Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Worst Case Scenario Players Off The Board
Name the 8 players you would hate to see taken before our pick at 9 and why.

1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. Fournette
4. Hooker
5. Adams
6. OJ Howard
7. Allen
8. Barnett

Our options at 9.

1. Taco- I think this guy is highly overrated. Would hate to use the 9th pick on him.

2. Cam Robinson- I know we have no idea how our line will be with OG and Fisher. I would hate to use another first round pick and a top 10 at that on another OT. Also was arrested last year on gun and marijuana charges. Mayock thinks he best suited as a Guard.

3. Lattimore- Same as above. Might be tempting for the Bengals having the top CB on the board.

4. Foster- Everyone knows about the Combine but the thing that worries me about him is his style of play. Will he be another Burfict drawing constant flags from the refs leading with his helmet. Will he be dependable or just another talent who spends more games suspended than starting.

5. Cook- Hamstring issues, ball security issues. 3 shoulder operations since high school. History of run ins with the law.

6. M.Williams- Im not going to try to nit pick for reasons why we shouldnt take Williams. Im just not a fan of taking a WR this year with the 9th pick.

Im sure there are plenty of other options on the Bengals big board. But if the first 8 picks went this way, which I really dont see happening, I still think someone will reach for a QB and maybe a OL so we should get a pretty good player. If not I would hope we find a team to trade back with.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with how this would play out honestly. I do want Corey Davis in the first. Just seems like the best pick at the best time. My latest fanspeak mock had trubisky and Watson amen in the top 8, and Solomon Thomas being on the board when we pick. That would be a dream.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe even in this order

Hooker
Fournette
Ross
Davis
Howard
Foster
Thomas
Reddick

I left some guys off the list just because I have no illusions that they'll be there at 9. Some of names on my list are probably illusions, too.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't it be just terrible if Taco was the "sack giraffe" of this class and they didn't take him?  I realize that that isn't a good enough reason alone to draft somebody, but after years of searching for that lanky bookend to inherit MJ's spot wouldn't it just STING to watch him pan out for another team?  The guy is graded as a first rounder over the rest of the dudes in this deep DE class for a reason.  

As for worst case scenario, I guess if the board fell to the point where a CB or TE was deemed the best option at 9.  They're deep at CB right now and TE is a position that is super injury prone + the current OC doesn't seem to know how best to use them.  Robinson or one of the bona-fide first round DEs wouldn't disappoint me and is kind of what I'm hoping for.
Reply/Quote
In the OP scenario I think we are in a perfect trade position for someone to come up in front of Cleveland to get a QB, or come up in front of NO to get Lattimore.
Reply/Quote
Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Adams
Hooker
Reddick
Ross
Fournette
Howard
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797538/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-40-no-early-qbs-no-deshaun-watson

This was interesting because Allen and Adams were there. I'd be very happy with either of these guys at 9. I think a WR or QB going ahead of us is key for us to get one of the guys most people want.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 11:58 AM)Whatever Wrote: Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Adams
Hooker
Reddick
Ross
Fournette
Howard

That would quite possibly be worse case scenario for me. I would run up the podium with Fosters or Lattimore's name if I was the Bengals at that point though. 
Reply/Quote
I'll just say I will not be happy if we grab Lattimore, Hooker or Robinson.

On the fence about Foster.
Reply/Quote
I would hate to see Thomas, Hooker, and LF.  These three would hurt the most if drafted before 9th position.  I am already assuming Garrett will be gone.  I keep changing my mind on Foster.  Even though the Bengals have Minter, I still like the idea of Foster-Minter-Burfict on the field same time.  Especially if they grab DE in round 2. 

I am also on the fence regarding Howard.  He would impact the field of play earlier than most draft picks for the Bengals.  Eifert has not completed 16 game season in his career.  Howard is becoming one of my Favorites.  Nevertheless, there are sooooo many TE in this draft i.e.; Butt that can be taken later. 

If Williams can make transition to nickel backer, then Adams is tempting and probably the safest pick.  I would prefer Hooker but Adams would be nice. 

The reason I did not put WR is because they would sit for year or two behind LaFell et al at the WR position. 

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 11:41 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'll just say I will not be happy if we grab Lattimore, Hooker or Robinson.

On the fence about Foster.

I have to agree with you there.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 09:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Name the 8 players you would hate to see taken before our pick at 9 and why.

1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. Fournette
4. Hooker
5. Adams
6. OJ Howard
7. Allen
8. Barnett

Our options at 9.

1. Taco- I think this guy is highly overrated. Would hate to use the 9th pick on him.

2. Cam Robinson- I know we have no idea how our line will be with OG and Fisher. I would hate to use another first round pick and a top 10 at that on another OT. Also was arrested last year on gun and marijuana charges. Mayock thinks he best suited as a Guard.

3. Lattimore- Same as above. Might be tempting for the Bengals having the top CB on the board.

4. Foster- Everyone knows about the Combine but the thing that worries me about him is his style of play. Will he be another Burfict drawing constant flags from the refs leading with his helmet. Will he be dependable or just another talent who spends more games suspended than starting.

5. Cook- Hamstring issues, ball security issues. 3 shoulder operations since high school. History of run ins with the law.

6. M.Williams- Im not going to try to nit pick for reasons why we shouldnt take Williams. Im just not a fan of taking a WR this year with the 9th pick.

Im sure there are plenty of other options on the Bengals big board. But if the first 8 picks went this way, which I really dont see happening, I still think someone will reach for a QB and maybe a OL so we should get a pretty good player. If not I would hope we find a team to trade back with.

I agree 100% with the OP.  If it shook out this way, however, I think I'd prefer Williams or Cook over the others, as they'd at least potentially start.  You know Robinson and Lattimore would ride the pine all season, while Taco and Foster would at best be part of a rotation.  

I really hope Thomas, Adams, Hooker, or Allen falls to us, though. 
Reply/Quote