Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why We Will Win Today
(01-29-2023, 02:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: I get being confident but some of these don't even make sense. And Joe Burrow is = Patrick Mahomes at best. 

None of this is to say we can't or won't win but we don't need to make up lies to support that belief. 

I disagree.

Burrow has played the bulk of his career behind a poor or terrible o-line.
Pat Mahomes took over a team that was 11-5, 12-4 and 10-5 with Alex Smith(Mahomes started the last game of Smith's last year). He played one game in his career behind a less than good o-line and he got crushed in the Super Bowl. His biggest super power is that he's probably the best QB that's ever run Andy Reid's offense more than anything else. 

There is no way a Rookie Mahomes takes over 2020's Bengals and has them in the Super Bowl the following year. Yeah, he's probably the best that I've ever seen at the scramble drill, but reading a defense, and finding the right receiver, throwing a player open and most importantly, being a leader . . . Give me Joe Burrow all day, every day.<-----period
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When we win it all, Burrow will be crammed into commercials if he consents to it.  Matt Stafford is more wooden than Howdy Doody's balls, and even he was put into commercials for what amounted to a rather awkward year.  I don't know if Burrow is commercial-material, but if he wins it all he'll get offers.

All I ever want to see Burrow say in a commercial is "I'm going to Disney World!"
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:32 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It's funny that Baker is the best QB to do commercials because he's such a flop of a player. 

I don't know that Burrow has the personality for it, but we haven't seen many commercials with him so it's tough to say.

Being a good player helps get you in the door, but eventually you have to find some talent or personality for long-term success in that stuff.  Really, there is no connection between being a good football player and being funny/interesting/acting in commercials.  Hell, Bob Uecker made a whole "acting" career out of being a crappy player and Cooper Manning is presented as the comic relief of those Manning family commercials.

(01-29-2023, 04:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: All I ever want to see Burrow say in a commercial is "I'm going to Disney World!"

Great, then half the population will be screaming that Burrow is shoving his woke agenda down our throats and the other half will say he supports slave labor and Nazis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Great, then half the population will be screaming that Burrow is shoving his woke agenda down our throats and the other half will say he supports slave labor and Nazis.

So....win/win?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
At this point all 4 teams have tremendous talent and skill players. I truly feel that our one advantage is playing in and winning the AFC North. I don’t care if it’s the Browns, Steelers or Ravens, each week is a physical blood bath. I thought from the beginning our toughest playoff game might very well be playing the Ravens a third time even without Lamar.

We’re tougher for playing in the North yet Zac and Lou throw wrinkles in that will help us beat anyone. If you can win the North you can win anywhere. Who Dey. Let’s kick the Chiefs A$$ !!!!
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
I will say the same thing that i say on our board. It starts up front with the offensive line. They played really well last week. That KC pass rush is real and Jones will no doubt take two men with him. Burrows will do his thing. Give him time. Mixon is a great back. Keep them honest with both run and pass. Would like to see some quick screens to back off that pass rush if they are having trouble with it. Crowd will be loud as always in KC. Slow methodical rushes will quiet that crowd a bit...
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:33 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I disagree.

Pat Mahomes took over a team that was 11-5, 12-4 and 10-5 with Alex Smith(Mahomes started the last game of Smith's last year). He played one game in his career behind a less than good o-line and he got crushed in the Super Bowl. His biggest super power is that he's probably the best QB that's ever run Andy Reid's offense more than anything else. 

There is no way a Rookie Mahomes takes over 2020's Bengals and has them in the Super Bowl the following year. Yeah, he's probably the best that I've ever seen at the scramble drill, but reading a defense, and finding the right receiver, throwing a player open and most importantly, being a leader . . . Give me Joe Burrow all day, every day.<-----period

Maybe, we Really have no idea. I agree Mahomes has benefited greatly from being with Reid but there's no way to say he'd be a worse player if he was in the Bengals situation. Which is why you literally can't say Burrow is unquestionably better. At best they're even. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:33 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I disagree.

TheFan….yeah well said….makes sense to some of us….enough said! Who Dey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:00 PM)TheFan Wrote: Maybe, we Really have no idea. I agree Mahomes has benefited greatly from being with Reid but there's no way to say he'd be a worse player if he was in the Bengals situation. Which is why you literally can't say Burrow is unquestionably better. At best they're even. 

Lol….no way…..Mahomes makes dumb decisions and he gets lucky. The luck will run our, hopefully today

Reply/Quote
I'll say because Bengals strength of schedule has been 2nd toughest so far and Chiefs was 13th toughest. Eagles easiest strength of schedule and 49ers 3rd easiest.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 06:47 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Lol….no way…..Mahomes makes dumb decisions and he gets lucky.  The luck will run our, hopefully today

That's Josh Allen. Mahomes > Allen, for sure.
Reply/Quote