Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL record for most points in a single post-season
(02-03-2022, 07:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yep and it was a joke what I posted about 9 touchdowns with only extra points to tie the record.  That would be amazing though if they did.  There is no denying what McPherson has contributed.  He is a big reason why the Bengals are in the big game.  Even if the Bengals only kick field goals and still win I'd be super happy with that too.

Yes, of course that was a joke. If we score 5 TD's that would be a great game Offensively. But I bet we score at the most 
around 4 and kick a couple of FG's. That would get him the record and I am pretty sure the Lombardi. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 07:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Likewise and it would be cool to see McPherson break the typical trend of a QB getting the Super Bowl MVP. Shooter for MVP after we win 18 to 13.

I'd gladly take a 3-0 win.   Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 05:31 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: A dude named Burrow and Chase would like to have a talk with you.

I knew this would be said....You skipped over the part about investment to return didn't you.... It's exactly why I put it in there.

Getting high level production like Burrow has done is awesome and important but it is also exactly what you expect when you take a QB at #1 overall.

Now compare that to the return on value from a 5th round pick, most of those guys are back-ups and role players not guys setting records.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Not positive about him smashing record but kid has a legit shot at breaking the record for sure.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 08:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not positive about him smashing record but kid has a legit shot at breaking the record for sure.

And I think a bit more after this season.   It would be sweet if in the next few seasons the Bengals are up big on the Ravens and give McPherson a shot at a 67 yard field goal and he breaks Tucker's record, hopefully at the Ravens.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 06:22 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: He's scored 40. The rest of the team 32.
72. The team has only scored 4 touchdowns. 

Shooter....40 points.
5 td.........30 points
2 pt......... 2 points
total........72 points

Only 5 tds in 32 possessions.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking it might have an asterisk next to it if any of those teams had a bye in round one, but none of them did, so it would be legit Rock On

I LOVE that one of our own could hold an all-time record! I do, like everyone else, hope that we're kicking extra points and not field goals, but it's the NFL, and it's not like touchdowns are easy to come by.

We need to put points on the board when we can and not take a lot of risks, especially early. Take the easy 3 if available.

That's not to say that we shouldn't try to score when we get in the red zone, but make sure that we come away with at least 3.

Be incredible to set the record and get our first Super Bowl in the same year!
Reply/Quote
Do you think the Superbowl will be high scoring or low scoring? I'm thinking lower than people think. I'm guessing combined team points of 45.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I'm just fine with 10 extra points to break that record....
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 07:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Likewise and it would be cool to see McPherson break the typical trend of a QB getting the Super Bowl MVP. Shooter for MVP after we win 18 to 13.

hes my early pick for MVP
Reply/Quote