Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Price still manager?
The Reds are off to another horrible start. I guess just like Marvin Lewis stays with the Bengals, Bryan Price will stay with the Reds. Any other club would definitely fire him. It is time for a change. Now.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 08:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Reds are off to another horrible start. I guess just like Marvin Lewis stays with the Bengals, Bryan Price will stay with the Reds. Any other club would definitely fire him. It is time for a change. Now.

Oh I don't know about that ? If this keeps up much longer and there's a good chance it will, Price's days I'd say are numbered !

The Reds aren't just a tiny bit off, they're horrible at everything !!! If they don't do something soon ticket sales will just continue dropping right into the abyss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not going to defend Price, but I don't see any manager winning anything with this roster.
Reply/Quote
Yes Price should be removed. They don't win with him. One 4th, followed by three 5th place finishes. And now 5th again at 2-12.

There is a lot of blame to go around though. One example of the dysfunction. Why is Billy, after all these years, still a poor bunter.
Reply/Quote
2-12 is really bad!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not going to defend Price, but I don't see any manager winning anything with this roster.

I guess I don't see firing Price as earth-shattering, either.  It's a move they'll make to throw some red meat to the angry fans, but as you said it won't make much difference.

He does need to go, however.  He's supposed to be a pitching-oriented manager.  We've seen very little progress with the young pitchers on his watch over the last 5 years.  Maybe the players just plain suck.  It's a real possibility that's the case. I think we as fans tend to overvalue the Reds young pitching prospects.  In reality, most of these guys aren't all that highly regarded around baseball outside of maybe a guy like Greene. 
Reply/Quote
Personally, I want some answers for why this year 3 rebuild is worse than the previous year? I want who-ever was in charge of that roster construction to be accountable. There's absolutely no reason to be THIS bad in the third year of a rebuild. None.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 01:35 PM)samhain Wrote: I guess I don't see firing Price as earth-shattering, either.  It's a move they'll make to throw some red meat to the angry fans, but as you said it won't make much difference.

He does need to go, however.  He's supposed to be a pitching-oriented manager.  We've seen very little progress with the young pitchers on his watch over the last 5 years.  Maybe the players just plain suck.  It's a real possibility that's the case. I think we as fans tend to overvalue the Reds young pitching prospects.  In reality, most of these guys aren't all that highly regarded around baseball outside of maybe a guy like Greene. 

Castillo is a future Ace. 

And since he's now the manager, he doesn't get to spend as much time with the pitchers as he would with being the pitching coach. He's in charge of all the areas, so delegation is warranted. I believe they coin this problem as "the peter principle". 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 08:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Reds are off to another horrible start. I guess just like Marvin Lewis stays with the Bengals, Bryan Price will stay with the Reds. Any other club would definitely fire him. It is time for a change. Now.

the reds are in tank and rebuild mode...
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the reds are in tank and rebuild mode...

They are just torture to watch.  They rarely even threaten to score.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: They are just torture to watch.  They rarely even threaten to score.

yeah baseball generally is torture to watch for me at least... unless I need a nap
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: They are just torture to watch.  They rarely even threaten to score.

Think I seen on the twitter world they've lead in 12 of the 100 and something innings, or something pretty bad like that.

joey V not being Joey V is so surprising. he's actually human  Whatever
Reply/Quote
How bad will it get before the Front Office does something? Wait, probably can't get much worse.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Price just proved again he’s no big league manager. He said Garret is pitching the best on the team, but he won’t put him in the rotation because they need help in the bullpen. 1)What the hell is the point of a good bullpen when your starters put you in a 5 run hole? 2)Can anybody show me a team that puts their best pitcher in a mid relief role?
Reply/Quote
A bad team is a bad team. I think Baseball managers are the least important "coach" in all the major sports. The Price is a scapegoat for a horrible roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: A bad team is a bad team. I think Baseball managers are the least important "coach" in all the major sports. The Price is a scapegoat for a horrible roster.

Price is not a good manager. I am no way saying he's THE problem, but I have almost no faith in the red-legs anymore (from FO all the way down). The way they are so non-committed, kinda committed to rebuilding is just dumb. Batting/playing Cliff freakin pennington & Gosselin in critical situation vs Blandino is just...it doesn't make any sense what so ever. If you're rebuilding, actually, fully rebuilding...You play the youngsters. He still bats B-ham leadoff and now they're trying to make him a point of marketing him to us. It's like they have 0 direction. I am pretty close to apathy honestly.
Reply/Quote
Might be time to be looking higher up than Manager, in order to find the problem.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 11:22 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Price is not a good manager. I am no way saying he's THE problem, but I have almost no faith in the red-legs anymore (from FO all the way down). The way they are so non-committed, kinda committed to rebuilding is just dumb. Batting/playing Cliff freakin pennington & Gosselin in critical situation vs Blandino is just...it doesn't make any sense what so ever. If you're rebuilding, actually, fully rebuilding...You play the youngsters. He still bats B-ham leadoff and now they're trying to make him a point of marketing him to us. It's like they have 0 direction. I am pretty close to apathy honestly.

No Price isn't the real problem.....but..... he's not part of the solution either. Price is dry, cold, there's no fire there.

They need an influx of energy, fire, a bright eyed manager. No it's not gonna fix this team this season but they gotta change directions.
Reply/Quote
We need Lou to throw first base again.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I recall reading about when Dusty beat up the locker room after the team played horrible baseball then they began winning . They made it to the playoffs and fired him in favor of Price and you know the rest of the story .
This team could go on a 100 game losing streak and the most we could expect from Price is a shrug and say, "We have to get better." 
At least  with Marvin there's a shred of hope that the Bengals actually will get better. With Price there is no such hope. He just borrows Marvins lines..  
Reply/Quote