Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did fish move onto land?
(03-19-2017, 08:31 PM)xxlt Wrote: We get into economics a little too. So, how about S&M and P&R?

For sure. I love P&R but sometimes the rhetoric gets stale and repetitive. I bet there'd be a lot of great discussion and participation in a Science/Math based sub-forum. And the best part is that it wouldn't have to be kept separate from the rest of the board like P&R is LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2017, 07:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I always wondered why we really don't see any type of fish evolving to live on land in the present day. It never made sense that the same evolution that happened previously wasn't still going on today.

[Image: THREE+EYED+FISH+BLINKY+2.gif]
(03-19-2017, 07:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I always wondered why we really don't see any type of fish evolving to live on land in the present day. It never made sense that the same evolution that happened previously wasn't still going on today.

If the "to escape predators" theory is considered it would make sense that once the human predator entered the equation the water would go back to being safer.

Yes, I am aware there will be "Predator" images and discussion probably now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-20-2017, 09:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: If the "to escape predators" theory is considered it would make sense that once the human predator entered the equation the water would go back to being safer.

If you insist on that type of picture....

[Image: GTY_bill_clinton_now_02_jef_150306.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Why did man go to the moon? Because he could.
(03-19-2017, 08:50 PM)treee Wrote: For sure. I love P&R but sometimes the rhetoric gets stale and repetitive. I bet there'd be a lot of great discussion and participation in a Science/Math based sub-forum. And the best part is that it wouldn't have to be kept separate from the rest of the board like P&R is LOL

M is for Money! Wink
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(03-20-2017, 09:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: If the "to escape predators" theory is considered it would make sense that once the human predator entered the equation the water would go back to being safer.

Yeah, if you ignore the presence of Aquamen! You don't mean to tell me you ignore, or worse yet deny, the existence of Aquamen do you? Where do you think Aqua Velva came from? Duh, the Aquamen!

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
[Image: 8f3da.jpg]
(03-20-2017, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: 8f3da.jpg]

Fake car emblem.
(03-20-2017, 09:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: If the "to escape predators" theory is considered it would make sense that once the human predator entered the equation the water would go back to being safer., I am aware there will be "Predator" images and discussion probably now.

Humans didnt enter the equation for many millions of years.
(03-21-2017, 07:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: Humans didnt enter the equation for many millions of years.

I was referring to why we might not have seen fish evolving now.  New predators on land too (humans).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.