Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hasn't Paul Alexander been interviewed for HC?
For the last few years, or coordinators and assistants have been interviewed and some of even gone to other teams in usually a higher position with the new team. Considering this AND considering that our OL is viewed as one of the best in the league, why hasn't PA interviewed as HC?

Yes, I know what most of US think of the dude, but still it makes me wonder why his name is never out there for HC consideration.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He might never want to.
He may not have the aptitude to run a whole team.

Could be a lot of things
Reply/Quote
Because what most of us think of him is what most of the NFL thinks of him, apparently.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's overqualified. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 06:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because what most of us think of him is what most of the NFL thinks of him, apparently.

You do know he's one of the most respected OL coaches in the NFL right? 
Reply/Quote
How often are OL coaches moved up to HC?

And maybe he isn't that interested. OL coaches are a different breed.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 06:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How often are OL coaches moved up to HC?  

And maybe he isn't that interested.  OL coaches are a different breed.

Probably close to the truth.  He has a good job, probably low stress, and as long as he's bern around, probably making some good money.
Reply/Quote
Offensive line coaches are a hard sell to fan bases. Also teams are looking for QB freindly Coaches.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 06:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You do know he's one of the most respected OL coaches in the NFL right? 

And Marvin Lewis is one of the most respected HC in the NFL. Doesn't mean he's going to win you a championship.

Eric Winston is highly respected, which is why he was made NFLPA President. Doesn't mean I want him out there trying to block JJ Watt.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Do some research and you'll find out.

Hes a OL coach. There you go bud.
Reply/Quote
He sucks?

He's never even been offered a promotion here , nor the same gig with another team.  WTS.....some would have you believe that he's some sort of mystical offensive line wizzard type coach. One that just so happens to want to stay in the midwest with a notoriously frugal and loser organization. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 07:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And Marvin Lewis is one of the most respected HC in the NFL. Doesn't mean he's going to win you a championship.

Eric Winston is highly respected, which is why he was made NFLPA President. Doesn't mean I want him out there trying to block JJ Watt.

Eric Winston actually did pretty well for a dude at his age vs Watt tbh.

And Alexander is still looked to and listened to by just about every OL coach at every level when he runs the COOL Clinic. 

But hey, I'm sure you and Wyche know more. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 11:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Eric Winston actually did pretty well for a dude at his age vs Watt tbh.

And Alexander is still looked to and listened to by just about every OL coach at every level when he runs the COOL Clinic. 

But hey, I'm sure you and Wyche know more. 

He doesn't run that clinic. He's an invited speaker......out of convenience. After 25 years....it's common sense that's he employed here because of Son of Paul.

Reply/Quote
http://www.thecoolclinic.com/

Read for yourselves folks....don't believe what is said on here about Johan Sebastian Alexander. He speaks at COOL because he's the local NFL guy. In other words, if he moved to another team, the clinic would not follow. He probably wouldn't even be asked to speak.

Reply/Quote
Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO

In fact....he wasn't even there this year.....Jim McNally was!

Reply/Quote
[Image: 9d442d1684eba9dd326f2fd580df1102.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm really starting to think Paul A did the dirty to someone close to WW
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 11:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: He doesn't run that clinic. He's an invited speaker......out of convenience. After 25 years....it's common sense that's he employed here because of Son of Paul.

Loyalty is valued here like no other place.  They know the piano man, he knows them.  There's been countless barbecue's and Christmas cards. They're comfortable with eachother.  That alone is worth at least a decade plus here.  Familiarity trumps almost anything.  It's a "you treat us right, we'll treat you right" Hader Hardware approach that rewards being a yes man above all else.

Shit, look what it took to get rid of Brat.  Marvin inherited that guy, and he still stuck for another 7 years.  If that wasn't done out of loyalty then I would love for someone to explain his resume, post Cincinnati, to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 12:07 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm really starting to think Paul A did the dirty to someone close to WW

It's not as much about PA himself as it about Son of Paul letting a guy like this hang around since Pearl Jam was breaking onto the scene.  If he had been a part of some winning dynasty instead of a losing laughingstock....I *might* have a different opinion of the guy. Piano Man is just the poster child of this stupid loyalty/nepotism/no accountability that is killing this team.  He's not a good enough coach to be bumming around here for close to a quarter century.  He's just not. As a player....why should I be held accountable when a guy was a part of the worst decade in the history of all of professional sports is still here? Oh yeah.....second worst....thanks Detroit. 

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 12:11 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Loyalty is valued here like no other place.  They know the piano man, he knows them.  There's been countless barbecue's and Christmas cards.  They're comfortable with eachother.  That alone is worth at least a decade plus here.  Familiarity trumps almost anything.  It's a "you treat us right, we'll treat you right" Hader Hardware approach that rewards being a yes man above all else.

Shit, look what it took to get rid of Brat.  Marvin inherited that guy, and he still stuck for another 7 years.  If that wasn't done out of loyalty then I would love for someone to explain his resume, post Cincinnati, to me.

good point. what is brat's resume after cincy? atlanta that got smith fired? that sum it up?
Reply/Quote