Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't the Bengals cut players?
(03-07-2017, 11:40 AM)Au165 Wrote: They are loyal to a fault. They pride themselves on signing "real" deals. If a guy signs a 3 year deal they try to honor all 3 years, and it is something they have used in negotiations recently as showing potential signees that they honor their deals. It's noble to an extent but does in fact hurt them at times.

I have said it before in other threads. It is not that the Bengals don't want to win, it's that they want to win their way.

The Pacman deal is an albatross around their neck.  Not cutting him and letting these others go is a HUGE mistake. Unless Mike Brown is thinking if Pacman gets suspended by the NFL or is put in prison, he won't have to pay him which is music to Mike Brown's ears.....Still, I have read he can cut him and not pay him.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:40 PM)kevin Wrote: The Pacman deal is an albatross around their neck.  Not cutting him and letting these others go is a HUGE mistake. Unless Mike Brown is thinking if Pacman gets suspended by the NFL or is put in prison, he won't have to pay him which is music to Mike Brown's ears.....Still, I have read he can cut him and not pay him.

Oh, come one.  Pacman has been redeemed...eight or ten times now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dre was our worst played in the secondary in 2015 Fred. You can argue with that all you want too, doesn't make it wrong.

Now I am not even sure what you are trying to say.  Dre was clearly not the worst player in the Bengals secondary in '15.  In fact he was the second best CB on the team, and the fact that Adam Jones was a top 5 CB in '15 does not change the fact that Dre was a top 30 CB in the league.

(03-08-2017, 06:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, a useless statYards per catch? Give me a break. So many variables.

No.  Not yards per catch.  It is yards per target.  and it is the best measurement for a CB.  A lot like yards per attempt for a QB.  

(03-08-2017, 06:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How about how many times he was beat? He was beat for 2 TD's in one half against the Broncos.

Here is the problem a lot of people have around here when one of the myths they cling so tightyly too gets blown up in their face.  They do not even know how to make a point to support it.

If you want to show how bad Adam Jones was last year based on td receptions allowed then you look up th info and post it.  For all I know he could be among the league leaders in fewest tds allowed.

You will never win any debate with me by basing your argument on message board myths with nothing to back it up but the judgement of fans who have been proven wrong so many times before.
Reply/Quote