Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't the Bengals do some of this
(11-03-2016, 10:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: A few of our board members have already sent in suggestions about the marvin Lewis statue outside PBS.

I hope they don't forget the ol' Mikey puppet hole to make it real authentic.  Giggle faced of course and clapping.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mf594edae6bd12fb97018900c0841e...=300&h=300]Maybe put him inserted kneeling behind him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 06:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I hope they don't forget the ol' Mikey puppet hole to make it real authentic.  Giggle faced of course and clapping.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mf594edae6bd12fb97018900c0841e...=300&h=300]Maybe put him inserted kneeling behind him.

Lmao, they need a doll like that too, thered be a lot of money with that. Also I want shirts that say at least it's not the 90s.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is 81 years old. Cannot wait for the day he either retires or kicks the bucket, whichever comes first. I have never liked him as a fan and never will, and is the worst thing to ever happen upon the Bengals organization, the city as a pro team owner, and its fanbase.

When it comes to statues, ring of honors/hof, retiring jersey numbers, etc., he just doesnt care. He has never been proactive in trying to do what he can to give back to the fans unless he is cornered into it from a bad pr article or the like.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If they have pictures of all the old Pro Bowlers in the stadium why do they need to be in a ring?

Because pictures are cheap and other teams do much more to honor former players?

(11-04-2016, 01:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Mike's sole mission is to create as much wealth for his family as he can before he dies.  An admirable pursuit for an average man to be sure, but the last priority you want the owner of your favorite NFL team to possess.   

Years ago I read a quote from the owner of a sports team (can't remember exactly who it was). He said that when you own a sports franchise, you can't view it strictly as a business. You also have a public duty to your community and fans. Mike Brown has the opposite attitude. The fans and city are a necessary annoyance to him.

Honestly I think Mike Brown's attitude is at least partly why we have so many jaded fans. 

(11-04-2016, 01:31 PM)jason Wrote: This.

Only Anthony Munoz is deserving of any great recognition. His number isn't retired, but best believe nobody will ever wear 78 in a regular season game.

I have to strongly disagree. Not every player honored in team HOFs is a real HOFer and household name. Guys like Sean Casey are in the Reds HOF for Pete's sake. Team HOFs are meant to honor players who were important to the franchise and/or weren't quite great enough for the league's HOF. We have plenty of players who would fit that bill:

Kenny
Boomer
Wyche
Ickey
Chad 
Palmer
Housh
Corey
Fulcher
Leon
Curtis
Willie
Krumrie
Riley
etc etc

I don't think any true Bengals fan would have to Google these names. They deserve recognition and it would only help to build pride in our fanbase. I can't believe there's opposition to this, honestly. If we really have no players worth honoring, maybe Mikey should take down those posters he brags about.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 01:31 PM)jason Wrote: This.

Only Anthony Munoz is deserving of any great recognition. His number isn't retired, but best believe nobody will ever wear 78 in a regular season game.

(11-08-2016, 06:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Because pictures are cheap and other teams do much more to honor former players?

Years ago I read a quote from the owner of a sports team (can't remember exactly who it was). He said that when you own a sports franchise, you can't view it strictly as a business. You also have a public duty to your community and fans. Mike Brown has the opposite attitude. The fans and city are a necessary annoyance to him.

Honestly I think Mike Brown's attitude is at least partly why we have so many jaded fans. 

I have to strongly disagree. Not every player honored in team HOFs is a real HOFer and household name. Guys like Sean Casey are in the Reds HOF for Pete's sake. Team HOFs are meant to honor players who were important to the franchise and/or weren't quite great enough for the league's HOF. We have plenty of players who would fit that bill:

Kenny
Boomer
Wyche
Ickey
Chad 
Palmer
Housh
Corey
Fulcher
Leon
Curtis
Willie
Krumrie
Riley
etc etc

I don't think any true Bengals fan would have to Google these names. They deserve recognition and it would only help to build pride in our fanbase. I can't believe there's opposition to this, honestly. If we really have no players worth honoring, maybe Mikey should take down those posters he brags about.

I know being a Bengals fan makes us bias to greatness of our players...  but c'mon!

Most avid football fans, sportscasters, and sportswriters act like Montana and those 49ers were gods and legends to behold.

You know... the same 49ers who had to scratch and claw to beat some of those Bengal greats.

For someone to say Munoz is the only one deserving to be recognized by their own fan base?

Sorry, but that is just damn ridiculous in my book!

I like ya Jason and most of your posts but I gotta disagree with you on this one.

I have to agree with Shake and his list for starters. 

This is internal recognition to it's great players and those certainly were historically to the team.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think the team will do "something" next year for it's 50th season. What that is, no idea.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote