Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why so mad???
(03-16-2021, 03:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your kidding right?

it was one of the joe burrow facebooks...  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: it was one of the joe burrow facebooks...  

Yep, just seen it. https://www.facebook.com/FauxJeaux   Thankfully not his real page and just a copycat/satire page.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, just seen it. https://www.facebook.com/FauxJeaux   Thankfully not his real page and just a copycat/satire page.

lol figured as much.  But they should still listen to the "man"
Reply/Quote
I'm not mad at all that they didn't sign Lawson or WJ3 back. While both are good players they're not great. There's just no way we could afford to put 29 million a year combined into those two.

What I am mad about is the lack of getting anything done on the Oline.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: it was one of the joe burrow facebooks...  

(03-17-2021, 09:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol figured as much.  But they should still listen to the "man"

Nice detective work, Sherlock.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not mad at all that they didn't sign Lawson or WJ3 back. While both are good players they're not great. There's just no way we could afford to put 29 million a year combined into those two.

Both Lawson and WJ3 were widely considered to be Tier 1 free agents.

Many Tier 1 free agents (Moton, Scherff etc) never even hit the free market as their franchises wrapped them up or tagged them. 

It's pretty staggering that the team with the fifth most cap space let two tier one free agents walk.

For my money the Bengals should have extended them last year - although I appreciate I was likely in a minority with this view. Instead they'll end up overpaying an inferior CB in Waynes and extending an inferior DE in Hubbard. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not mad at all that they didn't sign Lawson or WJ3 back. While both are good players they're not great. There's just no way we could afford to put 29 million a year combined into those two.

I'm not "mad" per se, because those two spots weren't the top concern in my mind.  Although I do find it somewhat interesting given Lou's comments a few weeks ago about his big areas of focus.  

What makes me mad about it is that the org likely looks at the two guys they signed to replace Lawson and WJ3 and thinks they made great moves this FA, but completely ignored the OL.  They're not going to build it quickly enough in the draft, and the team (hell, even the Chiefs in the SB this year) have proven the importance of those spots.  To not go after those top guys in FA blows my mind. 
Reply/Quote