Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Why doesn't my new gas can have a vent?
I've had my gas can for 20 years, but it was time for a new one. I picked one up, and not only did I have to assemble the spout, but there's no vent. Why you would make a can with no vent is beyond me, but is there some trick to making it work?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've had my gas can for 20 years, but it was time for a new one.  I picked one up, and not only did I have to assemble the spout, but there's no vent.  Why you would make a can with no vent is beyond me, but is there some trick to making it work?

Your probably going to need some light to see where the problem is.  I suggest a good match.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
There's probably a release on the spout you assembled. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Is it plastic?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
There's already a vent thread started here in klotsch.
Reply/Quote
The new cans are crap. Pick up a few used ones at yard sales. They will be cheaper and much easier to use.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've had my gas can for 20 years, but it was time for a new one.  I picked one up, and not only did I have to assemble the spout, but there's no vent.  Why you would make a can with no vent is beyond me, but is there some trick to making it work?

the lack of vents is due to new federal safety regulations designed to prevent fumes escaping during storage or something like that.  I guess lot of people left the vent cap open.  

But here is how you fix it.

Reply/Quote
Ima go ahead and merge this with the vent thread.

Mellow

Mod humor. Laugh or I will ban you.

But before I do, there should be a button on the handle so you can "release" the handle. When you do, I believe it opens a diaphragm.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 09:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Ima go ahead and merge this with the vent thread.

Mellow

Mod humor. Laugh or I will ban you.

But before I do, there should be a button on the handle so you can "release" the handle. When you do, I believe it opens a diaphragm.

Oh there's a dryer vent thread on the way.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: the lack of vents is due to new federal safety regulations designed to prevent fumes escaping during storage or something like that.  I guess lot of people left the vent cap open.  

But here is how you fix it.

Shoulda figured there would be a video. Thanks.

Reply/Quote