Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why is a Ravens draft Always a work art.
:tiger

I just hate everything about them but I envy the way that they draft!!!! I just know they'll get a great fuc!$ wideout! Those f@+×-$. I know they'll be healthy. Fu$$$
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 08:30 PM)Emeritus Wrote: :tiger

I just hate everything about them but I envy the way that they draft!!!! I just know they'll get a great fuc!$ wideout! Those f@+×-$. I know they'll be healthy. Fu$$$

Overall last few years have not be ad good especially at WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They often pick the players that every analyst and fan has been asking "why hasn't that player been drafted yet?" for the last half round (or more).

They may as well just be using Mel Kiper's big board haha.

It always looks incredible on draft day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They often pick the players that every analyst and fan has been asking "why hasn't that player been drafted yet?" for the last half round (or more).

It always looks incredible on draft day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Tiger

Knocking it out the park unfortunately.
Sadly enough nobody here seems to notice it but thats just how the Ravens do it. Too busy picking the Zachary Carters of the world to keep the division. Even the Steelers are got much better tonight.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:58 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Sadly enough nobody here seems to notice it but thats just how the Ravens do it. Too busy picking the Zachary Carters of the world to keep the division. Even the Steelers are got much better tonight.

FWIW, we probably could have made a million better picks than them if we traded Higs to Duvall but that would have made us immediately worst. Thats exactly what they did.
Reply/Quote
They're chasing the fat tail on high upside players because they have a ton of 4th rounders to draft high floor guys.  The good news is that their receiving corps doesn't look very spicy.  They've struggled at drafting receivers for a long time.

We'll see if their draft is as good on the field as "on paper." I remember years ago thinking that the Cowboys just had a historically good draft only to watch a lot of their guys disappear.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the ravens are killing this draft unfortunately. But on a positive note they have nobody to throw the ball to other than Andrews. Their 2nd round pick won’t see the field this year. And they didn’t really add any depth to corner. Also, Hamilton is great, but he’s slow. I don’t think we’ll have many issues scoring against the Ravens this year. Our defense is built to stop their offense as well. We loaded up on dbs that can tackle and are fast. The Ravens are doing a good job addressing the future of their defense though.

Yeah the Ravens added 3 players that could have been taken in the top half of the 1st round, and a good DT—but they are still playing catch up. They’ll be tough competition but I think we’re better and more explosive.

On a side not the Browns have like no picks. They gave us more trouble last year so it’s good to see them not improving in the draft. They don’t have a lot of weapons to throw to, but once again the emphasis is stopping their ground attack. Their defense is great too. But I think we’ve improved a lot this year by getting a couple dbs that can tackle and blitz and getting three big upgrades on our oline. They’ll be tough competition, especially with them adding Watson, but I think we’re the better team.

The Steelers haven’t done much. They reached for a QB they probably could have taken in the second round. They’ve done virtually nothing to improve their defense or offensive line. They’ll be in last place this year without a doubt.
Reply/Quote
I mean, is Linderbaum a good fit for there running scheme? Hamilton fell to them but as good as Linderbaum can be, is he going to work out?

There whole offense is there running game. Bateman might be good and they have Andrews but outside of that there’s basically no one.

There D can be good and should be good but can it really stop the Bengals offense? They couldn’t last year with most of there defense in tact. Honestly, as good as Lamar is, he’s also holding them back.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They often pick the players that every analyst and fan has been asking "why hasn't that player been drafted yet?" for the last half round (or more).

I seriously wonder why people complain about the size of the scouting department when they firmly believe that they should just draft off of Kiper's best available.
Reply/Quote

People have noticed their picks.  How are they going to score points?  They had one good WR and traded him to ultimately draft an undersized C.  Medicals on Ojobo are probably worse than many think as far as he fell.  
Reply/Quote
I personally think the Jets had a better draft.  Keep in mind, although Hamilton is talented, he's a step slow.  That defensive end still hasn't proven that he could come back from injury. TJ has small arms and is strictly a center. His position versatility is nil. Jones is the only player I really like

Ravens are going to have to make up their mind on what they're going to do with their quarterback/running back.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 12:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: I seriously wonder why people complain about the size of the scouting department when they firmly believe that they should just draft off of Kiper's best available.

People lust for those As and B+s given by media figures in the days after the draft. And the Ravens have gotten 4 A+s so far because, in every scenario, they've taken the guy who was projected much higher but has fallen for one reason or another.

I am personally hesitant when it comes to guys who will "definitely go high" and end up falling a round or more later.

Ojabo is an understandable fall, as he suffered an injury during his pro day, but Hamilton falling to 14 tells me teams had doubts about his speed and athleticism. 

Travis Jones also fell nearly a round and a half from where he was projected. That tells me that teams doubted his ability to rush the passer as a 3T but also worried that he didn't have enough of an anchor to play NT. If he were what the media people say he is, a guy who is big enough to play NT but also fast and savvy enough to play 3T, he doesn't last until the 3rd round.

and Linderbaum, although I love him as a prospect and still would have liked to have picked him if he were there at 31, is undeniably a risky pick because, in order to be successful, he must be an outlier, as very few players succeed with arms as short as his. Plus, being under 300 lbs is not great either.

So, the Ravens took 4 guys who COULD be amazing. Or, they could have fallen for legitimate reasons that show up later in their careers. We'll have to see.

I still remember being ecstatic when we drafted Andrew Billings in the 4th round after he was mocked to us in the 1st round all off season.

Turns out, there's a reason he fell 3 rounds further than media people thought.

Cuz he wasn't very good. And the NFL scouts saw that.

It'll be interesting to see if what the NFL scouts saw in these 4 comes to pass as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: People have noticed their picks.  How are they going to score points?  They had one good WR and traded him to ultimately draft an undersized C.  Medicals on Ojobo are probably worse than many think as far as he fell.  

They have Rashod Bateman Devin Duvernay Tylan Wallace. I can see them taking another one today but they arent hurting for WRs by any means. I was surprised they dealt Hollywood Brown though because Jackson and Brown fit really well.

Their Defensive line was in shambles Travis Jones and David Ojabo help to rebuild it along with their 1st from 2021.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: They have Rashod Bateman Devin Duvernay Tylan Wallace. I can see them taking another one today but they arent hurting for WRs by any means. I was surprised they dealt Hollywood Brown though because Jackson and Brown fit really well.

Their Defensive line was in shambles Travis Jones and David Ojabo help to rebuild it along with their 1st from 2021.
Brown had more receiving yards last year than those three combined.

Ojabo probably doesn't help much this year due to his injury.  
Reply/Quote

They're gonna be tough.  Seem to be committed to running to pass.  A healthy JK Dobbins along with Lamar Jackson and an always punishing defense is problems man.  That's why they let Hollywood go.  The way they plan on playing you don't need caddilacs at wide out to get open when defenses have to sell out to not get gashed by the run game.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Two words: Ozzie Newsome.

Ozzie might have been the best General Manager in history. The man is super smart and he understands talent. He’s now an Executive Vice President but he still makes lots of big decisions in Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
Well, there is This :

Balt Sux

And there is That :

Clev Sux Pitt Sux

And there is The Other Thing :

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

So Forget About It, there is This :

Balt Sux
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Oh I don't know so much about that ? Since 2013 they haven't been hitting many playoff home runs.
Reply/Quote
Ravens 2020 Draft - A+ https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-draft-class-rankings-ravens-cowboys-vikes-clean-up-0ap3000001112509

Ravens 2020 Draft production in 2021:

Patrick Queen - 43.5 PFF grade
JK Dobbins - injured
Justin Madubuike - 56.6 PFF
Devin Duvernay - 55.7 PFF
Malik Harrison - 42.1 PFF
Tyre Phillips - 53.1 PFF
Ben Bredeson - 56.2 PFF with the Giants
Broderick Washington - 59.8
James Proche - 66.9 PFF on 20 targets
Geno Stone - 61.4 PFF in limited action
Reply/Quote
The last time the Ravens had a truly great wide receiver was, well...

Never. It has never happened. Old Steve Smith or old Derrick Mason is about the best it gets.
Reply/Quote