Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uzomah, Hopkins, and Hart...Oh My!
Ahhh... the old 'Let's wait and see...'

It took a while for someone to type it out.

As if another new line coach will make Hart great.
Reply/Quote
I never said any coach would make Hart great but we haven't even got through the first week of FA or the draft and everyone is convince this guy is our starting RT and the O-Line is going to be the exact same guys that played last year.
Year after Year people sit here waiting on the FO to suddenly rush out on the first day or first few days of FA and sign a game changing FA that is going to make a difference and then go into a meltdown when it doesn't happen or we sign one of our own players that we really shouldn't.

What was that great saying about The Definition of Stupidity again????
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:31 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I never said any coach would make Hart great but we haven't even got through the first week of FA or the draft and everyone is convince this guy is our starting RT and the O-Line is going to be the exact same guys that played last year.
Year after Year people sit here waiting on the FO to suddenly rush out on the first day or first few days of FA and sign a game changing FA that is going to make a difference and then go into a meltdown when it doesn't happen or we sign one of our own players that we really shouldn't.

What was that great saying about The Definition of Stupidity again????

Do u actually think they paid bobby 7 mil a year to be a backup??  Post of the year.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 08:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: To me this indicates an early round RT is going to be drafted.

Keep Hart on as insurance for years to come, use the rookie on a limited basis until he has proven he can handle the load.

Not sure on the details of Hart's contract, but I would have to assume that a savvy negotiator has an out clause after 1-2 years to make this plan happen.

Hart won't be here for long, but we want to cover our basis with a 'meh' player while we test water with a rookie. Just my opinion, otherwise I'm not sure why we pay Hart quite so much. Does he have some unknown connection with Jim Taylor?

WTH. Why would anyone pay a back up 7 million a year. Makes zero sense. No sense at all
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:48 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Do u actually think they paid bobby 7 mil a year to be a backup??  Post of the year.

Did I say that also? No i don't think I did!
I said people on here are convinced he is our starting RT we will end up with the exact same O-Line as last year, I also said that we need to wait and see. If he is the starter, so what?
Until we know exactly who is lining up where and what scheme we are playing we need to relax.
The problem is that he had Marvelous Marv for about 4 years to long, we finally get a new HC and coaching team in the building and everyone thinks the FO are suddenly going to change the way they do business overnight.
I said previously that nothing will change until Mike Brown is gone but realistically, Nothing with change in the way we do business until the whole Brown Family have left the building for good
Reply/Quote
Who they should have signed was Hart's agent.. He worked a miracle for the man.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think I’m most annoyed that the biggest FA we got in Dennard hasn’t been resigned yet.

This.  I keep hearing about him wanting outside corner money and the Bengals want to pay him slot CB money.  I think you could argue that they are of equal importance in the game today.  Dennard is a critical piece.  I hope they get him back.  If not, they will jerk off over a 3rd round compensatory.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  I keep hearing about him wanting outside corner money and the Bengals want to pay him slot CB money.  I think you could argue that they are of equal importance in the game today.  Dennard is a critical piece.  I hope they get him back.  If not, they will jerk off over a 3rd round compensatory.  

And it's no guarantee he'd bring a 3rd. I'm guessing a 4th now with how much money has been spent in FA. 
Reply/Quote
Waaaa waaaaa waaaaaa. The whining is overwhelming. First off, resigning Hopkins and Uzo were a given. Trey proved he can play center if needed, and do it pretty well. The more line spots you can play, the more valuable you are. While I was not a huge Uzo fan, he stepped up last year and put up some pretty good performances, playing through injury when no one else was left. Good for him, I'm glad we rewarded that. Hart is a head scratcher, but Turner knows a whole lot more about line play than I do. He wanted him back for a reason, I suppose he thinks he can fix his liabilities. But bottom line, no one knows the details of his contract yet, so there is nothing to complain about. There could have been more money in the contract due to a lessor signing bonus and an easy out for the team if he doesn't perform. There's no need to jump ship just because there is an iceberg warning.... wait till we hit the darned thing. Free agency is just getting to the point where the ridiculous money players are gone, and the bargains start to emerge.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Waaaa waaaaa waaaaaa. The whining is overwhelming. First off, resigning Hopkins and Uzo were a given. Trey proved he can play center if needed, and do it pretty well. The more line spots you can play, the more valuable you are. While I was not a huge Uzo fan, he stepped up last year and put up some pretty good performances, playing through injury when no one else was left. Good for him, I'm glad we rewarded that. Hart is a head scratcher, but Turner knows a whole lot more about line play than I do. He wanted him back for a reason, I suppose he thinks he can fix his liabilities. But bottom line, no one knows the details of his contract yet, so there is nothing to complain about. There could have been more money in the contract due to a lessor signing bonus and an easy out for the team if he doesn't perform. There's no need to jump ship just because there is an iceberg warning.... wait till we hit the darned thing. Free agency is just getting to the point where the ridiculous money players are gone, and the bargains start to emerge.

Finally, someone else talking sense.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:22 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Did I say that also? No i don't think I did!
I said people on here are convinced he is our starting RT we will end up with the exact same O-Line as last year, I also said that we need to wait and see. If he is the starter, so what?
Until we know exactly who is lining up where and what scheme we are playing we need to relax.
The problem is that he had Marvelous Marv for about 4 years to long, we finally get a new HC and coaching team in the building and everyone thinks the FO are suddenly going to change the way they do business overnight.
I said previously that nothing will change until Mike Brown is gone but realistically, Nothing with change in the way we do business until the whole Brown Family have left the building for good

Not sure who or what your talking about 4 years with Marvin. But as we stand right now we will have the same offensive line we had last year. The most obvious spot to upgrade was right tackle. Where all we had to do was let Hart walk n either draft a replacement or sign anyone other that Hart.
Reply/Quote
I sort of feel bad for Hopkins really. He's worth the money we're paying and doesn't deserve to be in this conversation.

Uzo was productive for us. I'd still say we overpaid for him by at least $3 million this year (and the Bills overpaid for Kroft) but he did produce. If that was the worst signing I could live with it (maybe he'd be featured more this year). But $7 million for a tackle who should never play another snap for us is...this just sucks.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Not sure who or what your talking about 4 years with Marvin.  But as we stand right now we will have the same offensive line we had last year.  The most obvious spot to upgrade was right tackle.  Where all we had to do was let Hart walk n either draft a replacement or sign anyone other that Hart.

As we stand right now we will have the same O-Line? Yes, 2 days into free agency and no where near the draft.
Did everyone on here that are complaining expect us to rush out and sign 5 starting O-Line men in the first day of free agency?
The Bengals were never ones for rushing out in the first couple of days and throwing money at players, they wait and see what players are available after the initial frenzy is over, did anyone really expect anything to be different?
I agree the Hart deal was a surprise and the figures were a shock but reading reports today the deal only guarantees £5m in the first year and we can cut him for £1-2m dead money.
Obviously the new coaches think they can do something with Hart just as Zac mentioned Dalton is ideal for the scheme he wants to play.
We will just need to wait and see.

Reply/Quote
So you think we can pull 5 new starters from the draft?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 06:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you think we can pull 5 new starters from the draft?

No i never said that mate, but we won't sign 5 in the first 2 days of FA, we also don't need 5.
Glen and Price are our starters for sure, I would like to see Westerman get a chance and we can get another 2 or 3 through FA and the Draft
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:48 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Do u actually think they paid bobby 7 mil a year to be a backup??  Post of the year.

Bengals.com basically says he's the starter. Turner raves about him.
Reply/Quote