Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why Not?
(03-09-2022, 01:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Excellent take.  Even with the revenues soaring in the future we will still be at a disadvantage cash-wise and every cent of guaranteed money (less 2M per) must be escrowed regardless of the year it is to be guaranteed in and 35% of salaries - thats a lot of cash.  When revenues do rise so will contracts.  The Burrow smash will be real.

And like you said we never know who is going to produce any given year. Hendrickson, Awuzie, Apple, Hill were all excellent surprises in my opinion.

Explain how that works.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:20 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Explain how that works.

As I understand it (and Im sure this is a gotcha post):

In 2020 teams proposed to hold at least 35% of players salaries in escrow to offset costs, players hated it and Im not sure if it even went into effect or if it did that it is still a requirement, but I included it in order to be over instead of short.

Teams have been required to hold cash equal to the guaranteed aspects of contracts for a long time. The deductible has changed but was $2M for a long time as best as I can remember.

Example: 50M contract with 25M guaranteed would require the team to hold 23M in escrow (25-2 =23)

The new CBA raises the deductible of 2M to 15M. So that 50M contract with 25M guaranteed would only require 10M in escrow (25-15 =10).
I'm not sure if that went into effect last season or will start this year.

In 2029 that 15M increases to 17M. 

In the case of mega deals such as Mahomes or Burrow the deductible amount (2, 15, or 17) is somewhat negligible until the amount dwindles down after so many years).

Fire away. 

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:51 AM)casear2727 Wrote: As I understand it (and Im sure this is a gotcha post):

In 2020 teams proposed to hold at least 35% of players salaries in escrow to offset costs, players hated it and
Im not sure it even went into effect or if it did that it is still a requirement, but I included it in order to be over instead of short.

Teams have been required to hold cash equal to the guaranteed aspects of contracts for a long time. The deductible has changed but was $2M for a long time as best as I can remember.

Example: 50M contract with 25M guaranteed would require the team to hold 23M in escrow (25-2 =23)

The new CBA raises the deductible of 2M to 15M. So that 50M contract with 25M guaranteed would only require 10M in escrow (25-15 =10).
I'm not sure if that went into effect last season or will start this year.

In 2029 that 15M increases to 17M. 

In the case of mega deals such as Mahomes or Burrow the deductible amount (2, 15, or 17) is somewhat negligible until the amount dwindles down after so many years).

Fire away. 

I edited your response to eliminate the smoke and mirrors. Really more of a dog and pony show man myself. All I needed to read is in bold without all the yada, yada, yada. Know what I mean?

If you aren’t sure, wouldn’t it behoove you to find out? Before making more shit up?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I edited your response to eliminate the smoke and mirrors. Really more of a dog and pony show man myself. All I needed to read is in bold without all the yada, yada, yada. Know what I mean?

If you aren’t sure, wouldn’t it behoove you to find out? Before making more shit up?

Like I said, bait post.  Childish.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Like I said, bait post.  Childish.

But, I seriously want to know why you would act like something was true when in fact you had no idea. Had you bothered to look you would know it never went into effect and could have saved yourself the embarrassment.

If you were Burrow, why would you take $90M less guaranteed money?

It’s your idea. You must have a reason. Please explain it to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Like I said, bait post.  Childish.

Now I see why you have 3 names on here Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:35 AM)pulses Wrote: Now I see why you have 3 names on here Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I have one username, what is wrong with you two children?

Reply/Quote