Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why are we ALWAYS blaming Marvin Lewis?
(12-21-2016, 10:34 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Here's some more stuff I digged up...

The Bengals have scored fifty-one (51) points in the 4th quarter this season - Last in the NFL

The Bengals have scored four (4) TD's in the 4th quarter this season.
Two (2) of those 4th quarter TD's were in the blowout loss to Dallas.
Nine (9) points scored in the 4th quarter at Paul Brown Stadium.
Zero (0) 4th quarter TD's at Paul Brown Stadium.

Say What Twitch Twitch Twitch Facepalm

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 10:34 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Here's some more stuff I digged up...

The Bengals have scored fifty-one (51) points in the 4th quarter this season - Last in the NFL

The Bengals have scored four (4) TD's in the 4th quarter this season.
Two (2) of those 4th quarter TD's were in the blowout loss to Dallas.
Nine (9) points scored in the 4th quarter at Paul Brown Stadium.
Zero (0) 4th quarter TD's at Paul Brown Stadium.

And this isn't some dark cloud following this team this season. It's a recurrent theme with ML lead teams over the years.

I think it was 2 years ago but we were deep into the season, game 12 ? And we were the worst 3rd quarter scoring team in the NFL. At one point we had like 3 points in 4 or 5 combined 3rd quarters in a row.

We're averaging 4.1 second half points in 7 combined playoff losses. Think about that for a minute, barley over a FG !!!

We can't adjust to the oppositions adjustments. If plan A fails we're screwed.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 03:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And this isn't some dark cloud following this team this season. It's a recurrent theme with ML lead teams over the years.

I think it was 2 years ago but we were deep into the season, game 12 ? And we were the worst 3rd quarter scoring team in the NFL. At one point we had like 3 points in 4 or 5 combined 3rd quarters in a row.

We're averaging 4.1 second half points in 7 combined playoff losses. Think about that for a minute, barley over a FG !!!

Man...  wouldn't you just like to know what other experienced HC current and retired think of these numbers and being able to stay employed?!?

I bet they would be not only scathing but pretty damn comical at that.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 03:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And this isn't some dark cloud following this team this season. It's a recurrent theme with ML lead teams over the years.

What pisses me off the most is they usually throw the same things at them, but of course usually disguise them differently. They load the box to take away run, and cover the quick, short passes. It's beyond me how they either don't see this, or don't have a plan together to combat that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Marvin lewis sucks ass. He has to go. 14 years and zero playoff wins. Zero. Nada zilch. Nothing. 0. Blank. Zero!!!! Let that sink in. 14 years and still employed. Wtf. That is absolutely crazy shit. Bat shit crazy
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 07:12 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Marvin lewis sucks ass.  He has to go. 14 years and zero playoff wins.   Zero.   Nada zilch.    Nothing.  0.   Blank.  Zero!!!!    Let that sink in. 14 years and still employed.  Wtf.  That is absolutely crazy shit. Bat shit crazy

Five straight years averaging 10 wins a year. Butts in the seats. Merchandise sold. Money flowing in. 

Playoff wins and championships don't matter. 

Money matters. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote