Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does MJ Start over XSF?
MJ had a pass blocking grade of 7.1 against the Dolphins! 7! They took him out and put XSF in after Allen got injured.

WHY does MJ keep starting? Why?

Then, there is this blurb about the Burrow injury. 9 pressures allowed by 1 player. There is always an amount of freak accident in any injury, but when you keep playing a guy that gives up that many pressures, it increases the chances exponentially. AND with a health XSF, they STILL START MJ!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: MJ had a pass blocking grade of 7.1 against the Dolphins! 7! They took him out and put XSF in after Allen got injured.

Then, there is this blurb about the Burrow injury. 9 pressures allowed by 1 player. There is always an amount of freak accident in any injury, but when you keep playing a guy that gives up that many pressures, it increases the chances exponentially. AND with a health XSF, they STILL START MJ!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Because Turner and Taylor are bleeping idiots
Reply/Quote
Just a guess: money.

We're paying hart twice as much. So either: the coaches are being told to play him or the coaches who encouraged the signing are trying to get him to live up to the contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Just a guess: money.

We're paying hart twice as much. So either: the coaches are being told to play him or the coaches who encouraged the signing are trying to get him to live up to the contract.

MJ is not short for Hart
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The only thing I can think of is Zac and MJ have a secret torrid romance going on. He is literally the worst Guard I have ever seen (and that is after having to watch Nate Livings and Fred Johnson out there) and XSF played well before he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: MJ is not short for Hart

Whoops.

Was reading a hart thread before this one. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: MJ had a pass blocking grade of 7.1 against the Dolphins! 7! They took him out and put XSF in after Allen got injured.

I said in another thread, I think part of it is Zac's ego and stubbornness. Starting Jordan over a healthy XSF was asinine, but Zac's trying to prove his way is the right way...evidence to the contrary be damned.
Reply/Quote
That’s Zac’s boy. He drafted him, and he’s going to continue to give him a longer leash than he should because of it.

Reply/Quote
Injuries are bad luck, but the chances of that bad luck increase when certain factors are tweaked. Such as the quality of the players around them and the play calling.

At this point I'm not sure why MJ is still starting. It may just be stubbornness on the coaches' part because they traded up to draft him, so he must be good (in their eyes, because they think they're actually good coaches). Of course, if they took some time to self evaluate, they'd probably end up just quitting because their ineptitude is so blatantly obvious the only way they couldn't agree is bias/lack of self awareness.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:13 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I said in another thread, I think part of it is Zac's ego and stubbornness. Starting Jordan over a healthy XSF was asinine, but Zac's trying to prove his way is the right way...evidence to the contrary be damned.

And the Washington game...I read people say...WHO would they start over MJ? We have no one better.

Well, we traded for BJ Finney. Finney was a spot starter on some pretty good Steelers offensive lines. Unless he's hurt or something, I think we don't even activate him most games.

He HAS to be better than Jordan just based on his past play with the Steelers.

MJ reminds me of a worse version of Bodine who they keep starting and starting hoping that he improves.

Heck, Price likely wouldn't give up THAT MANY pressures against Washington!

But, you see a guy giving up that many pressures...WHY keep throwing so much? Why not run more? When you do throw, why not short, quick passes?
Reply/Quote
Don’t want to start the progress of our franchise guard guys. Gotta get those reps do tge light comes on.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s Zac’s boy. He drafted him, and he’s going to continue to give him a longer leash than he should because of it.

That's a big thing in sports and why coaches make bad GM's in a lot of cases. Not that Zac is the GM here, but who knows how much pull he had on these picks. Sample looks totally like a ZT pick as the Rams took a TE that was similar in the 2nd or 3rd Round one year I believe. <--I mention this to show that Taylor may have more of a role in these drafts than people think. Who knows?

But, coaches continue to play underperforming players (like MJ) that they drafted to show that they were right...to the detriment of the team.

Interestingly, the 1st year of FA, people put that on the front office and they ultimately write the checks, but the signed a lot of scrubs that played for these coaches former teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Just a guess: money.

Hart has only allowed 3 sacks this year.  We have no one better to replace him with.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's a big thing in sports and why coaches make bad GM's in a lot of cases. Not that Zac is the GM here, but who knows how much pull he had on these picks. Sample looks totally like a ZT pick as the Rams took a TE that was similar in the 2nd or 3rd Round one year I believe.

But, coaches continue to play underperforming players that they drafted to show that they were right...to the detriment of the team.

Who should be starting in front of Sample?
Reply/Quote
XSF is being worked slowly back. I expect he'll see more snaps this coming weekend, possibly start.
What is more of a head scratcher is why not try BJ Finney, who has had a 70+ pass blocking grade every year he's been in the league, until XSF was fully back. Finney can play all IOL positions too, he isn't only a C.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:13 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I said in another thread, I think part of it is Zac's ego and stubbornness. Starting Jordan over a healthy XSF was asinine, but Zac's trying to prove his way is the right way...evidence to the contrary be damned.

Agree, it's just like bringing Finley back.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: XSF is being worked slowly back. I expect he'll see more snaps this coming weekend, possibly start.
What is more of a head scratcher is why not try BJ Finney, who has had a 70+ pass blocking grade every year he's been in the league, until XSF was fully back. Finney can play all IOL positions too, he isn't only a C.

Yeah, the only game Finney shouldn't have played Washington was I think he was out with Covid restrictions, and Redmond had a biceps injury. After that, it makes no sense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, the only game Finney shouldn't have played Washington was I think he was out with Covid restrictions, and Redmond had a biceps injury. After that, it makes no sense.

I don't expect him to be a star, but the dude played on a good Steelers line and held his own. He was considered a valuable swing backup there.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't expect him to be a star, but the dude played on a good Steelers line and held his own. He was considered a valuable swing backup there.

Yeah, he should be out there over Jordan, no question. I don't think he was available for the Washington game, and Redmond was dinged up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

No wonder Mikey Boy likes Zac so much!
Reply/Quote