Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Why Trae Waynes will be back with the bengals next year.
(03-15-2022, 09:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wouldn’t read too much into him still being hereditary.

This has to be one of the best autocorrects ever. Well done. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:43 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: After he sat on the bench here and got a ton of cash for hardly any playtime. I would cut him when it would be hardest on him to get a decent contract.

He was injured.

Why do fans make it personal when a player gets injured?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was injured.

Same thing when everyone is complaining because every signing isn’t a future HOF or perennial pro bowler. Ya’know , cause it’s so easy to sit back and complain when they don’t spend 15-20million on a guy per year!
Reply/Quote
A Bengals FB page (Bengals fan for life) says he will be released at 4pm today

Have no idea if this is true or not, but that's their claim.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: A Bengals FB page (Bengals fan for life) says he will be released at 4pm today

That really only makes sense if we announce a big signing by then. Maybe we're going after Armstead or Gilmore
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That really only makes sense if we announce a big signing by then. Maybe we're going after Armstead or Gilmore

It is FB, so who knows.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It is FB, so who knows.

Yeah who knows? I've stated here that I'm not as keen on cutting him as most are, but if we're doing it to sign others then go for it, If we're doing it to pad pumpkin's inheritance then keep him.

I do hope before/if we cut him we've exhausted all reasonable reduce/restructure options. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wouldn’t read too much into him still being hereditary. The Bengals don’t usually cut guys until they need the cap, they don’t actually need the cap yet. The other option is they may be reworking his deal to simply lower the number. I still don’t expect him in the team next season at that number.

This. We do this all the time. No actual need to cut him yet. If we need more cap space, he's probably 1st in line to be cut. Until then, may as well hang on to him. We might need him.

That said, I reeeeeally wish we'd sign a big time Center (and kick Karras over to LG) or RT, and cut Waynes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Word on the street is Waynes is getting cut today.

(03-16-2022, 01:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: A Bengals FB page (Bengals fan for life) says he will be released at 4pm today

Did this happen? 

Reply/Quote

You mean the guy that was making number 1 CB money was heathy enough to play special teams for us but did not play CB in the playoffs. He all of a sudden forgot how to cover guys because he was injured for a year. If he would of got winded getting back into the swing of stuff he could of gotten a breather from Apple or another CB. If he would of did the job he was getting paid to do, he would of been at least our 2nd CB in the Superbowl and Apple could of been covering their 4th WR and not one of the best. But yeah I am the bad guy here.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 05:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did this happen? 

Working but assuming it did not if its not on here

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Because both injuries he had were preventable if you act like a pro 
Reply/Quote

I think it goes beyond being injured in this case.  He was VERY vocal about the Bengals not signing the deal earlier (this is how you whine after getting $16 milluion per?) and then basically injured himself the first five minutes of a workout.  Seemed very fishy, like he was already injured.

And the subsequent injuries, when they are hamstring related, screams of a lack of preparation.  SO many NFL players know the stretching routines, hot yoga, etc., that prevent these things.  They aren't eliminated but greatly reduced. 

If that was his trick area, put in the work to address it.  Seems like he didn't do much except some lame video that looks like something I could have done.  
Reply/Quote