Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Why Trae Waynes will be back with the bengals next year.
Heard Zac say in an interview that he does not believe in cutting corners. Said it was "not the Bengal Way".
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5682152]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 09:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Heard Zac say in an interview that he does not believe in cutting corners.  Said it was "not the Bengal Way".

Weak analogy.That comment has nothing to do with whether it is prudent or not to bring him back as there is also common sense involved and just how the team can be improved in other ways that are needed by saving another 10 mm or so.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 11:02 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Weak analogy.That comment has nothing to do with whether it is prudent or not to bring him back as there is also common sense involved and just how the team can be improved in other ways that are needed by saving another 10 mm or so.

[Image: e37.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: e37.png]

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 11:02 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Weak analogy.That comment has nothing to do with whether it is prudent or not to bring him back as there is also common sense involved and just how the team can be improved in other ways that are needed by saving another 10 mm or so.

If you look at the bottom of your post there is a red X. . That’s the button to delete your post.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 11:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If you look at the bottom of your post there is a red X. .  That’s the button to delete your post.

Lol…
Reply/Quote
Boo this man.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 09:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Heard Zac say in an interview that he does not believe in cutting corners.  Said it was "not the Bengal Way".

Your dad joke notwithstanding, I don't see any way they don't get out from under his contract.  I believe there is an out after this year. 

They can use that money elsewhere.  
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 10:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5682152]

still better than the late night talk show jokes these days lol
Reply/Quote
Can see this being told by a group of old guys sitting around together during breakfast at McDonald's.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
LOL

Reply/Quote

I hope you were drunk when you posted this.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I could see this being true and I’m all for it. You gotta think Eli Apple will be chasing the money after the season. Coming off a decent year and a deep playoff run, I feel someone will outbid/overbid for his services. In a perfect world I’d like to keep all of them, but since Trae will still be under contract it makes sense to hold on to him.
Reply/Quote
[Image: White_VennDadJokes-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I have no idea how it plays out. But Zac had limited answers to the question since he on Super Bowl roster and we may need him to come on save the day. He could not answer the question or give a positive answer. Real stupid if ZT says Waynes will or may get cut after season.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 07:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have no idea how it plays out. But Zat had limited answers to the question since he on Super Bowl roster and we may need him to come on save the day. He could not answer the question or give a positive answer. Real stupid if ZT says Waynes will or may get cut after season.

This was not a reply to a specific question about Waynes.  It was more a comment about general principles the organization follows.
Reply/Quote
Thought I'd bump this instead of creating a new thread or derailing another thread where the topic gained a little steam.

We know Waynes has been hurt the last couple years but it wasn't too long ago dude was one of the top CBs in the NFL.

Folks point to him not getting time last year when he came off IR, but do we know he was 100% healthy

The biggest reason to cut TW is to safe Cap Space. By cutting him we save $10 Mil in cap, but we have to replace him as Jalen Davis would currently be our other starting boundary CB.

A bargain rate starting caliber CB is going to cost $4-5 MIL. So we save Max $6 MIL in space. We could save that by extending him one year and turning it into signing bonus.

IF Zac planned to cut TW seems he would have done it by now unless he wants to not do TW any favors.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah, the longer he is still on the roster the more I think he might be here. Why wait? Maybe there is a timing thing for salary purposes?

Hard to say if he was healthy or not. But he has not done anything for us. So...... why think he would going forward? Seems to be injury riddled and not recovering well from them.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought I'd bump this instead of creating a new thread or derailing another thread where the topic gained a little steam.

We know Waynes has been hurt the last couple years but it wasn't too long ago dude was one of the top CBs in the NFL.

Folks point to him not getting time last year when he came off IR, but do we know he was 100% healthy

The biggest reason to cut TW is to safe Cap Space. By cutting him we save $10 Mil in cap, but we have to replace him as Jalen Davis would currently be our other starting boundary CB.

A bargain rate starting caliber CB is going to cost $4-5 MIL. So we save Max $6 MIL in space. We could save that by extending him one year and turning it into signing bonus.

IF Zac planned to cut TW seems he would have done it by now unless he wants to not do TW any favors.

He played 100% of the defensive snaps in Week 18, a game of almost exclusively backups for the Bengals. He then played 0 defensive snaps in the playoffs, but still took snaps on special teams.

Go to bed Bfine, you're drunk.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote