Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Hill Not Start?
Was it simply Hue's choice with the game plan or was he being punished?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
kept out the entire first quarter....he was in someone's doghouse

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I was a bit pissed off when Hill wasn't called upon for that 4th and short in the 1st quarter.
Reply/Quote
Hill is having a terrible year. Maybe he believed in his own hype? Gio didn't have a great 2nd year either and he came back this year and is doing terrific. Maybe Hill will do the same for the Bengals next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am thinking they want him hungry. He just doesn't have that spark that he used to! He has to show that he deserves that starting spot because he surely isn't acting like it.
Reply/Quote
Probably broke curfew and was held out for punishment. I remember Rudi was benched for the 1st quarter or 1st half against the Browns in 05 for breaking a team rule.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:49 AM)corpjet Wrote: Was it simply Hue's choice with the game plan or was he being punished?

[Image: Hoover+WindTunnel+Bagless+Upright+Vacuum.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:01 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hill is having a terrible year. Maybe he believed in his own hype? Gio didn't have a great 2nd year either and he came back this year and is doing terrific. Maybe Hill will do the same for the Bengals next year.

Bernard's YPC dropped 0.1 and his yards per catch dropped 1.1

Hill's YPC has dropped 1.7 and his yards per catch have dropped 2.4

Not really the same. Not to mention some of Gio's second year drop could be blamed on a hurt AJ, hurt Marvin, hurt Eifert. Hill doesn't really have that excuse.

Reply/Quote
Marv said "coach's decision" anyone surprised at that answer?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 05:51 PM)pally Wrote: Marv said "coach's decision"  anyone surprised at that answer?

No. It's typical Marv speak. Did he giggle when he said it?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Because Gio has been better for basically the entire year.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 07:11 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Because Gio has been better for basically the entire year.

Rep
Reply/Quote
Because Gio is the better back! Its not even close anymore!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hill is having a bad year.

Problem is, Gio isn't having a good one. I'd say about average. There are many, many other 3rd down back with better per touch numbers than him.

Bernard has 184 touches, 1111 yards and 2 TD.
Hill has 199 touches, 697 yards, 11 TD.

The run blocking has been a weakness for the Bengals, while the passing game has been a strength.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 01:27 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Hill is having a bad year.

Problem is, Gio isn't having a good one.  I'd say about average.  There are many, many other 3rd down back with better per touch numbers than him.

Bernard has 184 touches, 1111 yards and 2 TD.
Hill has 199 touches, 697 yards, 11 TD.

The run blocking has been a weakness for the Bengals, while the passing game has been a strength.

Bernard is having a very good year.  The problem is, he isn't seeing as many touches as some of the league leaders because the Bengals are still trying to get Hill going.  If you project his stats out to the other "feature backs" in the league, he's among the league leaders.  Every time he's been called upon this year, he's excelled.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hill is immature and needs to cut out his endzone celebrations until he catches up to Gio's YPC, case closed.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Slept in, missed meeting, says lap. On phone, sorry no link.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 01:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Bernard is having a very good year.  The problem is, he isn't seeing as many touches as some of the league leaders because the Bengals are still trying to get Hill going.  If you project his stats out to the other "feature backs" in the league, he's among the league leaders.  Every time he's been called upon this year, he's excelled.

On paper, yes.

I'd venture to say that the running game hasn't had the overall impact on offensive success as needed.

Bernard had a field day in the Seattle and Arizona games, where the Bengals fell behind multiple TD's and were forced to go away from their typical running game plan.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he is just having a sophomore slump as Matt Forte, Doug Martin, and I'm sure many other RBs did. I'm not holding my breath, but I hope.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:33 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: On paper, yes.

I'd venture to say that the running game hasn't had the overall impact on offensive success as needed.

Bernard had a field day in the Seattle and Arizona games, where the Bengals fell behind multiple TD's and were forced to go away from their typical running game plan.

Sure, if you want to discount players best games, then yes, they will look much worse. You can do that with literally any player. "Well if you take away this week and this week, when they were particularly good, they look much worse!"... you don't say. Still, you also forgot...

Week 2, where Bernard is the reason the Bengals won against the Chargers 24-19. Bernard had 20 carries, 123 yards (6.1 YPC), 3 catches, 16 yards.

He was also the only person on the entire team who showed up to Week 10 against Houston. 8 carries, 36 yards (4.5 YPC) and 5 catches, 43 yards. He was fighting for yardage, creating yards out of nowhere, and really the only positive on the team that week.

Honestly, the Bengals haven't played that many close games if you start excluding games like Seattle and Arizona. So you're really limiting the number of games you'll "allow" people to use as proof to only like 3-4, which Bernard still was big in the majority of. Last I heard, Bernard was also among league leaders at YPC after contact.

Long story short, you're wrong and Bernard is having a very good year.

Reply/Quote