Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gronk Cont...
(03-13-2022, 08:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Brady has unretired which most likely means Gronk back to Tampa. Need to hope we can just keep CH at this point.

Depending on his asking price (which I'm sure will be unsettling), you have to put Burrow first. Take his money, upgrade another position of need and draft his replacement. I love him and I want him back, but it's gotta be team friendly. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:14 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Depending on his asking price (which I'm sure will be unsettling), you have to put Burrow first. Take his money, upgrade another position of need and draft his replacement. I love him and I want him back, but it's gotta be team friendly. 

If you go to the draft you accept your getting worse production this year at that spot. Historically it’s a bad rookie position for production and honesty some of his biggest plays this year we’re on things that him and Burrow built a trust on over the last two. It’s not the end of the world but that is one position that just does not fair great for rookies.

Howard and Engram could be options, even a Mo Allie Cox may not be bad if we lose CJ.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you go to the draft you accept your getting worse production this year at that spot. Historically it’s a bad rookie position for production and honesty some of his biggest plays this year we’re on things that him and Burrow built a trust on over the last two. It’s not the end of the world but that is one position that just does not fair great for rookies.

Howard and Engram could be options, even a Mo Allie Cox may not be bad if we lose CJ.

You're not wrong and I would like for us to sign a veteran to be our TE1, but still find our future in the draft. I really like what I've seen from McBride. If he's there in the 2nd round, I'll be screaming for him lol.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Well... shit. Stay retired, Brady.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 01:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am preparing myself for the worst this week and hoping for the best..

Just like 2021 and Bengals games, enjoy the journey. The FA period and the draft is a long haul, the FO will spend a couple of months working on the 2022 roster.

Heck, we traded for Hill after training camp. 

It is so easy to think 1 FA or 1 draft pick so like 2 players will seal our fate great or bad. I have trust the FO will improve our bigger weakness our OL, I also think our coaches are more than capable of improving existing players all across the roster.

We have a solid nucleus of players who want to win, we just need some to get better, add a few through FA and the draft and hope we can avoid major injuries again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just like 2021 and Bengals games, enjoy the journey. The FA period and the draft is a long haul, the FO will spend a couple of months working on the 2022 roster.

Heck, we tried for Hill after raining camp. 

It is so easy to think 1 FA or 1 draft pick so like 2 players will seal our fate great or bad. I have trust the FO will improve our bigger weakness our OL, I also think our coaches are more than capable of improving existing players all across the roster.

We have a solid nucleus of players who want to win, we just need some to get better, add a few through FA and the draft and hope we can avoid major injuries again.

Great points.  I think after the successful season we had it is obvious to everyone where we need to upgrade and what holes we need to fill. The hope and anxiety levels are obviously elevated.  It is simply a very different offseason after experiencing verified proof that we can truly make legitimate runs at the SB and the right offseason moves could finally bring a trophy to Cincy. 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: The cap doesn’t exist if your willing to spend. They will use void years like they did last year to push all of it out and be fine.

I think they added 2 void years to Jensen’s deal.

Reply/Quote