Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why are we not reading this headline?
Easy; if he gets cut he gets paid. If he gets banned from the league, he doesn't get paid.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Adam Jones Released by Cincinnati Bengals

Listening to Mo Egger's show for a bit yesterday;  Mo made some salient points regarding Jones:

- He isn't some kid fresh out of college...he is 33.

- He was made a Captain this year

- Just because you helped buy a bunch of kids bicycles, doesn't give you the right to act like an idiot.

Now, I don't like to rush to judgement until someone is found guily, but we all know there is a likely plea agreement coming and a likely NFL suspension.  If he is going to be suspended, I don't think he deserves a spot on the team moving forward.

His play declined significantly this year, and I only put half of that on lackadaisical Coyle.  

Amazing one year ago, I called this guy the heart and soul of our defense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In a nutshell ... Jones has a family for crying out loud. Someone with a family has no business being out and about at that time of night/morning.

I know Lewis has stressed and stressed this and even Burfict, for crying out loud, has been able to hold point on this off the field.

How many years does it take for a husband and father to get this through their skull?????
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 07:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Ummm so u want Wjiii to be covering the likes of Hopkins brown obj etc?

Thats usually what you draft a cornerback in the 1st round to do.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Listening to Mo Egger's show for a bit yesterday;  Mo made some salient points regarding Jones:

- He isn't some kid fresh out of college...he is 33.

- He was made a Captain this year

- Just because you helped buy a bunch of kids bicycles, doesn't give you the right to act like an idiot.

Now, I don't like to rush to judgement until someone is found guily, but we all know there is a likely plea agreement coming and a likely NFL suspension.  If he is going to be suspended, I don't think he deserves a spot on the team moving forward.

His play declined significantly this year, and I only put half of that on lackadaisical Coyle.  

Amazing one year ago, I called this guy the heart and soul of our defense.  

This has really been Marvin's MO...every game is "just another game". I get that the coaches don't want the players to get the jitters going into big games (primetime especially), but the team almost always seems "too" relaxed.

In a way, Marvin Lewis reminds me of David Brent from the UK version of The Office and the Bengals as a team remind me of the office atmosphere from that show...trying to be too chill and having a laugh. It takes the right people to make that atmosphere work, but more often than not it results in lower productivity.

Maybe if every game wasn't "just another game", the players and coaches would show a little more passion and urgency.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Now guys, Pacman is "Vehemently denying" that this happened. I think if anyone has earned benefit of the doubt, it is this man. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 07:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Ummm so u want Wjiii to be covering the likes of Hopkins brown obj etc?

That's.......that's the goal of taking a 1st round player. They should become starters.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Zero accountability + Zero discipline.......... the inmates are running the asylum.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's.......that's the goal of taking a 1st round player. They should become starters.

hmm didn't we see Julio go off for 300 plus yards against panthers rookies? U want them to start yes but not in their first year going up against the best receiver in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: hmm didn't we see Julio go off for 300 plus yards against panthers rookies? U want them to start yes but not in their first year going up against the best receiver in the NFL.

Julio got the majority of his 300 yards on a 3rd year CB.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
This incident occurred in the hallway of a hotel. The video will surface, and Brown's hand will be forced.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 06:54 PM)TGISunday Wrote: This incident occurred in the hallway of a hotel. The video will surface, and Brown's hand will be forced.

You're assuming Mike Brown cares about public perception.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 08:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For the same reason Marv and Alexander are still here. For the same reason Mike Brown will never hire a GM. For the same reason you'll never hear a heartfelt apology from the organization for disappointing fans. For the same reason bad players don't get cut or benched soon enough. Zero accountability.

Well i don't know all the info on Adam here but this sure rings true.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 10:32 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: In a nutshell ... Jones has a family for crying out loud.  Someone with a family has no business being out and about at that time of night/morning.

I know Lewis has stressed and stressed this and even Burfict, for crying out loud, has been able to hold point on this off the field.

How many years does it take for a husband and father to get this through their skull?????

This is spot on brother. If i was a father i would be with my wife and child not out at that time of night/morning.

He put himself in this position whether he likes it or not. Innocent until proven guilty law wise but this is the truth family wise.
Reply/Quote
I'm ready to go with the young guys, Pacman declined this year anyway so time to move on with Kirk, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw and a rookie or 2 in rounds 3-7. 

BUT....   LOL

One thing that it does if we cut him is basically give all the leverage to Kirk in free agency as signing him would almost be a must. I don't think that is why they are keeping him right now and even if it were the main reason for them not cutting him I think they would keep him on the team after they realized the media and fans had cooled down in a month or two anyway.
Reply/Quote
Yet still, no release announced...

Taking control of the team, is the first step toward winning..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: hmm didn't we see Julio go off for 300 plus yards against panthers rookies? U want them to start yes but not in their first year going up against the best receiver in the NFL.

The best WR in the league plays for the Bengals so it's not a concern. 

Reply/Quote

YES! play a first rounder! especially CB.. why draft him then? I know hes injured now but he better play alot this coming year and if hes horrible, hes gone or is a bench corner for cheap

Anything is better than a thug poking people or resisting arrest, then spitting on someone trying to check him out.

This is crazy. This should be the final straw. Hes a damn CAPTAIN. I dont want any of our younger guys acting like him on or off the field. Dre Kirk is starting to act like him.  Watching Kirk after every play is disgusting. 
Reply/Quote
While I am certainly on board the release Pacman band wagon, I also understand why the Bengals have not done so at this time. First, to do so without the legal system doing it's thing first would probably result in a grievance filed with the players union especially at this time of the season, it is just an odd time to see a player cut. The second part, and probably the bigger thing, is that if the league goes off of his history and drops the hammer on him over this, the Bengals might be able to come out of this with less of a cap hit. Can't imagine a guy counts against the cap if he gets suspended indefinitely.

Wait and see how it plays out is the right move at this point, just so long as Pacman isn't on the team come training camp.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This has really been Marvin's MO...every game is "just another game". I get that the coaches don't want the players to get the jitters going into big games (primetime especially), but the team almost always seems "too" relaxed.

In a way, Marvin Lewis reminds me of David Brent from the UK version of The Office and the Bengals as a team remind me of the office atmosphere from that show...trying to be too chill and having a laugh. It takes the right people to make that atmosphere work, but more often than not it results in lower productivity.

Maybe if every game wasn't "just another game", the players and coaches would show a little more passion and urgency.

It was former Bengal CB, Eric Thomas, that was describing the performance of the secondary during preseason practices as lackadaisical and how that was a complete contrast to the practices he saw a year earlier ran by Vance Joseph.  He pointed out Coyle as just letting Jones and Dre be sloppy in their technique and not challenging passes.  Man, did that piss me off to hear.  

Makes sense when you see how Miami performed down the stretch.  I still don't think they beat pissburgh and what is sure to be a personal officiating team of the steelers, but they did play much better defense under Vance. 
Reply/Quote