Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does our defense look so bad?
(08-21-2017, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If this actually happened, I would actually follow a different team.

You wouldn't. You follow a team who's defacto GM hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years. Who's coach is 0-7 in the playoffs. Who claims that they have no money in free agency due to it being spent on various items...then ends up with $18.6 million cap space.

You'd tolerate Alexander.

People would be like: He's the fresh blood we need! He has produced great lineman!

Rinse. Repeat.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 03:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You wouldn't. You follow a team who's defacto GM hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years. Who's coach is 0-7 in the playoffs. Who claims that they have no money in free agency due to it being spent on various items...then ends up with $18.6 million cap space.

You'd tolerate Alexander.

People would be like: He's the fresh blood we need! He has produced great lineman!

Rinse. Repeat.

[Image: Dj74i6p.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I knew you'd post that graphic.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 10:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I tried to warn this when Hobspin was talking about how he'll bring speed to the LBs and such, but Fred and a couple others bought it hook, line, and sinker, and started regurgitating it.

I don't know how anyone bought that he was going to be fast. He ran a 4.81 and he's like 250lbs. My expectations for him are a slightly upgraded Maualuga, most of that upgrade coming from him being 10lbs lighter and 4 years younger than Maualuga.

Same with Vigil. He ran a 4.72 at 240lbs. He did well at the cone and shuttle, but that's not going to help him if he needs to cover a crossing pattern or dart out wide to cover a screen or catch a RB going wide.

For reference, if they were in the 2017 combine:
4.81 would be 20th out of the 22 LBs.
4.72 would be tied for 14th out of 22 LBs.
Don't pay too much attention to a straight line 40 yard time for LB's and covering receivers.  Football is more about the ability to read and react than it is speed.  No doubt speed is important but technique and football IQ moreso.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote