good chance at playoff success this season.

At this point in time if they wanna call Duke the water boy, MB the janitor, and katie Cinderella, I'm good. Joe
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:18 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

If duke doesnt care why do you.
Reply/Quote
He's literally the GM without the "GM" title. Who cares what his title exactly is?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
His dad works for the Bengals, I doubt he's leaving any time soon. Plus, some people find their place and decide the grass isn't always greener. If he doesn't care, no one else should.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:32 PM)BRM13 Wrote: Mike Brown's contract.  LOL

Mike Brown is the owner, he can pay himself anything he wants to regardless of titles. And I'd venture to guess Duke's pay is in the same range as any other GM. The Bengals just have a structure that does not have that title in the hierarchy. 
Reply/Quote
Duke probably likes it this way. He is obviously getting paid well enough to keep him from leaving, but if things go badly he can just say "Don't blame me. I'm not the GM."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 08:24 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We just went to the Super Bowl and most likely have a good chance at playoff success this season.

At this point in time if they wanna call Duke the water boy, MB the janitor, and katie Cinderella, I'm good. Joe

"Duke, the same guy everyone hated until they loved him.. and no, he's not a Hollywood cowboy actor or even a big band leader."  I bet he's accept that title..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 08:24 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We just went to the Super Bowl and most likely have a good chance at playoff success this season.

(06-21-2022, 09:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If duke doesnt care why do you.

What these guy's said. Cool
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

I was about to bring this up. Beat me to it lol
Reply/Quote