Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did we draft a Michael Johnson clone in round 3?
Don't see how he's the same as MJ.Hes gonna be good for us.How he was there in the 3rd blows my mind.Personally pumped for the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:59 AM)TKUHL Wrote: NATE!!!! You still mad at me for not agreeing with you on the Kevin Hart, I mean John Ross selection. I told you I would get on board with the pick if we landed Mixon or Kamara. Well we got them and Willis as a bonus. I'm starting to like the way is turning out.

Just a little bit. Whatever

Yeah it is looking pretty damn good my friend. :andy:
Reply/Quote
Yep. I don't see MJ comparisons. Everyone saw him going late in the first round to the Steelers, and we got him in the third. I like it.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:03 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Bodine is still under contract and they just signed TJ Johnson to an extension.  I know fans are hoping we take a center, but the Bengals have made no indications that they consider the position an area of need.  At least not in the earlier rounds.

Any center drafted before the 4th round is a wasted pick in Mikey Brown's eyes. And after Zietler wanted market value I see the OG getting the same disdainful sneer from the grand fart master Mikey boy.

We selected an MJ clone to replace MJ.

We selected Mixon because his running style gave Mikey Brown flash backs of Corey Dillion. When I saw the clips of Mixon running the first back that came to mind for me was Dillion. This draft reminds me of the 90s, I'm afraid to say - risky picks in hopes of hitting a grandslam. And Mike Brown's track record using his strategy is about 10 strikeouts per home run - not good. The not so good part is that the team passed on better overall players when you account for smarts, attitude, health and talent. Talking about the first two rounds here, not the Willis pick.

Ross may very well start 16 games in each of the next 3 years or his injuries may just follow him to the NFL. Risky for a top 10 pick. We only need to look back to 2015 when we selected Ogbuehi in the 1st - his injuries followed him and he not only hasn't shown he can do the job, he's shown that he can't do the job. Mikey boy's response was to try and prove to one and all that the team was right to select Ogbuehi by low balling Whit and sending him packing. Look at the confidence we have in Oggieboggie boy, never mind his 11 failed starts.

Mixon may turn out to be a Cory Dillion clone or he very well could be another Lawrence Phillips. Risky. A pure roll of the dice cause I can assure you that this team has no idea how this guy is going to react to some drunk girl in a bar who gets in his face for woman beating. Risky.

Typical 90s Mike Brown draft in the first two round this year, roll the dice while kneeling down reciting the Lord's Prayer 20 times and using the weejee board to confirm a player's future. I swear that's how Mikey boy made selections in the 90s. It was pure desperation back in the 90s and we drafted with lots of "ifs" attached to players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:27 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Any center drafted before the 4th round is a wasted pick in Mikey Brown's eyes. And after Zietler wanted market value I see the OG getting the same disdainful sneer from the grand fart master Mikey boy.

Bullshit, look at the player and take your Mikey Boy shades off Chris.

Jordan Willis is a great pass rusher and a great run stopper, the best in this class.

If you cannot see this you are blinded just the same as the Bengal homers are for Paul Alexander.

This has been a great draft so far, arguably the best WR, RB and DE.

Don't cry about it. The coaches are what they are, Marv and PA should be fired, but they weren't.

Regardless we are having a great draft and Simmons, Urban and Guenther are good coaches.

Burney maybe too being as last year was his first year as D-line coach.
Reply/Quote
If he's an MJ clone he's a clone with better speed.
Reply/Quote
Forget off field problems sit down and relax and think about the talent we've acquired it's been best draft we've had on paper at least in years
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:40 AM)Joelist Wrote: If he's an MJ clone he's a clone with better speed.

And isn't a standing tree.

This guy is a versatile DE that can rush the passer and stop the run.

MJ is a good backup rotational End though, i truly believe that, MJ don't take any offense but Dunlap knows how to bend.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:33 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bullshit, look at the player and take your Mikey Boy shades off Chris.

Jordan Willis is a great pass rusher and a great run stopper, the best in this class.

If you cannot see this you are blinded just the same as the Bengal homers are for Paul Alexander.

This has been a great draft so far, arguably the best WR, RB and DE.

Don't cry about it. The coaches are what they are, Marv and PA should be fired, but they weren't.

Regardless we are having a great draft and Simmons, Urban and Guenther are good coaches.

Burney maybe too being as last year was his first year as D-line coach.

I love the Willis pick. I'm just pointing out why we didn't select a C. We were never going to select a C even if one fell to us.

Truly I believe the Willis pick has been our best pick in this draft so far. Great value, top player, fills a need.

Reply/Quote
I'll take MJs career in round 3 in any draft

I'm ok with saying ppl have slowed down but MJ has been solid his whole career but had probably 2 pro bowl caliber years
Reply/Quote
Seems like Willis has better technical skill. They praised his Football instincts more than MJ. MJ seems like he had the better prospect (the dude is a freak of nature) that being said, the athletic portion, not really much of a difference (if any). They seem identical.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:27 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We haven't had a good Center since Braham.

Cook was good before he got injured.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:00 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Why not take the best center on the board?  I don't get it.

He was the Big 12 DPOY and is productive rushing the passer. You can NEVER have too many pass rushers.

Guys like Clarke and Hunt have underperformed and Hunt left.
Reply/Quote
Jordan Willis is his own person with his own skill set and potential. Pretty naive just to call him a clone.

Is OP against taking all DEs or just "clones"?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:27 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Any center drafted before the 4th round is a wasted pick in Mikey Brown's eyes. And after Zietler wanted market value I see the OG getting the same disdainful sneer from the grand fart master Mikey boy.

We selected Mixon because his running style gave Mikey Brown flash backs of Corey Dillion. When I saw the clips of Mixon running the first back that came to mind for me was Dillion. This draft reminds me of the 90s, I'm afraid to say - risky picks in hopes of hitting a grandslam. And Mike Brown's track record using his strategy is about 10 strikeouts per home run - not good. The not so good part is that the team passed on better overall players when you account for smarts, attitude, health and talent. Talking about the first two rounds here, not the Willis pick.

Ross may very well start 16 games in each of the next 3 years or his injuries may just follow him to the NFL. Risky for a top 10 pick. We only need to look back to 2015 when we selected Ogbuehi in the 1st - his injuries followed him and he not only hasn't shown he can do the job, he's shown that he can't do the job. Mikey boy's response was to try and prove to one and all that the team was right to select Ogbuehi by low balling Whit and sending him packing. Look at the confidence we have in Oggieboggie boy, never mind his 11 failed starts.

Mixon may turn out to be a Cory Dillion clone or he very well could be another Lawrence Phillips. Risky. A pure roll of the dice cause I can assure you that this team has no idea how this guy is going to react to some drunk girl in a bar who gets in his face for woman beating. Risky.

Typical 90s Mike Brown draft in the first two round this year, roll the dice while kneeling down reciting the Lord's Prayer 20 times and using the weejee board to confirm a player's future. I swear that's how Mikey boy made selections in the 90s. It was pure desperation back in the 90s and we drafted with lots of "ifs" attached to players.

You're thinking too hard about it. The 90s are over.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:41 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bodine was also just given a pay increase and had his best season, they loved him in the draft theres no way after he starts to make them look good are they gonna draft his replacement.  If bodine has another healthy year i expect another jump in his play and thats what we need.

As for Willis and this Draft.  We have Killed it.  This all of course is my opinion but we landed the fastest player in football history to couple with aj green a hall of famer already...We Drafted IMO the best running back in the draft in the second round, and in the third we adressed what was my biggest concern in Jordan willis who consistantly was mocked early in the second and snuck into the first round.  Willis will start day 1 and rotate with michael which will make him better.  Im hoping we turn around here in the 4th and snage Carl Lawson and then im happy on the defensive line.  Love the trade as well.. we are stacked in this 4th tmrw
Exactly! Good post!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:13 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I love the Willis pick. I'm just pointing out why we didn't select a C. We were never going to select a C even if one fell to us.

Truly I believe the Willis pick has been our best pick in this draft so far. Great value, top player, fills a need.
I love all the picks.Very good draft so far.
Reply/Quote

They are definitely high risk/high reward picks. We've typically gotten burned on these type in the past with guys like Thurman/Henry.

This is a different batch though...so we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:27 AM)BengalChris Wrote:  This draft reminds me of the 90s, I'm afraid to say - risky picks in hopes of hitting a grandslam. And Mike Brown's track record using his strategy is about 10 strikeouts per home run - not good. 

The Bengals don't really draft that many more risky players than any other team in the league.

And when they do take guys with some red flags they have had some success.

Dillon
Ochocinco
Peter Warrick
AJ Green
Frostee Rucker
Hill
Josh Shaw
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals don't really draft that many more risky players than any other team in the league.

And when they do take guys with some red flags they have had some success.

Dillon
Ochocinco
Peter Warrick
AJ Green
Frostee Rucker
Hill
Josh Shaw

This is so true.  The only difference is the way the media reacts to it.  If Pittsburgh drafted Mixon the media would have been praising their compassion.  
Reply/Quote