Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis hints at personnel changes
(11-07-2017, 01:15 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: These are the same experts that saw this line but predicted 10-12 wins.... now they blame it all on Andy. Lol

I keep seeing people say this but I haven't seen any evidence of it here. You will not find a single person on this board that doesn't acknowledge the oline is a major problem. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Can the personnel change be Marvin announcing his own retirement, effective immediately?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you bring up a guy from PS, you have to cut another person or not activate Peerman or WJ3.
And the Bengals were 3-6-1 at the time of when Peerman was activated (Nov 26). Technically, the Bengals were not out of it, as they did have the possibility of winning out and going 9-6-1.
Also at that time, the Steelers were 6-5, so 3.5 games behind with six games remaining.
The Ravens were 5-5, so the Bengals were just 1.5 games behind them.
Realistically, did they have a chance? Not really, but the Bengals have never been willing to give up on a season and play the young guys for development purposes until they were statistically eliminated from playoff contention.
We didn't really see the Bengals even give the young guys a chance last year until that last game or two.

I expect more of the same this year. Given they are 3-5 right now, I don't expect them to give up on the season until December, which means three more games at minimum.

I get all of that.....and it was a technicality, because realistically, they were out of contention long before that point.  

Me, I would have gone with 2 RBs, if one gets hurt, you have your "cut" made for you.  WJIII needed that PT.  He has played well this season, probably much better if he had gotten valuable game snaps last season.  Here we are, at the midway point of his second season, and he still isn't starting.  S-T-U-P-I-D.  Are they going to wind up with a Kirkpatrick scenario again?  You draft these cats high, play them, or don't draft that position that high.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:35 PM)McC Wrote: Apparently, I'm stuck on it.

LMAO Now, I certainly wouldn't say that...... :andy:

Reply/Quote
This team is like trying to make delicious chicken soup beginning with a dead chicken left out in a trash bag in the backyard in the dead of summer for two weeks. 
Sure you can make the soup, but no matter how long you boil it and how many spices and salt you add to it it's still rotten chicken soup..or in this case rotten Cincinnati Bengals chicken soup. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: This team is like trying to make delicious chicken soup beginning with a dead chicken left out in a trash bag in the backyard in the dead of summer for two weeks. 
Sure you can make the soup, but no matter how long you boil it and how many spices and salt you add to it it's still rotten chicken soup..or in this case rotten Cincinnati Bengals chicken soup. 

It ain't even rotten chicken, it's just chicken shit. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:41 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Are you out of your mind.  QB play in the NFL is horrid right now and it's hurting the product offering.  There are probably about 20 teams that would take Dalton in a heartbeat.

Sure, you're out of your mind. Dalton has always been middle of the road statistically and has looked horrible this year (offensive line, perhaps). No deep ball accuracy, no short ball accuracy, sacks (no pocket awareness anymore), picks (not all his fault).

Sorry, I like Dalton as much as you do but there's no way 20 teams are looking for an Andy Dalton. Just so you know, I talk statistics and not gut feel, there are only 5 QBs in the league with a worse Rating. That's not 20, and you can blame the offensive line as much as you want, I do too, there are probably more than 5 QBs that would perform better under this offensive line than Andy does, he's scared and his accuracy is totally gone, he doesn't lead any WR and it's almost always out of their ideal catch zone. This isn't the Dalton of old, the offensive line has changed him.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can the personnel change be Marvin announcing his own retirement, effective immediately?

I was hoping to come home and read the news of his release from the team, yesterday.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dalton isn't going to win the Bengals a playoff game. You can only hope he doesn't lose it. He is good enough not to be a back up, but he cannot carry the team on his back.
Reply/Quote