Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not us ?
I believe I did this same thread in 2015? I dunno

Anyways, way not us ? Yeah, yeah, putting the cart way in front of the horse but that's what us fans get to do.

Why not us in the Super Bowl. This team can play with anybody, they've proven it. Joe Burrow is a game changer as is Chase and the WR corps. Mixon is a force.

The defense has had it's ups and downs but overall they don't stink.

If you would have told me back in August this team would win the division and make playoffs I would have called the psych ward for you.

Why not more ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ya never know.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
They can. Will they, I don’t know. But their ceiling is Higher than it’s probably been in any playoffs this century. The 05 offense was top notch, but we had a bad Defense. 09 was very limited. The Dalton led Bengals were limited offensively except 15 before he got hurt.

So it could easily be 1 and done, but this team has the tools to hand and compete with anyone.
Reply/Quote
NFL history is full of Super Bowl teams that "came out of nowhere"

Our 2 previous trips to the Super Bowl came after seasons with 4 and 6 wins.

Neither the '08 Cardinals nor the '99 Rams had had a winning season in 10 years. The Rams opponent in the '99 Super Bowl (Titans) had not had a winning record in 6 years.

The '19 Forty-Niners only had 17 wins over the previous 4 seasons and the '81 Niner team that beat us had only won 15 over the previous 4 years.

The '17 Eagles had losing records the two previous seasons.

The '16 Falcons had not had a winning season in four years.

Anything can happen once a team makes the playoffs. There is absolutely no reason we can't make a run to the Super Bowl. In fact the AFC seems more wide open than ever this year.
Reply/Quote
It is incredibly possible for the Bengals to make it to the Super Bowl and win it. I don't know that they will, but I don't really think it's all that much of a longshot in comparison with the other playoff teams. They should probably be given the 2nd best odds to win the AFC, only behind Kansas City, who we just watched them beat.

They're really hot right now, and they can beat any team in the NFL. Just string 4 wins together against higher quality teams.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We are going into the playoffs as the best current team in the AFC, so I'm already tossing the "why not us" stuff aside and assuming we take on the Packers or the Buccaneers in the SB until I see otherwise.

Why shouldn't we be the favorite to represent the AFC in the SB? Other than the bs notion that being confident about that is going to make Joe Burrow fall apart. We just beat the Chiefs, Ryan Tannehill can't keep up with Burrow, Mac Jones can't keep up with Burrow, and the Bills are just flat-out beatable.

I try to think of myself as a reasonable person, and right now the facts say that the Bengals are the cream of the AFC.
Reply/Quote
Burrow and the boys are hot. So yes, why not us? Maybe the winning streak can take them to a Super Bowl victory.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow and the boys are hot. So yes, why not us? Maybe the winning streak can take them to a Super Bowl victory.

I expect it all this year.  I'm not living for next year unless I'm forced to.

I"ve completely guzzled the flavorade on this one.  I'm so high I can only assume this is what normal people feel when they find religion.  I've at least joined a cult, if nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe I did this same thread in 2015? I dunno

Anyways, way not us ? Yeah, yeah, putting the cart way in front of the horse but that's what us fans get to do.

Why not us in the Super Bowl. This team can play with anybody, they've proven it. Joe Burrow is a game changer as is Chase and the WR corps. Mixon is a force.

If you would have told me back in August this team would win the division and make playoffs I would have called the psych ward for you.

Why not more ?
The defense has it’s ups and downs? I guess that’s the biggest thing that concerns me going forward into the playoffs.On paper,this lineup we have on defense looks pretty impressive.They’re just not playing up to their skill level in my opinion.Maybe in part, contributed to something as simple as poor tackling?
Reply/Quote
This team has tons of talent, plenty of youthful enthusiasm, has experienced the highs and lows of building and growing together. And most importantly, they believe in themselves.

So yeah, why not the Bengals?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe I did this same thread in 2015? I dunno

Why not more ?

After seeing what happened yesterday, I do think the Bengals can hang with the best of the AFC.
About the only team I have some hesitation with is the Titans, but only if they have Henry back.

With that said, I'd be most nervous about a matchup with either the Bills or Colts if looking at WC opponents. Both have good offenses and defenses. Bills more pass-oriented, Patriots much more rush-oriented. Belichick has the clear postseason success too.
I'll be somewhat nervous about playing the Colts or Chargers because I think the Colts are well balanced and the Chargers beat the Bengals earlier in the year, but I think both would be higher chance to win compared to Bills or Patriots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
For me it’s been bred in for a long time. It’s a mental hurdle I’ll never clear until they actually win one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I want to believe, but I think the offensive line is too much of a liability for us to go all the way. Seeing Burrow hobbling around too much these last few weeks for my liking, and the defenses he could be facing in the coming weeks are only going to get more stout.

Our defense has also been concerning me a bit with regards to tackling and inability to generate turnovers in recent weeks.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
There's a very small handful of teams that I would not be confident of a win if we met them in the postseason: Chiefs, Packers, and Buccaneers - maybe the Chargers and Cardinals, too. That said, we've shown we can beat the Chiefs and hang with the Packers and were a fumble away from coming back from a 24 point deficit to the Chargers. So, while I may not be confident that we WILL win if we play any of those teams, I'm confident that we CAN win against ANY team we'll face in the playoffs.

Here's a Who Dey for possibly being super bowl bound!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I expect it all this year.  I'm not living for next year unless I'm forced to.

I"ve completely guzzled the flavorade on this one.  I'm so high I can only assume this is what normal people feel when they find religion.  I've at least joined a cult, if nothing else.

I miss your cynical side.

Anyways… our o line is still ass and we need our banged up guys back and as close as a full go as they can be.

And I can’t be the only one not liking the fact that we’re probably going to need to get past the hoodie and Arrowhead stadium.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: After seeing what happened yesterday, I do think the Bengals can hang with the best of the AFC.
About the only team I have some hesitation with is the Titans, but only if they have Henry back.

With that said, I'd be most nervous about a matchup with either the Bills or Colts if looking at WC opponents. Both have good offenses and defenses. Bills more pass-oriented, Patriots much more rush-oriented. Belichick has the clear postseason success too.
I'll be somewhat nervous about playing the Colts or Chargers because I think the Colts are well balanced and the Chargers beat the Bengals earlier in the year, but I think both would be higher chance to win compared to Bills or Patriots.

Titans are the least of my worries.

The defense contained Dalvon Cook, Najee Harris, Lamar Jackson, among others. We can contain Henry.
Reply/Quote
This is kind of a repeat of the same post I have been making for the last 8 weeks (after we blew out the Ravens then lost to the Jets)

I would not be surprised to see the Bengals beat any team in the league, nor would I be surprised to see them lose to any team in the league.

We have the talent. We just lack the consistency.

Like Chip said, it is all about stringing together 4 straight good games against quality opponents.
Reply/Quote
I think it's time to look at Wild Card Tickets at PBS. Hell I might even get to sit on the home side which would be new lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Why not more ?

It is the question I think everyone is asking now. This team is special and can win it all just like Burrow said earlier in the season 
in our first thromping of the Ravens. We can win it all.
Reply/Quote
Who can't we beat in the AFC?

The Patriots? Great coach, but we out talent them by a wide margin.
The Titans? Good team but they don't scare me. I can easily see us winning.
The Chiefs? We just beat them.

Then you have teams like the Raiders, Bills, and Colts.

I don't see any teams where I'm like "aw man...I hope we don't face them".

Then the toughest team in the NFC we took to OT. I guess if we had to face the Jets, I'd be terrified, but this team brings their A game against great teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote