Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is there a narrative that the OLine is horrible?
(09-27-2022, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't put much faith in PFF's ratings because they don't make sense to me, they are not consistent with how they grade players vs. the eye test. There's little argument Collins blew in the 1st two games. Against NYJ, his opponent did not get on the stat sheet. No sacks, no hurries. What else do you want him to do? All I'm saying is instead of writing him off as a bust 2 games into the season he's playing with a new line and a hurt back, let's see how he does. Week 3 was good, I don't care what PFF says, he did his job. Why take away from that? So someone can say "I knew he would suck?"

He's been the best run blocker.

I wouldn't say he's a bust. I'd say he went against 2 really dominant pass rushers.

As far as PFF, I get what you're saying. I just think it's more nuanced grading performance than if a guy guys up a sack or not. Some guys give up sacks and PFF puts it on the QB for instance.
Reply/Quote
There was a player that came out today and said they believe the agents are paying PFF for their grades.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is a much better fit for this offense if it's playstyle. His timing throws would eliminate all sacks behind this new Oline. And a downhill RB Like Perine. Could really turn this offense into a clock eating high time of possession monster.
Reply/Quote
Given how abruptly Mixon was pulled one wonders if he might be dinged up. Either way just eliminate the dancing and the stretch plays and run power to the right - that will help things a lot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:22 PM)Yogo Wrote: Andy Dalton is a much better fit for this offense if it's playstyle.  His timing throws would eliminate all sacks behind this new Oline.  And a downhill RB Like Perine.  Could really turn this offense into a clock eating high time of possession monster.

I know this is not your specific message, but replacing Burrow with Dalton and Mixon with Perine sounds like anything but a monster. Lol. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I know this is not your specific message, but replacing Burrow with Dalton and Mixon with Perine sounds like anything but a monster. Lol. 

Well Perine was a game-eating monster this past week. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Given how abruptly Mixon was pulled one wonders if he might be dinged up. Either way just eliminate the dancing and the stretch plays and run power to the right - that will help things a lot.

He's nursing an ankle. Pollack gave him a big hug coming off the field, so he's either injured or down.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Perine was a game-eating monster this past week. 

Absolutely. Sorry, I was moreso meaning the name recognition of the players, not necessarily their abilities. Perine is a fine running back. I am glad he is here. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 06:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm 1,000% on board with the Oline should have had a bunch of preseason snaps group. I believe it would have helped.

I definitely agree, they will be pretty darn good by week 7.
Reply/Quote
I think with no evidence other than Mixon had to come out in the 4th that he's not 100% .. Perine is probably a guy with a lot less wear and tear on his legs and I'm guessing we'll see more of him as the season goes on..I also think with no evidence that the Oline cleans up the problems, Joe gets it together and they start romping and stomping..  I'm not opposed to seeing what Perine can do as a bellcow..    
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote