Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Don't We Use Our Other TEs In Red Zone?
I know that they're not as good as Eifert, but Kroft and Uzomah are pretty damn good and big targets, like Eifert (they're actually two inches taller), so why are we not using them more?

Specifically, why aren't we using them more in the red zone? Everyone complains about the red zone offense (as did I), so why aren't we using our tight ends more down there?
If Uzomah was so good he would have more targets and catches, Andy is an equal opportunity guy for being open and talent, so I'm not drinking the Uzomah Kool-Aide just yet.
Because they aren't good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
In the Dolphins game Dalton threw a pass across the middle to Gio on third down. Uzomah was wide open in the corner of the end zone on that play. Dalton just didn't look his way. For all I know, the play could have been designed for Gio the entire time. Beyond that, Eifert is simply on a different level than the other TE's we have. Can't simply plug them in and expect the same production.
because all plays that work are immediately torn from the playbook and set on fire
New personnel
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
I hope Tyler Boyd has a breakout week! We need him to grow up fast if Eifert is going to be out for longer than this week!! Fingers crossed he is back for when we go to Foxboro.
I think its cause of the dropped passes from Uzomah, Kroft coming off injury and the fact Hewitt is our H-back
and we run better with him there. Dalton needs to get some more trust in Uzomah and Kroft, most all of what
Kroft did last year was with McCarron.
No idea where Kroft disappeared to. Uzomah has been a disaster as a pass catcher (shades of Dan Coats).
(10-05-2016, 06:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: No idea where Kroft disappeared to. Uzomah has been a disaster as a pass catcher (shades of Dan Coats).

I'm sorry, I'm starting to get a bit tired of this nonsense.

Ceej has had *2* drops that were his fault, 2.

Sure, on about... 3 others, he could've caught the throws, but they were poorly thrown and hell, AJ drops them half the time as well.

That being said, I noticed immediately in the Miami game (on one of the drops that was his fault), he catches with his ARMS a lot, instead of his hands or even letting it get to his body; its weird, on crossing or seam routes, he lets the ball hit his arms instead of his hands or into his body and that is a big issue. Makes me think its a hand-eye coordination issue, as opposed as just not being to catch.

Regardless, if Eifert is out on Sunday, I will thoroughly enjoy all of the massive crow you people will be eating. Just a heads up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(10-05-2016, 07:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm sorry, I'm starting to get a bit tired of this nonsense.

Ceej has had *2* drops that were his fault, 2.

Sure, on about... 3 others, he could've caught the throws, but they were poorly thrown and hell, AJ drops them half the time as well.

That being said, I noticed immediately in the Miami game (on one of the drops that was his fault), he catches with his ARMS a lot, instead of his hands or even letting it get to his body; its weird, on crossing or seam routes, he lets the ball hit his arms instead of his hands or into his body and that is a big issue. Makes me think its a hand-eye coordination issue, as opposed as just not being to catch.

Regardless, if Eifert is out on Sunday, I will thoroughly enjoy all of the massive crow you people will be eating. Just a heads up.

THIS! The thjing I am wondering is why in the hell is he even in the NFL?

(10-05-2016, 06:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think its cause of the dropped passes from Uzomah, Kroft coming off injury and the fact Hewitt is our H-back
and we run better with him there. Dalton needs to get some more trust in Uzomah and Kroft, most all of what
Kroft did last year was with McCarron.

Kroft had a "totally no big deal" knee injury over 2 months ago.  Eventually even our TE's have to get over these injuries.  

EDIT: Ah, I see who made this thread. I'm not picking on you, but you seem to have an irrational notion that putting a tall guy on offense is going to blow the NFL wide open. Every team has a tall TE, but being 6'7 doesn't make you uncoverable.
(10-05-2016, 07:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Kroft had a "totally no big deal" knee injury over 2 months ago.  Eventually even our TE's have to get over these injuries.  

EDIT:  Ah, I see who made this thread.  I'm not picking on you, but you seem to have an irrational notion that putting a tall guy on offense is going to blow the NFL wide open.  Every team has a tall TE, but being 6'7 doesn't make you uncoverable.
Edit:  Ah, one of your stupid personal attacks.

Nice on exaggerating and saying that I think a tall guy in the NFL automatically makes them an NFL Hall of Famer.

Typical, but it's getting annoying at this point because it's every thread.

Being an athletic 6'7 player with athleticism, coordination, natural football ability, good hands, and a vertical leap makes you pretty damn uncoverable, especially in the red zone where you can throw balls high.  And they're also good receivers, so it's not like they can just find some 6'7 scrub off the street and say "oh, start at tight end for us and we'll be good!"  

I take it from the stupidity and personal attacks in that post that you're unaware of this, but the typical defender in a defensive backfield is short with NFL backers averaging height of 6 feet tall, and add in that their bulky shoulder pads don't allow them to extend, coupled with Kroft and Uzomah's height and athleticism, and you have our tight ends winning every jump ball or even a ball thrown at a reasonable height.

Watch this highlight tape and the FIRST PLAY shows him catching a ball high over the middle where the defense can't get it, or the play at 2:56 where the ball is thrown high and he just reaches over two defensive backs.

Also, I said in the red zone, where they'd be single covered (that highlight film shows that he can double coverage doesn't really work, either, when the balls are high like I said) and no one would be able to get a running start to run and make a jumping play on it.

He can-out jump corners and safeties, too, especially in the red zone, for the same reason I listed above, but also because the tight end can overpower them to get position.   

You should really stop the personal attacks because you end up looking stupid, or you could try and counter any of that.

(Edit: I also doubt that you didn't see I made the thread before you posted, making it even a more obvious fail at a personal attack.)
(10-05-2016, 06:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: No idea where Kroft disappeared to. Uzomah has been a disaster as a pass catcher (shades of Dan Coats).

Don't you say that name around here! 

[Image: f654a6fea22a7a47233414f74edc721f.jpg]
(10-05-2016, 08:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Edit:  Ah, one of your stupid personal attacks.

Nice on exaggerating and saying that I think a tall guy in the NFL automatically makes them an NFL Hall of Famer.

Typical, but it's getting annoying at this point because it's every thread.

Being an athletic 6'7 player with athleticism, coordination, natural football ability, good hands, and a vertical leap makes you pretty damn uncoverable, especially in the red zone where you can throw balls high.  And they're also good receivers, so it's not like they can just find some 6'7 scrub off the street and say "oh, start at tight end for us and we'll be good!"  

I take it from the stupidity and personal attacks in that post that you're unaware of this, but the typical defender in a defensive backfield is short with NFL backers averaging height of 6 feet tall, and add in that their bulky shoulder pads don't allow them to extend, coupled with Kroft and Uzomah's height and athleticism, and you have our tight ends winning every jump ball or even a ball thrown at a reasonable height.

Watch this highlight tape and the FIRST PLAY shows him catching a ball high over the middle where the defense can't get it, or the play at 2:56 where the ball is thrown high and he just reaches over two defensive backs.

Also, I said in the red zone, where they'd be single covered (that highlight film shows that he can double coverage doesn't really work, either, when the balls are high like I said) and no one would be able to get a running start to run and make a jumping play on it.

He can-out jump corners and safeties, too, especially in the red zone, for the same reason I listed above, but also because the tight end can overpower them to get position.   

You should really stop the personal attacks because you end up looking stupid, or you could try and counter any of that.

(Edit: I also doubt that you didn't see I made the thread before you posted, making it even a more obvious fail at a personal attack.)

Oy, two things I can count on when I argue with you:

#1 - you will declare that I am making personal attacks against you whenever I rebut your points
#2 - you will declare at least one person who is doing absolutely nothing on the NFL field to be "uncoverable" OR he WOULD be uncoverable if those dumbass NFL coaches and GMs would just listen to you instead of insisting on failing like they do
(let's make it 3)
#3 - you will tell me that I am making myself look stupid

Hey, on a side note has your football boner for Rashaun Simonize gone down yet or should we contact a physician immediately?
(10-05-2016, 09:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, two things I can count on when I argue with you:

#1 - you will declare that I am making personal attacks against you whenever I rebut your points
#2 - you will declare at least one person who is doing absolutely nothing on the NFL field to be "uncoverable"
(let's make it 3)

Hey, on a side note has your football boner for Rashaun Simonize gone down yet or should we contact a physician immediately?

#1  You have made personal attacks in other threads, including ones on this very subject, where you say "every team should just get a tall tight end and become the best team in history!"  Take that bullshit somewhere else.  I'm not stupid enough to forget how you are.

#2  I pointed out how it would be impossible to stop IN THE RED ZONE, which I point out how and you offer no rebuttal.

#3  You do make yourself look stupid by engaging in personal attacks and not addressing anything that has any relevance to what I actually posted.

Hey, I pointed out months ago that the Simonize thing didn't work out like I had thought, but keep grasping at straws.  You're terrible at debates and even more terrible at the personal attacks that are aimed at covering up that you're terrible at debates.

ThumbsUp
(10-05-2016, 09:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, two things I can count on when I argue with you:

#2 - you will declare at least one person who is doing absolutely nothing on the NFL field to be "uncoverable" OR he WOULD be uncoverable if those dumbass NFL coaches and GMs would just listen to you instead of insisting on failing like they do
(let's make it 3)

#4  I even posted a video that showed EXACT examples of what I meant, and you can't counter it in any way whatsoever, besides for personal attacks.
(10-05-2016, 09:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: #1  You have made personal attacks in other threads, including ones on this very subject, where you say "every team should just get a tall tight end and become the best team in history!"  Take that bullshit somewhere else.  I'm not stupid enough to forget how you are.

#2  I pointed out how it would be impossible to stop IN THE RED ZONE, which I point out how and you offer no rebuttal.

#3  You do make yourself look stupid by engaging in personal attacks and not addressing anything that has any relevance to what I actually posted.

Hey, I pointed out months ago that the Simonize thing didn't work out like I had thought, but keep grasping at straws.  You're terrible at debates and even more terrible at the personal attacks that are aimed at covering up that you're terrible at debates.

ThumbsUp

Is this a debate?  It seems like the process goes as follows:

1. you make a thread wondering why some tall/fast guy isn't the center of our offense
2. everyone disagrees with you
3. I disagree with you and accuse you of being a real "Al Davis" when it comes to getting blinded by size/speed/highlight reels
4. you proceed to point out how I'm attacking you and I'm a moron and I'm wrong
5. the guys you talk up continue to do nothing in the NFL, but it's ok because you admit it eventually

Sooooo even when I'm right and you are wrong you use that as a means to pat yourself on the back (for eventually admitting it) and further criticize me.

You know what, screw it, you ARE a good debater because the absolute insane moxie you show is infectious.  Kroft and Uzomah are red zone gold.  They are 6 inches taller than cornerbacks and as soon as Zampese learns what a junior-high level endzone fade is this team is going to be polishing lombardis.

(10-05-2016, 09:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: #4  I even posted a video that showed EXACT examples of what I meant, and you can't counter it in any way whatsoever, besides for personal attacks.

I hate to break it to you, but years old college-level highlight reels don't trump this week's NFL tape. I will admit that this reel is more impressive than the one of Simonize running around in Canada being all fast and tall and stuff.
Here we go again. Popcorn
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(10-05-2016, 09:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this a debate?  It seems like the process goes as follows:

1. you make a thread wondering why some tall/fast guy isn't the center of our offense
2. everyone disagrees with you
3. I disagree with you and accuse you of being a real "Al Davis" when it comes to getting blinded by size/speed/highlight reels
4. you proceed to point out how I'm attacking you and I'm a moron and I'm wrong
5. the guys you talk up continue to do nothing in the NFL, but it's ok because you admit it eventually

Sooooo even when I'm right and you are wrong you use that as a means to pat yourself on the back (for eventually admitting it) and further criticize me.

You know what, screw it, you ARE a good debater because the absolute insane moxie you show is infectious.  Kroft and Uzomah are red zone gold.  They are 6 inches taller than cornerbacks and as soon as Zampese learns what a junior-high level endzone fade is this team is going to be polishing lombardis.

I hate to break it to you, but years old college-level highlight reels don't trump this week's NFL tape.  I will admit that this reel is more impressive than the one of Simonize running around in Canada being all fast and tall and stuff.

#1  When did I say he should be the center of our offense?!  WHEN?!  STOP MAKING SHIT UP!  I said "IF HE PANS OUT," it would be impossible to stop him and AJ on long balls.

Do you really think I'm not going to call you out on the bullshit you throw out?!

#2  We're not talking about that thread, we're talking about this one, which not everyone disagrees, there has just been a variance of answers (dropped passes, Andy not looking their way, coming off injury, etc.).  

Once again, you throw out complete bullhshit which is easily pointed out to be wrong.  

#3  You fail to show how I was wrong in ANY OF THAT ANALYSIS, which is typical of you.....  "it is so because I say so!"

ThumbsUp

Bullshit with no substance.

#4  I didn't call you a moron, that's what you do to me, I just offer rebuttals which you can't do because you just throw out empty rhetoric.

#5  We haven't used them like I said we should.  Where did I ever say anything about anyone like that besides for Simonise, which you said "guys," which is plural because you don't think I'll call you out on your empty rhetoric.

Then it's just more empty rhetoric and bullshit personal attacks that make it seem like I'm posting bullshit when you're the one who can't back-up any of your claims.