Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why no Dax Hill?
The defense is playing well right now especially in the back 7. While I like to see Hill play more I get what Lou is saying.

Would like to see more of Ossai, Carter, and Sample on the Dline though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:26 PM)Housh Wrote: I hate when coaches get in these dumbass mindsets

Why TF are you watching Eli Apple get his ass played with every week and Dax doesn’t even sniff snaps at corner?

This is beyond dumb. Bates is gone next year and Bell is a FA. Dax needs to play. I wouldn’t think I’d have to explain this to a NFL coach.

For the record I’m not sold on Lou at all yet. Refusing the rotate secondary is likely why were so bad defensively late in games

Dax is not a boundary corner, he has not worked at boundary corner all preseason. This was brought up with the coaches a couple times.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:26 PM)Housh Wrote: I hate when coaches get in these dumbass mindsets

Why TF are you watching Eli Apple get his ass played with every week and Dax doesn’t even sniff snaps at corner?

This is beyond dumb. Bates is gone next year and Bell is a FA. Dax needs to play. I wouldn’t think I’d have to explain this to a NFL coach.

For the record I’m not sold on Lou at all yet. Refusing the rotate secondary is likely why were so bad defensively late in games

Dude, you're on a fan message board, I don't think you are explaining anything to a NFL coach......
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 10:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Dude, you're on a fan message board, I don't think you are explaining anything to a NFL coach......

Lol i know but damn
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 10:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Dax is not a boundary corner, he has not worked at boundary corner all preseason. This was brought up with the coaches a couple times.

I did forget this.

Apple is safe smh
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 11:00 PM)Housh Wrote: Lol i know but damn

I get it bud, we will win soon though.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 07:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought everyone pretty much knew that this pick was a pick for Bates' replacement?
He's getting this season to learn and be a backup. He'll start next season after Bates leaves in FA.

When Bates is trailing his guy by 5 yards its time. Jessie is not in football shape I guess we just let the O-line and Bates and anyone else playing subpar to just get into game shape as we lose games.

P.S. I should of said Collins as opposed to the offensive line as a whole.

Williams is not out of shape like Bates and Collins are his is more skill and coaching issues.

Could be LT and RB in our next draft 1st 2nd round picks.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd take that bet. 

Lou Anarumo is 56-year-old with 3 years of NFL experience as a DC and in none of those 3 years has his defense finished above average in points allowed.

There were 5 first time Head Coaches hired for the 2022 season. 4 OCs and 1 DC. 
OC Kevin O'Connell (37 y/o)
OC Mike McDaniel (39 y/o)
OC Nathaniel Hackett (42 y/o)
OC Brian Daboll (47 y/o)
DC Matt Eberflus (52 y/o)

So the odds are already against Anarumo simply based off being a DC and being 56 as most people are going for young OCs. You look at Matt Eberflus and think that might be proof of Anarumo's chance, but Eberflus had back-to-back top-10 scoring defenses that were both top-5 in takeaway as a DC. Anarumo's defense has been below average in both categories all 3 years.

Yeah. I don't see anything special about the defense.

Ie It's not out performing its talent. They spent a lot of money on it...and it's playing average.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. I don't see anything special about the defense.

Ie It's not out performing its talent. They spent a lot of money on it...and it's playing average.

The one thing Lou could really hang his hat on was he got career year’s out of Awuzie and Apple last season. The latter looks like he’s back to his old rotten self again though through the first couple games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. I don't see anything special about the defense.

Outside of two bad drives against the Cowboys the defense has played outstanding. Of course it's a small sample size but still the defense has shown up.

More Turnovers and Sacks would be nice but they are doing a good job nonetheless. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. I don't see anything special about the defense.

Yeah, I think this hurts him as well. There's only 4 guys who were drafted by the Bengals out of the starting 11. Hubbard, Bates, and the 2 LBs. Hubbard and Bates both had success as rookies before he got here. 

(09-22-2022, 12:43 AM)J24 Wrote: Outside of two bad drives against the Cowboys the defense has played outstanding. Of course it's a small sample size but still the defense has shown up.

More Turnovers and Sacks would be nice but they are doing a good job nonetheless. 

Mitchell Trubisky and Cooper Rush

The Cowboys and Steelers have scored a combined 17 points in the games they didn't play against the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Fans are frustrated and looking for people to blame. Hill not playing isn’t the reason we’re 0-2. Lou has proven he knows what he’s doing with some great defensive game plans ,the defense carried us last season. We turned the ball over 5 times vs. Pitt who had great field position and held them to 20 points including OT. Dallas scored 20 points that should be a winnable game with all are weapons on offense. Flowers played a lot in 3 safety looks because he’s 6’3 and can cover TE’s. Far as why draft him if your not going to play him crowd ? Draft best available you reach for a player you get in trouble, great value at pick 31. This team was in the Super Bowl for a reason this roster is stacked and whoever we drafted would have had a tough time cracking this lineup. I think the reason Hill’s not playing is because we have a good team versus a John Ross who’s not playing because he sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 08:23 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Fans are frustrated and looking for people to blame.  Hill not playing isn’t the reason we’re 0-2. Lou has proven he knows what he’s doing with some great defensive game plans ,the defense carried us last season. We turned the ball over 5 times vs. Pitt who had great field position and held them to 20 points including OT. Dallas scored 20 points that should be a winnable game with all are weapons on offense. Flowers played a lot in 3 safety looks because he’s 6’3 and can cover TE’s. Far as why draft him if your not going to play him crowd ? Draft best available you reach for a player you get in trouble, great value at pick 31. This team was in the Super Bowl for a reason this roster is stacked and whoever we drafted would have had a tough time cracking this lineup. I think the reason Hill’s not playing is because we have a good team versus a John Ross who’s not playing because he sucks.

Maybe he would have intercepted that pass on the play Bates allowed a tD! :)
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 01:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I think this hurts him as well. There's only 4 guys who were drafted by the Bengals out of the starting 11. Hubbard, Bates, and the 2 LBs. Hubbard and Bates both had success as rookies before he got here. 

Mitchell Trubisky and Cooper Rush

The Cowboys and Steelers have scored a combined 17 points in the games they didn't play against the Bengals.

I need Mitch to defeat the Browns tonight though! Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 08:29 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe he would have intercepted that pass on the play Bates allowed a tD! :)

Or maybe he wouldn't. Hill was drafted to be the starter NEXT year when Bates leaves. The fact he has a year to sit behind Jesse and learn is a good thing, I don't know how you guys can find a way to complain about it, but this board never disappoints.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Or maybe he wouldn't. Hill was drafted to be the starter NEXT year when Bates leaves. The fact he has a year to sit behind Jesse and learn is a good thing, I don't know how you guys can find a way to complain about it, but this board never disappoints.

If we are out of the playoffs soon I would sit Jesse Bates and play Hill all year lol, just get him experience. A bright side to everything!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 08:29 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe he would have intercepted that pass on the play Bates allowed a tD! :)

Maybe Brandon Allen wouldn’t have thrown 4 picks versus Pitt ? Bates has proven to be one of the better safeties in the league you think a rookie is better then him lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 08:35 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If we are out of the playoffs soon I would sit Jesse Bates and play Hill all year lol, just get him experience. A bright side to everything!

We're not even close to being out of the playoffs. We're one win back from the rest of the division. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 07:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Lou Anarumo will be a head coach in this league very soon. I love his no nonsense direct approach.

It was honestly a perfect response. Sometimes us fans have zero idea. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:31 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah but such hollow bucket response about him and his playing time seems like he is far below the bar to play. I'm not the type to think he should be an automatic Pro Bowler since he was a first rounder, and I get what coach is saying. Wish he was able to shine his way into playing time. 

Hill looked real good in preseason. Don't know what much else he could have done to show he at least could have probably started and done ok.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote