Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the NFL is in trouble
It's no secret, that the NFL is in trouble. Ratings are down, fewer people at the games. My assessment.

1) The kneelers. We have gazillionaire crybabies living in the greatest country in history, where they are treated like Gods, taking a knee for the flag that thousands died to defend. They can go to hell.

2) The zebras. They think they are the show. The constant flag fest makes some games unwatchable.

3) No drama. The same teams year in and year out are taking home the trophy. Boring.

4) The fans. When you go to a game, you are surrounded by nit wits. 30 and 40 year old men who handle their alcohol worse than a frat boy. I am embarrassed for them.

5) The players. Too many thugs acting thuggish.

6) The gouging and the greed. Loyal fans are rewarded by the teams with price gouging. Nearly ten bucks for a beer and 100 or 200 bucks for tickets. While Roger brings in 50 million a year.

7) They are working against physics. The players are bigger, stronger, and faster than they have ever been. Leading to more violent impacts. The NFL does not know how to handle it. So they use their beloved yellow flag. Flags are being thrown for nothing more than hard hits. Fans hate this.

8) Other sports. Right now MLB is just an excellent game. This last post season was superb. Great stuff. No kneelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:21 PM)Antares Wrote: It's no secret, that the NFL is in trouble. Ratings are down, fewer people at the games. My assessment.

1) The kneelers. We have gazillionaire crybabies living in the greatest country in history, where they are treated like Gods, taking a knee for the flag that thousands died to defend. They can go to hell.

2) The zebras. They think they are the show. The constant flag fest makes some games unwatchable.

3) No drama. The same teams year in and year out are taking home the trophy. Boring.

4) The fans. When you go to a game, you are surrounded by nit wits. 30 and 40 year old men who handle their alcohol worse than a frat boy. I am embarrassed for them.

6) The gouging and the greed.  Loyal fans are rewarded by the teams with price gouging. Nearly ten bucks for a beer and 100 or 200 bucks for tickets. While Roger brings in 50 million a year.

7) They are working against physics. The players are bigger, stronger, and faster than they have ever been. Leading to more violent impacts. The NFL does not know how to handle it. So they use their beloved yellow flag. Flags are being thrown for nothing more than hard hits. Fans hate this.

8) Other sports. Right now MLB is just an excellent game. This last post season was superb. Great stuff. No kneelers.

*Takes a knee*
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:21 PM)Antares Wrote: It's no secret, that the NFL is in trouble. Ratings are down, fewer people at the games. My assessment.

6) The gouging and the greed.  Loyal fans are rewarded by the teams with price gouging. Nearly ten bucks for a beer and 100 or 200 bucks for tickets. While Roger brings in 50 million a year.

Happy trails.  We'll drop you a line when the NFL fits your requirements.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Happy trails.  We'll drop you a line when the NFL fits your requirements.

It's just my opinion. You have no opinion? No clue why the NFL is tailing off? I'd love to hear your thoughts as to why this is happening. Ready Go!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Happy trails.  We'll drop you a line when the NFL fits your requirements.

Seconded.  If the kneeling an the refs and whatever else hurts your feelings, then just be on your way and stop crying about it.  

Like all the other threads on these topics, this doesn't belong in JN, anyway.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:30 PM)Antares Wrote: It's just my opinion. You have no opinion? No clue why the NFL is tailing off? I'd love to hear your thoughts as to why this is happening. Ready Go!

What do you care what I think?  You don't like what the NFL has become, then go watch baseball or something.  Follow your own advice and bugger off.  Oy, I sat through many coffee dates with shrill feminist types who ragged on me for liking the NFL and now I have to hear a bunch of good ol' boys give me a hard time for liking it, too.  You can't make this stuff up.

Here...enjoy yourself.

https://www.mlb.com/
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Seconded.  If the kneeling an the refs and whatever else hurts your feelings, then just be on your way and stop crying about it.  

Like all the other threads on these topics, this doesn't belong in JN, anyway.

NEWSFLASH:

I'm not the reason that the NFL is in decline. If you disagree with my assessment, I would kindly ask you to provide your reason why this is happening.
Reply/Quote

I, for one, have no issues with any of the things that you have listed.  In fact, I tend to agree with most of them.  The NFL knows that it is in trouble, but their response has been laughable at best.  If they think allowing excessive celebrations, "flare" applied to shoes, and donating to a political cause will fix their woes?  They are sadly mistaken.  They are like the most powerful company in the Nation, caving to frivolous employee demands.  Their own policy (rulebook) clearly states how players should act during the National Anthem.  

Their caving to politics is one of the weakest moves I've ever seen, by a National powerhouse of the same financial scale as the NFL.  People that can actually afford to attend their games are not appreciating their actions, one bit.  Sure, the athletes can claim "without us, there wouldn't be an NFL", but by the same standard, if no one pays good money to watch, you'll be playing for much less... 

It's not like another league of the same quality can just "pop up", as it's been tried before.  They fail every time.  The NFL needs to get back to focus on putting the best product possible out there, and just take care of the injured warriors that sacrificed their bodies and minds in service to the NFL.  Plain and simple.  Caving to whimsical political stands looks weak...

Just my opinion.  I'm sure that others will have issue with it. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What do you care what I think?  You don't like what the NFL has become, then go watch baseball or something.  Follow your own advice and bugger off.  Oy, I sat through many coffee dates with shrill feminist types who ragged on me for liking the NFL and now I have to hear a bunch of good ol' boys give me a hard time for liking it, too.  You can't make this stuff up.

Here...enjoy yourself.

https://www.mlb.com/

Jeez dude. Simma down. Take a deep breath. You are blaming me for a problem that I did not create. The NFL can't simply ignore all this and hope it goes away. As I said, if my points are not what is wrong, then what is?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I, for one, have no issues with any of the things that you have listed.  In fact, I tend to agree with most of them.  The NFL knows that it is in trouble, but their response has been laughable at best.  If they think allowing excessive celebrations, "flare" applied to shoes, and donating to a political cause will fix their woes?  They are sadly mistaken.  They are like the most powerful company in the Nation, caving to frivolous employee demands.  Their own policy (rulebook) clearly states how players should act during the National Anthem.  

Their caving to politics is one of the weakest moves I've ever seen, by a National powerhouse of the same financial scale as the NFL.  People that can actually afford to attend their games are not appreciating their actions, one bit.  Sure, the athletes can claim "without us, there wouldn't be an NFL", but by the same standard, if no one pays good money to watch, you'll be playing for much less... 

It's not like another league of the same quality can just "pop up", as it's been tried before.  They fail every time.  The NFL needs to get back to focus on putting the best product possible out there, and just take care of the injured warriors that sacrificed their bodies and minds in service to the NFL.  Plain and simple.  Caving to whimsical political stands looks weak...

Just my opinion.  I'm sure that others will have issue with it. 

Well said. I have enjoyed football my entire life. What I say is obvious. Every one knows it's true. I want the NFL to be the game it used to be. The NFL responds to every issue with yet another penalty, yet another regulation. Bad move.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:49 PM)Antares Wrote: Jeez dude. Simma down. Take a deep breath. You are blaming me for a problem that I did not create. The NFL can't simply ignore all this and hope it goes away. As I said, if my points are not what is wrong, then what is?

I'm criticizing you for whining on an NFL message board about not liking the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
They're not in trouble. They need to make the contracts fully guarenteed and lay off this ***** shit league. Let them hit. If they get cte they get cte.
Reply/Quote
A the NFL isn't in trouble it's still the most popular sport in America and it is growing around the world.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:21 PM)Antares Wrote: 8) Other sports. Right now MLB is just an excellent game. This last post season was superb. Great stuff. No kneelers.

[Image: 748a2d9b4e0b40fbb849916d99644132-780x1125.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm criticizing you for whining on an NFL message board about not liking the NFL.  

Why do you think that the NFL is having a bad year? If you do not believe any of the reasons that I mentioned, they why? Any ideas?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:42 PM)Antares Wrote: NEWSFLASH:

I'm not the reason that the NFL is in decline. If you disagree with my assessment, I would kindly ask you to provide your reason why this is happening.

I never said you were the reason for the decline, did I?  I'm tired of the whining, be it from you or anyone else.  If you can't respect the players, then FFS man, stop engaging the game.  Don't watch, don't follow, don't post on here.  Stand by your convictions. 

My point, however, was that this thread does not belong in Jungle Noise.  Pretty simple concept to grasp.  If you want to start the 17th thread on these topics, to this point indistinguishable from the 16 threads that proceeded it, then by all means be my guest.  Message board repetition is a birthright.  Just put it in the right forum, 'k?  That's not asking too much.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: They're not in trouble. They need to make the contracts fully guarenteed and lay off this ***** shit league. Let them hit. If they get cte they get cte.

That's not going to happen. Nobody wants to see their sons, fathers, friends, teammates disabled in the name of entertainment. Brain damage and paralysis is not entertaining for most folks.
Reply/Quote
Really? Another one of these threads?..... in... jungle.. noise to boot... awesome.
Tbh. I don't even need to read your post to know all of the parroted material you posted.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 10:04 PM)Antares Wrote: Why do you think that the NFL is having a bad year? If you do not believe any of the reasons that I mentioned, they why? Any ideas?

The NFL is taking in nearly $14 billion in revenue this season, which is up from last year.  There is more to revenue than ratings, much of which can be attributed to non-political things such as increased access/quality of pirating sites and an overall movement away from pricey and monopolistic cable packages.  You opinion that the NFL is "having a bad year" or is falling apart is merely an opinion.  

Either educate yourself on it, or wait for Trump and Vince McMahon to attempt you sell you rubes the XFL again before you know it. Your call.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/03/06/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-revenue.aspx
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 10:10 PM)CpAwful Llama Wrote: I never said you were the reason for the decline, did I?  I'm tired of the whining, be it from you or anyone else.  If you can't respect the players, then FFS man, stop engaging the game.  Don't watch, don't follow, don't post on here.  Stand by your convictions. 

My point, however, was that this thread does not belong in Jungle Noise.  Pretty simple concept to grasp.  If you want to start the 17th thread on these topics, to this point indistinguishable from the 16 threads that proceeded it, then by all means be my guest.  Message board repetition is a birthright.  Just put it in the right forum, 'k?  That's not asking too much.

You are tired of the whining and I am damned sure tired of all the unsolicited "advice" I get from fine folks such as yourself. So I guess we're even.  Cool
Reply/Quote