Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are the Bengals not clearing cap by restructuring deals?
(03-14-2023, 02:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Imagine 7 straight years of your OL being a problem and your message going into Year 8 is "we like the guys we have" and you're just banking on internal improvement.
While the chiefs let an average OL go and signed a 25 yr old RT with huge upside to bolster their OL....and we didn't do shat Cool
Reply/Quote
Buffalo Bills latest to create cap space by restructuring contracts, in this case the contracts of Josh Allen and Von Miller. They were 19 million over, but created $32 million in cap space, allowing them to address their needs in free agency (which include safety).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35854402/josh-allen-von-miller-deals-restructured-bills-create-32m-cap-space
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 02:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Imagine 7 straight years of your OL being a problem and your message going into Year 8 is "we like the guys we have" and you're just banking on internal improvement.

Yep kind of Twilight Zone-ish
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 12:00 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I did butcher it again some. But the point sticks. You can’t compare KC’s 5 year run to Cincy’s 2 year run in essence. You can certainly look at why KC’s been successful in that 5 year window. They’ve foremost drafted well.  You can see why Cincy has been successful. We hit in FA ( defense for sure) and the draft (offense mostly) even if we had early picks. They’ve got their first real crisis…replacing the best safety tandem in the entire league. Hopefully day 2 will go better and provide more insight.

Don't get me wrong I am no KC fan by any stretch of the imagination. Just like their blueprint on what to do when owning a high priced QB over the teams that are selling out their future. Admittedly mostly because it is the way I would choose. So maybe I'm being biased with my opinion.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 10:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Don't get me wrong I am no KC fan by any stretch of the imagination. Just like their blueprint on what to do when owning a high priced QB over the teams that are selling out their future. Admittedly mostly because it is the way I would choose. So maybe I'm being biased with my opinion.

Well it’s hard to argue with their blueprint. Certainly their OL play has played a huge impact as has ours the other way.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote