Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Why the Bengals have embraced the lightest offseason schedule in the NFL
(05-30-2023, 10:55 AM)SladeX Wrote: No young man wants to hear that stuff. They’re bulletproof and life’s highway stretches endlessly ahead…

Yep, a story as old as time. I work out with my father-in-law 4x per week. He was that way. He is 61 and still unbelievably strong - just hit 495 on squat a couple of weeks ago - but he has also had 7 shoulder surgeries. He has a hard time putting his hand behand his head. When he was younger he never stretched, warmed up, or took care of himself in general and just worked out hard. He pays the price now. Same thing with my dad but with his knees and back. I have been working to avoid that but I also have some lingering injuries from when I was in my early 20's and enjoying my "unlimited" athleticism. 

A lot of stretching and warming up before I do any sports nowadays, and I'm only 30. It's a marathon not a sprint, they say. Of course, these guys are all stretching and warming up like they should. They just play a brutal sport. 
Reply/Quote
I never stretched until I took up martial arts at age 35, lol.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 05:04 PM)jason Wrote: Cappa got hurt during the last Ravens game because we couldn't sit him or anyone else. That poor start played a big role in that. The coin toss shit didn't help either.

The truth. If we start out faster than we did, we just might of won the Superbowl because Cappa could of rested that last game of the 
regular season against our Division rivals. But we didn't have as much of a chance to build that chemistry last year to be fair. LC was hurt
going into the season with a bad back, the Burrow appendectomy etc.

This year we have a much better chance of being locked in if our guys go into TC and the Preseason healthy. Our IOL has the chemistry 
together and I just think it would be a good idea to get our new starting OT's some time in, same with our new Safeties.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2023, 11:17 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Joe Burrow and the defending AFC Champs vs Mitch Trubisky. Should never have been close enough to be a "fluke".

Just simply winning the turnover battle wins you the game 78% of the time over the years. So if the Bengals won that game it would have actually been a bigger fluke than losing it considering the Bengals were -5 in turnover differential. The Chargers recently made history by being the first team in NFL history to lose in the postseason despite having a +5 turnover margin to give you an idea of how fluky it would have been for the Bengals to not lose that game. Not even touching the 7 sacks the Bengals allowed.

Good point, I'll allow it.... Ninja

.... however, Joe Burrow having five turnovers is downright flukey in its own right.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals will hit the ground running this year. This is Culmination Year. They will be jaw dropping, holy shit good this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 05:38 PM)McC Wrote: Bengals will hit the ground running this year.  This is Culmination Year.  They will be jaw dropping, holy shit good this year.

Feeling the same, should be some growing pains with Dax and Scott at Safety but I think with Burrow and an improved OL we can weather it.

This is the year to win it all. That Lombardi is ours for the taking, truly think we could be by far the best team in the NFL this year if everything
goes according to plan. No bad turnover on the team as far as losing coaches, improved our weaknesses and we are extremely hungry after the
NFL trying to screw us last season with the coin flip crap.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 11:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: Last training camp Steelers took note and played their starters in every preseason game. Tomlin said he wanted to make sure they came out strong against a rested Bengals team. You can bet Cleveland will be ready to pounce as well.

You have to take the team being strong to end the season if there was a choice, but expect slow starts in the Zac era.

The Steelers had to work their asses off just to get to .500.  And they had plenty of rest9ng time to watch us go all the way to the AFCCG.  Who had the better plan?

Tomlin is yesterday's news.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote