Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why? Please tell me why Dalton is starting...
Makes absolutely no sense to me why Andy Dalton is starting the last 2 games.  Can someone please explain this logic to me (I know insert stupid Bengal organization comment here)?  Seriously though...

The season is over, there is nothing to gain except for evaluation of your football team.  The Bengals have just about secured the 1st overall pick of which Joe Burrow is a no-brainer.  Findley has proven that he's not capable, so why not give Dolegala a shot to see if he can be the #2 QB behind the future franchise QB? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is starting because he's the starter. Limited as he may be, he's the best quarterback on the Cincinnati roster and he gives the Bengals the best chance to win. Also, it's not "the Bengal way" to experiment during the season which made Ryan Finley's midseason starts even more puzzling. I would also like the see Finley or Jake Dolegala play more but, believe it or not, the Bengals are trying to win the last two games.
Reply/Quote
Mr. Brown wants us to win to avoid the #1 pick, which will be the most $$$$$$$$$$$ expensive salary of them all in the draft. It's all about the money for Mike. Hell be happy with the top 5 picks but not the #1 pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 10:23 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Mr. Brown wants us to win to avoid the #1 pick, which will be the most $$$$$$$$$$$ expensive salary of them all in the draft. It's all about the money for Mike. Hell be happy with the top 5 picks but not the #1 pick.

#1 is not all that expensive anymore..... none of the rookie salaries are. This is why, with Burrow, they will have more money to put elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 10:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: #1 is not all that expensive anymore..... none of the rookie salaries are. This is why, with Burrow, they will have more money to put elsewhere

It's not but in Mike's mind, probably still the most of them all. (draftees)
Reply/Quote
My best guess, they thought showcasing his skills would improve his trade value in the offseason. Too bad Dalton is still Dalton and will probably only lower his value if he continues to play like he has the last two weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:54 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Makes absolutely no sense to me why Andy Dalton is starting the last 2 games.  Can someone please explain this logic to me (I know insert stupid Bengal organization comment here)?  Seriously though...

The season is over, there is nothing to gain except for evaluation of your football team.  The Bengals have just about secured the 1st overall pick of which Joe Burrow is a no-brainer.  Findley has proven that he's not capable, so why not give Dolegala a shot to see if he can be the #2 QB behind the future franchise QB? 

dalton is a team player and knows the goal is to win the #1 pick

and we have to make the apperance of effort.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think they had back to back games that they likely would have won (Raiders and Steelers) with Dalton at QB, and some of the veteran players went to Zac and asked for Dalton to be starter again. Veteran players that wanted no part of being 0-16. I think Zac realized he was in jeopardy of losing the locker room and made the change back to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:54 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Makes absolutely no sense to me why Andy Dalton is starting the last 2 games.  Can someone please explain this logic to me (I know insert stupid Bengal organization comment here)?  Seriously though...

Dalton is our best shot at keeping that number 1 pick overall after throwing 4 INT his last game. I would start Dolegala got to take a peak at what you have at backup QB next year.
Reply/Quote
If you can answer why Marvin Lewis was here for 16 years then you can probably apply the same logic to Mr. Dalton. And as someone else stated, he’s starting because he is the starter. That’s been how we roll through the Marvin era and I suspect Mikey B. likes it that way.
Reply/Quote
Personally I hope Andy throws 5 pick 6's and a few pick 12's in the last two games.. Heck, I hope he throws a few pick 6's to the opposing team's 4th string defensive tackles....AND all of Miami's and Cleveland's punt returns are run back to the house not to mention kick offs. Then there will be ZERO excuses to keep Zac around much less Dalton.. Not that the Brown family ever needed an excuse to do stupid shit.. That's their specialty.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Andy is starting because he gives us the best change of winning. And when we're winning, he gives us the best chance of throwing interceptions to make us lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 11:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: Personally I hope Andy throws 5 pick 6's and a few pick 12's in the last two games.. Heck, I hope he throws a few pick 6's to the opposing team's 4th string defensive tackles....AND all of Miami's and Cleveland's punt returns are run back to the house not to mention kick offs. Then there will be ZERO excuses to keep Zac around much less Dalton.. Not that the Brown family ever needed an excuse to do stupid shit.. That's their specialty.

I fear that 1 win is already enough 'progress' to keep Zac.

I'm to the point where firing Zac is the only thing that's going to bring my enthusiasm back for next year.
Reply/Quote
What are we actually going to learn about Dolegala when we admit he's playing for a team that super injured, has the worst coaching in the league, and is operating without an actual OC on board despite having an offensive-minded HC?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are we actually going to learn about Dolegala when we admit he's playing for a team that super injured, has the worst coaching in the league, and is operating without an actual OC on board despite having an offensive-minded HC?

Yeah...he'll get in and look terrible.

I kind of worry about Burrow. Chances are, with the same coaching in place...he's gonna not look good next year.
Reply/Quote
The reason is because the Bengals want to win at all costs. They don't believe in tanking even when they have the worst record in the league. They believe Dalton gives them the best chance to win. They believe winning this year will build a winning mindset for next year (and beyond).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Because Doogie Taylor is in over his head and there's no adult around to lead him down the right path.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...he'll get in and look terrible.

I kind of worry about Burrow. Chances are, with the same coaching in place...he's gonna not look good next year.

Dalton isn't great but he looks like a total abortion in this system.  Finley isn't ready and probably won't ever be that good, but again he looked like he didn't even belong in the NFL in this system.  I can't imagine Joe Burrow is going to look as good as he should if we just roll with the system we have right now...I'm already ready for it.

We went into this season "knowing" that Dalton could get back to his 2015 form and ZT was going to be the one to revitalize his career.  Now we are sure he's beyond done as a starting QB and QB is our biggest need.  Wacky.

I've seen teams do more than Marvin with lesser QBs than Dalton and Palmer and I've seen teams do more than ZT with much lesser QBs than Dalton (maybe not so much Finley).  We have 1 damn win.  Our system is crap.  Not saying we should keep Dalton, but he seems like he's should still be better than a 1-win QB.
Reply/Quote

Well, of course I agree with you and would do the same as you say here. Problem is Mikey doesn't think like us and wants 
to beat the Browns, also there is a chance they are trying to up Dalton's value for a trade or something. I want Burrow though
and if this costs us him i would be majorly pissed, major drop from him to the rest of the QB's IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, of course I agree with you and would do the same as you say here. Problem is Mikey doesn't think like us and wants 
to beat the Browns, also there is a chance they are trying to up Dalton's value for a trade or something. I want Burrow though
and if this costs us him i would be majorly pissed, major drop from him to the rest of the QB's IMO.

It seems like the locker room and the players wanted Dalton on the field, too.  We can't brag up how much "NO QUIT!" this team has and then get upset when they actually want the QB who has shown SOME ability to win to be the one under center.
Reply/Quote