Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Mike Brown always bashed as the worst owner in football
(07-28-2022, 09:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here are Palmer's NFL rankings in a couple of seasons AFTER his knee injury.

'06....2nd in TD passes, 5th in passing yards, 6th in passer rating
'15....2nd in TD passes, 4th in passing yards, 3rd in passer rating

After his injury Palmer finished in the top ten in passing yards 7 times, top ten in passer rating 3 times, and top ten in TDs 5 times.

Over his entire career Andy Dalton finished in the top ten in passing yards once, top ten in passer rating once and top ten in TDs 3 times. 

So how is this comparison "spot on"?

Palmer's injury is an enigma in my brain and I suspect many other people's as well. I "remember" Palmer coming back and being afraid to plant his leg and sailing the ball over his receiver's heads, and yelling at him for it. But when I look at the stats for the year after his injury, that's obviously not what occurred.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here are Palmer's NFL rankings in a couple of seasons AFTER his knee injury.

'06....2nd in TD passes, 5th in passing yards, 6th in passer rating
'15....2nd in TD passes, 4th in passing yards, 3rd in passer rating

After his injury Palmer finished in the top ten in passing yards 7 times, top ten in passer rating 3 times, and top ten in TDs 5 times.

Over his entire career Andy Dalton finished in the top ten in passing yards once, top ten in passer rating once and top ten in TDs 3 times. 

So how is this comparison "spot on"?

I was specifically referencing his 2009 season. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 10:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are you serious? You don't think he was elite in '09 when Bratkowski didn't realize that establishing the run didn't mean you had to run dive, dive, curl, punt every drive, which caused Palmer to have to win it for us at the end with three fourth quarter comebacks and five game-winning drives?

Palmer was definitely elite that year and a few others were borderline.

I don't think we can blame '09 on Bratkowski.  Bob usually liked to throw the ball.  During his tenure as an NFL OC his teams finished in the top half of the league in pass attempts 11 of 15 seasons.  

In '97 Warren Moon went to the Pro Bowl and led the league in passing yards per game playing under Brat.  

In '03 Jon Kitna won the NFL Comeback PLayer of the Year under Brat when he finished in the top 10 in passer rating, passing yards, and TDs.

Palmer had his great seasons in '05 and '06 playing under Brat.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No one else was.

Brad was, that is why I responding to him. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You jumped into the middle of a conversation that was not just about '09.  

I hear you. Brad asked a specific question about '09, however. 

Quote: You don't think he was elite in '09...

That is what I responded to and Brad happily responded back. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting silly.  But the post from Brad that you quoted said nothing about Dalton.

When you mentioned the comparison between Dalton and Palmer you were obviously referencing a previous post that was clearly not just about '09.

Correct, and that's fair. I was just using the comparison within the vacuum of the 2009 season but that could have been clearer. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:33 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Correct, and that's fair. I was just using the comparison within the vacuum of the 2009 season but that could have been clearer. 

Thread cleaned.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have Mike Brown's PFF rating?
Reply/Quote