Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why doesnt this front office show a sense of urgency??
Ive been watching a couple interviews from Tobin and Taylor
Of late and their laid back loddy doddy attitudes are alarning
To me.

They both act like everything is so well and good in Bengaland.
They give off no.sense of urgency it feels like to win
Now at this moment, now, this season.

I have not heard either of them say " I need to be better at my job
Im not doing good enough as our over the last 2 years reflects
That etc etc etc."

Neither of them are on the hot seat now and thats not good.
They act like once Burrow recovers and heals winning here we come!

Any other franchise would have removed this pair of clowns
In the off season.

Meanwhile Tobin is sitting on his hands while teams like
The Ravens are not content and are adding pieces as I type.
Reply/Quote
On Zeitler, he has been here before it very simply could have been he had no interest in coming back here. The other factor is with his age he may have wanted to chase a ring, and Baltimore gives him a better shot to do that than we do.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 10:16 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Ive been watching a couple interviews from Tobin and Taylor
Of late and their laid back loddy doddy attitudes are alarning
To me.

They both act like everything is so well and good in Bengaland.
They give off no.sense of urgency it feels like to win
Now at this moment, now, this season.

I have not heard either of them say " I need to be better at my job
Im not doing good enough as our over the last 2 years reflects
That etc etc etc."

Neither of them are on the hot seat now and thats not good.
They act like once Burrow recovers and heals winning here we come!

Any other franchise would have removed this pair of clowns
In the off season.

Meanwhile Tobin is sitting on his hands while teams like
The Ravens are not content and are adding pieces as I type.

What percentage of the population do you see being those that continuously strive to improve themselves, especially when they have job security?

From my observations, it's not the majority of people.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It must be nice to know that you could probably show up to work and light the building on fire, and that you'd still retain your position. 
Reply/Quote
Free Agency Legal Tampering Period opens at noon.

Edit: The Legal Tampering Period is such BS considering we will get deal announcements as early as noon. The League pretends it takes a 30 second phone convo to set up a contract we know can take at least a week.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It is better not to look like you are panicking or acting out of sheer desperation when dealing with free agents.

Even if you are panicking or acting out of sheer desperation you don't show it to the public. That is a mistake only amateurs would make. Player agents would eat them alive in negotiations.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 10:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What percentage of the population do you see being those that continuously strive to improve themselves, especially when they have job security?

From my observations, it's not the majority of people.

Better question... what percentage of owners continue to watch their employees fail at their job who have no incentive to do better and do nothing about it and give them job security.
Reply/Quote
FA is a two-way street.

Perhaps Zeitler simply did not want to come back? After all, the team let him walk in the first place so he might not have been keen to return to a team that "devalued" him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 12:01 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Better question... what percentage of owners continue to watch their employees fail at their job who have no incentive to do better and do nothing about it and give them job security.

I would assume most/all companies do performance evaluations, but from my experiences, different managers evaluate their talent differently, even within the same company. It's possible that the Bengals FO feels Tobin, Taylor, etc. are doing some things well and making (small) improvements, and as such doesn't want to pull the plug.

Also, as we know, Mike Brown doesn't have the same opinions as the fans. If he thinks his team is doing fine or at least making some improvements, that's all that matters. Fan opinion doesn't matter until it starts affecting profits.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Unless you work at the Front Office, you really have no idea what kind of sense of urgency is going on there. They could be running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get deals together for all we know. Never let them see you sweat.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Unless you work at the Front Office, you really have no idea what kind of sense of urgency is going on there. They could be running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get deals together for all we know. Never let them see you sweat.

But going off how Tobin and Taylor come off in interviews 
And how they never have said "I have to improve"

Zac could go 3  and 13 and have that stupid smile at the end of the year and say we are making progress we have a plan !!
Reply/Quote
Never let them see you sweat.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Never let them see you sweat.

Yeah I know. Play poker face 
Reply/Quote
Bengals free agency has been disappointing. It's been 10 minutes and they havent signed a pass rusher, offensive line, WR and a corner.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 12:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: And how they never have said "I have to improve"

I bet I could find a dozen quotes from Taylor about having to improve this yera.  you are crazy if you claim he never said that.

(03-15-2021, 12:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zac could go 3  and 13 and have that stupid smile at the end of the year and say we are making progress we have a plan !!

That is exactly what EVERY coach in the league says.  And this is not the same as saying "We don't have to improve".   Have you ever heard any NFL head coach say "This is hopeless and I have no plan."
Reply/Quote
I remember this same kind of worries last year and then all the sudden they signed Waynes, Reader, Alexander, Bynes, etc.
Reply/Quote
It seems like every time I think about how long its been since the Bengals won their last playoff game I get frustrated.How is this even possible,that you go that length of time without a playoff win? That alone would motivate me to at least try harder to change that.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals free agency has been disappointing. It's been 10 minutes and they havent signed a pass rusher, offensive line, WR and a corner.

Yeah they’re going to sign the scrap heaps again everyone is gone, doom and despair this seasons over already
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals free agency has been disappointing. It's been 10 minutes and they havent signed a pass rusher, offensive line, WR and a corner.

They should have had Lawson locked up and resigned by now
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: They should have had Lawson locked up and resigned by now

Lawson probly wants to dip a toe in the market.
Reply/Quote