Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why does Zac hate running the ball?
Why do the Bengals hate running the ball? I yelled it so much my wife left the room in the second quarter to watch reruns of the Big Bang Theory in bed. That last run Mixon got 7 on 1st down, why do we pass on 2nd and 3rd? I thought having 3 backups on the line ment run more to take pressure off them? Sometimes I feel he over thinks. I loved the QB keep when Burrow ran for a chunk. Why did we not run more of those plays? Defenses (Baltiwhore included) leave a vacuum in the middle of the field but we hope Burrow picks apart 7-8 man zone coverage. Mixon is paid a ton, give him the ball or send him packing!!!
Reply/Quote
We don't have the personnell for it.

You want the ball in your best player's hands.
Reply/Quote
It's the modern nfl. You pass...a lot.
Reply/Quote
Let Joe Cook
Reply/Quote
Because our o line was dominated tonight.

The run game was going no where.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals run offense is poorly schemed has been for 4 years. Even if you like Frank Pollack as an Offensive Line "teacher" they need to find somone to help with the run scheme. It's so very painfully obvious.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Jojo the Circus BoyWhy do the Bengals hate running the ball? I yelled it so much my wife left the room in the second quarter to watch reruns of the Big Bang Theory in bed. That last run Mixon got 7 on 1st down, why do we pass on 2nd and 3rd? I thought having 3 backups on the line ment run more to take pressure off them? Sometimes I feel he over thinks. I loved the QB keep when Burrow ran for a chunk. Why did we not run more of those plays? Defenses (Baltiwhore included) leave a vacuum in the middle of the field but we hope Burrow picks apart 7-8 man zone coverage. Mixon is paid a ton, give him the ball or send him packing!!!

Know the exact play you are talking about because I was thinking "run it run it get the first"..two downs (three if you throw in 4th down) to get 3 yards in the afc conf game with Perine or Mixon? Should have been a no brainer but nope lets try some hero throws down the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:33 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Because our o line was dominated tonight.

Except Mixon had just gotten seven on first down.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:39 AM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Except Mixon had just gotten seven on first down.

Yes, the Bengals had 4.1 per carry, chiefs 2.1 per carry. If I'm a coach, I ride that to the SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:39 AM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Except Mixon had just gotten seven on first down.

Had 8 carries for 18yds before that 7yd run. Mixon hasn’t done his job most of the year. When he was out, we ran with Perine because we were getting results. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Had 8 carries for 18yds before that 7yd run. Mixon hasn’t done his job most of the year. When he was out, we ran with Perine because we were getting results. 

The fact that Mixon's numbers were inflated by a 7 yard run is pretty grim in itself.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Had 8 carries for 18yds before that 7yd run. Mixon hasn’t done his job most of the year. When he was out, we ran with Perine because we were getting results. 

I agree, that and the better pass blocking.  But still, why not run with Perine? Or use Perine as an extra blocker and run Joe into the vacuum in the middle? I know he isn't a healthy Lamar, but at 240lb fullback makes small runners happy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:57 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I agree, that and the better pass blocking.  But still, why not run with Perine? Or use Perine as an extra blocker and run Joe into the vacuum in the middle? I know he isn't a healthy Lamar, but at 240lb fullback makes small runners happy

I was hoping for a rb committee. But since Mixons return and sharing some Carrie’s with Perine, it hasn’t improved. 

Reply/Quote
I have always assumed that Burrow is frequently audibling out of running plays.

Reply/Quote
Same reason why Zac called 3 straight passes behind the LoS after a turnover to put them in 4th and 6. He's not a good playcaller. The Bengals run game also sucks, so I understand not focusing on it, but they were getting some good gains there on the ground with Perine and they just never really went back to it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I really hate these threads when it is very obvious the line just wasnt making holes
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:27 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: Why do the Bengals hate running the ball? I yelled it so much my wife left the room in the second quarter to watch reruns of the Big Bang Theory in bed. That last run Mixon got 7 on 1st down, why do we pass on 2nd and 3rd? I thought having 3 backups on the line ment run more to take pressure off them? Sometimes I feel he over thinks. I loved the QB keep when Burrow ran for a chunk. Why did we not run more of those plays? Defenses (Baltiwhore included) leave a vacuum in the middle of the field but we hope Burrow picks apart 7-8 man zone coverage. Mixon is paid a ton, give him the ball or send him packing!!!

It called game plan  trend  of nfl, kc did not run it much. He ran it a good amount last week though
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:33 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Because our o line was dominated tonight.

That’s correct. With the original unhurt offensive line the Bengals ran the ball much better. When Alex Cappa returns you’ll see the rushing attack magically “improve.”
Reply/Quote
Mixon's pay to production ratio this year wasn't exactly Matt Flynn levels of bad, but it wasn't good.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:13 AM)Housh Wrote: I really hate these threads when it is very obvious the line just wasnt making holes

I hate them too when it's after the running game was just absolutely not working for any RB, but Perine averaged 4.4ypc. He only got 5 carries. 

5 (1st down) 
7 (1st down)
2 (TD)

He only had 1 carry in each quarter except the 3rd where he got 2.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote